Model Sketches: figure drawings and fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Sketches: figure drawings and fanart

Abby Winters has been a one of a kind site. The artists here add a human expression to their performance and camera work showing it off like a diary entry or a slice of life.
    The models are very appealing characters expressed through their body language and even vocally in interviews.
    The camera work does well some cases to complement their performance.

I'd like to show my appreciation by sharing some of these drawings on this board.
    Cartoony caricatures and several attempts to understand form figure.
    I guess you can call it fanart. If there is a forum topic for fan art already up, I'd love to see it.

Come join me on this expeditions as I learn from these artists my pieces based from their work, improving along the way.

This first set is of the model known as Manuela, I actually find this site while looking for the source of her photos.
    Attached Files

Hey bboston...welcome to the forum. Nice work !...there might be one other ( newer thread ) around but this is the one i happen to find.http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ead.php?t=9023...enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
      Hey bboston...welcome to the forum. Nice work !...there might be one other ( newer thread ) around but this is the one i happen to find.http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ead.php?t=9023...enjoy !
      Oh thank you, I'll keep an eye to see if there are more.

Comment

That was the one I immediately thought of also TJ.... and great work bboston... Looking forward to seeing some more.

Comment

Hey bboston...do you do requests ?...Renae strikes a beautiful pose here...A little challenge for you. It would be better to complete the right side....what do you think ?

Comment

Hey bboston, I liked your Manuela sketches.
            Kylie H, with her beautiful smile and glasses might be another good choice for an abbygirl caricature.

Comment

Here are some of Kylie & Masie from 2011/12.... with their then new bikes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kylie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	644054Click image for larger version

Name:	Masie.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	644055

Hey... and look it includes Pinky the Scarf

Pinky

hope Kylie & Masie don't mind me posting these here (can't recall if they have appeared on the boards before...)

Comment

Wow, wonderful caricatures. For now I have thumbnails. I'll see about practicing further with these models.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey bboston...you gave it a good try, thanks for the effort.

Comment

Pinky...i do recall seeing the caricatures some time ago but it never occurred to me to ask you if you were the creator ?...if not, would you mind sharing who was ?

Comment

So I tried playing with Kylie a bit more. her hair and glasses and smile are fun. Not sure if I got far with it. But she's fun.

Comment

I may have spent more time playing with toon versions than the actual image. I'll look into more images.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I decided to try something. Ornella was another model that stood out to me. When I first visited. When I would usually find girls I had something in common with for sake of nepotism, I still had a weakness for tall girls. I claim it's natural cause I'm a short guy.

I decided to give her poses a try digitally.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Lovely!!
                            I've had a couple of pieces of fan art sent to me. It always feels like a nudge on my ego when people take the time to make such beautiful pieces of artwork of me.
                            Sooo, if anyone ever wanted to "do me" feel free

Lea

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
                              Lovely!!
                              I've had a couple of pieces of fan art sent to me. It always feels like a nudge on my ego when people take the time to make such beautiful pieces of artwork of me.

Lea
                              Sure lots of people would want to "do you" Lea... But maybe lack the artistic talent to be able to complete the task to everyones satisfaction

Comment

<insert huge smile here> i enjoy the trying as much as anyone!

Comment

This is such a great thread!
                                  Mrpinkeyes; what did you color those with?

Comment

Pinky...i do recall seeing the caricatures some time ago but it never occurred to me to ask you if you were the creator ?...if not, would you mind sharing who was ?
                                    Originally posted by ren View Post
                                    This is such a great thread!
                                    Mrpinkeyes; what did you color those with?
                                    Unfortunately no idea, I'm an ideas man with no artistic talent at all, So I just came up with the concept and a dude in Thailand did the actual artwork. (although... they didn't follow instructions that well, Poppy was suppose to have been in Gaz's basket).

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
                                      Lovely!!

Lea
                                      Yeah, these are very nice sketches. Love it.
                                      I can imagine that it would be nice to be chosen and get one.
                                      Love Sabrina

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                                        So I just came up with the concept and a dude in Thailand did the actual artwork. (although... they didn't follow instructions that well, Poppy was suppose to have been in Gaz's basket).
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Masie.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	644233

Hey Pinky...thank's for the idea and the challenge, hope you like

Comment

hahaha.... excellent...

Your are a star TJ....

Comment

Fealt like I should give it a try. I'm realizing a few flaws in this interpretation though. Made an arm too long and it's covering the silhouette of your back. Foreshortening was fun though.
                                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's an image of Grisel. I couldn't help but to check out one of her shoots after her cameo in Ornella's video.

Her pose influences a more stylized approach featuring straighter lines with a straight forward yet dynamic shape.

I can't help but see the number seven.
                                              Attached Files

Comment

hey thats me!!
                                                And its lovely, your very good, have you always had an interest in art?

Comment

Yup. I have it's almost been a year since I graduated college with an animation degree. I've been a lot since.

Comment

I found a pretty good image of Kissa, I think she had experience as a fashion model. The kind of elegance in her poses is a pretty compelling proof to that argument.
                                                    Also I've been feeling like nepotism and this looked like pretty good back reference.
                                                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm trying my hand at R_Renae again, the more I work on this image the more I appreciate things that I wouldn't expect. In this case here bed sheets.

She has this shiny magenta (magenta?) sheet with wrinkles that curve like mountainsides and it's material shines quite a contrast between the light hitting it and the shadow it cast. It's really interesting working around where her hand is planted and seeing how her bed conforms to her form even a little bit... that's when I decided to draw the whole room.

I did had to make up a few things where the official image was cut and I'm afraid I made her shorter in this version than the official.

Still learning though. The scan may not have done it justice.
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

I could have sworn I replied to this thread earlier but it seems like not... Either way, ERMAGERD LOOK IT's ME! YOU DREW A PICTURE OF ME! I LOVE IT SO HARD!

I really like having pictures drawn of me. It's so flattering/interesting to see what parts of you people choose to highlight (because with a drawing you can see all the bits that drew their eye and they chose to put into the paper). I should totally ask the local art school if they're in need of any nude models, they can pay me in sketches.

Comment

I know from first hand experience that the artists usually keep those drawings. I'm totally up for the idea though.

Comment

Wow, these are really awesome!!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X