Unable to complete downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to complete downloads

Day or night, every time I try to download a video, especially HD, the D/L drops somewhere about 1/3 of the way through. It's this site, not my computer/ISP.
    Thanks

Do you queue downloads are download directly from the shootpage?

What error do you get ?

Comment

Thanks Frans, was gone a few days.
      I don't know what you mean by "queue" - I mean I know what the term means but not in the context of downloading from AW.

I look at the page showing me the previews of shoots, select HD radio button then left click (Win 7 64 Pro) on the blue link that says "MP4" at which point windows asks if I want to d/l this file, I say yes and the d/l begins. I always stay the whole d/l on the AW page but often walk away from the comp. or go to another url for a while in another browser instance.

Soon windows says the download is complete. I open the file and it will not play. I compare the size in MG from the site to what I got in explorer and it's usually 1/3 the size it was predicted to be.

I have gotten smaller WMV files (less than 1 GIG) complete and playable but not MP4s over 1 GIG.

Thank you

Comment

etruscanmask, you don't use queue-ing based on your (nicely verbose) description. My first guess would be some sort of diskspace issue, 2nd guess would be a connection issue. Does your browser (Internet Explorer I'll guess?) really claim the download is completed? That's confusing.

Does it know the correct filesize when downloading? (should show in the download window)

Comment

RE the downloads, I can d/l the smaller WMVs so I've stopped trying the HD MP4s (file types which I'd prefer). For your information, I have 336 GB free on the drive receiving the download and am paying my cable provider for a triple speed broadband (that typically allows two computers plus a smart TV to stream concurrently). I also regularly download large videos from other sites with no problems.
          One final question - is there a place on the site where I can find a list of all the scenes I "own" - I have not made them favorites, I just paid for them.
          Thank you

Comment

You can find your purchased scenes under My Account (top-right on any AW page) and then under the tab 'Digital Locker'

Comment

etruscnmask, can you post one or two links of HD videos of which download fails ?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X