Poll: Photoshop sometimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
    My interpretation on what Garion was that photoshop was going to be used on images that aren't deemed good enough to be shown on the site currently.
    That was one possibility (BTW, there's not many of these images, but there are some), but now many have shared their opinions, we won't be doing this any time soon, and if we did, we'd be letting people know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
      That was one possibility (BTW, there's not many of these images, but there are some), but now many have shared their opinions, we won't be doing this any time soon, and if we did, we'd be letting people know about it.
      Garion, to be honest, using Photoshop to make adjustments to the photos would be a time consuming endeavor. If there are 100 photos in one photo shoot, and 50 of them needed to be touched up, that would take a lot of time, so using Photoshop to correct a lot of images wouldn't be practical here. When it's just one image, like the cover of a magazine, then taking the time to alter that image would be okay, even if it was time consuming since it's only one picture. Heck, back when I would scan and edit pictures, I'd spend roughly 4 hours editing a 12-15 picture photo shoot. If the photo shoot contained 100 pictures, I'd never have attempted to scan and edit it as it would have been way too time consuming.

One thing I did learn from experienced Photoshop users was that, you don't need to have a calibrated monitor to properly adjust the colors in a photo. (my monitor is color calibrated....as is my scanner and printer.) If you use a plug-in to Photoshop called Curvemeister, that will allow you to color correct photos. If you've ever used "curves" in Photoshop, Curvemeister is like "curves" on steroids. I don't know what it costs these days since I bought it years ago, but once you learn how to use it, you'll find that it's worth every penny.

Anyway, as I said, it's a moot point since AW has stated that they won't be using Photoshop to touch up their photos. (does AW even have Photoshop?)

Comment

The reason I come to your site is the girls are natural. We all love to see you guys to continue what you have been doing.
        Keep up the good work. I am an Indian. I would like to see more indian/south asian girls in the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          Photoshop for the purpose stated in the first post is almost the same as make-up just applied in post-production. Given that I'd prefer to go with (very little) make-up, at least everybody involved in the shoot will be aware of that. Make-up works in video too

For some reason photoshop feels more like cheating compared to make-up... I'm weird like that I guess
          interesting discussion, but I think frans has a great point, if there is a small blemish that would cause a shoot the be cancled I feel like a little make-up might be a more acceptable solution than photoshop.

because in "real life" thats what someone would do, and this site is about trying to see pretty everyday ladies and you don't see photoshoped people walking around, but you will see a bit of make-up.

but I like the no make-up / no photoshop policy, I'm just saying I agree with the "photoshop feels more like cheating compared to make-up.."

Comment

Please don't. The AW models' natural charms are all that's needed. I have viewed some of the sites that aspire to perfection-- I strongly prefer the approach AW has always taken. If the model has a scar or mole, or other mark she's still herself. I note that Immie has a significant mole on her right breast. Immie might be more beautiful, not less, because of her flaw, if it is a flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogm3 View Post
              I note that Immie has a significant mole on her right breast. Immie might be more beautiful, not less, because of her flaw, if it is a flaw.
              To be clear, this would never be in question: moles (and scars, and similar attributes) would NEVER be touched by Photoshop - they're not "flaws" in our book, they are, as you say, part of what makes a person.

Comment

I'm reminded of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie in which the pirates' "code" suddenly became "guidelines"!

While the vote for no photoshopping is clear perhaps the rule should not be set in stone, such that photoshop is never used, but there as a guideline. In the end it should be up to AW to use photoshop where it is deemed necessary. I'm entirely confident that it would not used merely for glamour enhancement.

Comment

I agree that I really like the fact the site doesn't use photoshop (i don't think photoshop is always bad but there are enough sites using photoshop already, it's nice to have some that don't!)... BUT I also have to agree with Yara, I think if the site doesn't want to use photoshop, personally I'd find it a lot better if that meant that AW would really accept models with all their imperfections, otherwise it is a little bit of a misleading idea of natural (natural people are covered in pimples, sometimes ! well i guess i just think the word 'natural' is just a little confusing sometimes). I am pretty paranoid everytime I have a shoot with AW about the grooming check part, although I personally don't often get many pimples, part of my 'natural' self for example is that I've got quite pale skin and bruise extremely easily. sometimes i think they look kind of nice, actually... but accepting an AW shoot for me means really limiting the type of stuff i do the days before because otherwise i'll surely show up a little bit blue..

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X