No announcement yet.

Pre-shoots for T3 videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true that this information is useful for the models, but I'm inclined to agree that it isn't necessary to have this specific exchange filmed. One idea that I think would be more fun to watch but still fit the AW style would be to have both girls getting ready for the shoot at the same time but in different places, and a photographer sort of follows them around one at a time asking them how they feel about the upcoming shoot.

For example, let's say there's a shoot between Model A and Model B. While model A is stepping out of the shower, the photographer can film her drying off while she asks some questions like, what do you think about your partner so far? What are you most excited about doing with her? What can you do during the shoot to surprise and shock her and the crew? What's your favorite thing about her body/personality? Etc. And after Model A answers these questions, the photographer can then walk into the other room to find Model B choosing her clothes, and can ask similar questions, whether or not she is nervous or excited, what she is expecting/hoping from this shoot.

While the models still need to have a discussion about their likes and dislikes during sex, I think that this should be done off-camera, because any kind of structured exchange between the models on this point is going to seem too repetitive and dull and "clinical" or technical.

Comment

I think that this should be done off-camera, because any kind of structured exchange between the models on this point is going to seem too repetitive and dull and "clinical" or technical.
      Jada, thank you. You have said exactly what I have been saying all along. And I can't find the answer to the questions of why it's necessary to have the Q&A on-camera or what it offers that's better than the free format shoot. The fun and interest provided by the free format shoots has totally disappeared and it seems it's not about to return.

If the pre-shoot vids detract that much from main-vid I'd recommend viewing in order; main, before->after or skip before-vids entirely.
      Frans. To be honest I have to say not watching part of the overall shoot between models just seems a bit negative. To see the models beforehand (possibly as they prepare), to discover how they feel about themselves, about the other model and what their own expectations are leads perfectly into what follows - at least, it used to.
      I guess the only other question is whether the Q&A is here to stay or whether there will be any consideration for changes to this format?
      Last edited by boomertoo; 20 October 2014, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jada View Post
        It's true that this information is useful for the models, but I'm inclined to agree that it isn't necessary to have this specific exchange filmed. One idea that I think would be more fun to watch but still fit the AW style would be to have both girls getting ready for the shoot at the same time but in different places, and a photographer sort of follows them around one at a time asking them how they feel about the upcoming shoot.

For example, let's say there's a shoot between Model A and Model B. While model A is stepping out of the shower, the photographer can film her drying off while she asks some questions like, what do you think about your partner so far? What are you most excited about doing with her? What can you do during the shoot to surprise and shock her and the crew? What's your favorite thing about her body/personality? Etc. And after Model A answers these questions, the photographer can then walk into the other room to find Model B choosing her clothes, and can ask similar questions, whether or not she is nervous or excited, what she is expecting/hoping from this shoot.

While the models still need to have a discussion about their likes and dislikes during sex, I think that this should be done off-camera, because any kind of structured exchange between the models on this point is going to seem too repetitive and dull and "clinical" or technical.
        That's exactly what I would like to see.
        In older shoots, there are many videos which are like this (they are often called backstage instead of before/after).

I guess that's more difficult to film something like this than just making the 2 girls sit with 2 cameras but it really gives another atmosphere before the shoot. It's fun, less predictable, more alive...

Comment

This is probably just me and my neuroses, but I think its a bit too much information. The best way to explain it is to compare it if it was a guy (because I've had sex with more men off camera). If a guy told me, before we were going to have sex, "ok, so when you give me a blow job, grip the shaft, but not too hard or I'll lose my erection, just medium grip, and then ... etc," I'd think, whoa, this guy has a really particular penis if he has to explain this much to me before we even get going. And it would make me really nervous, and then even though I give "world class blow jobs" (ahem, yeah that's a direct quote ...) I'd probably give a terrible one cause I'd be so timid "yeah, you're not good at blow jobs" (that's also a direct quote, so yeah). In my mind, it just becomes an exercise in highlighting all the ways I can fuck it up, ideas which I hadn't even thought of! I mean, of course you should say if there are certain things you just really hate, but otherwise, I like to just find out a person's style as it happens and then go from there. AW does this a lot more than I do though, so I'm sure they know if it leads to better sex and that's why they do it. I think I am just a crazy paranoid person. Really though, there's no substitute for good feedback in the moment, I say! That's why I always make sure to be quite vocal

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
            Originally posted by Jada View Post

That's exactly what I would like to see.
            In older shoots, there are many videos which are like this (they are often called backstage instead of before/after).

I guess that's more difficult to film something like this than just making the 2 girls sit with 2 cameras but it really gives another atmosphere before the shoot. It's fun, less predictable, more alive...
            yeah.... what they said.

Comment

All notes on this have been noted and we have a few things we are currently planning on trying over the next few Girl Girl experiences to see if we can find something that works for everyone. xx

Comment

Masie, that’s really good news! I originally started this thread because I saw something that just didn’t seem to be “Abbywinters”. The pre-shoots had become dry, sterile and no longer those enjoyable “little bit fun, little bit sexy” shoots of the past. I understand there are constraints on production but I wonder if there really is a need for a set “policy” here? I also understand that models are different to one another and not all are as up-front and cheeky as you, so the backstage shoot you did with Marina (which was just THE best fun to watch) will not always work.
                Ref: http://www.abbywinters.com/girl_girl...e/video/clip_4
                Maybe an individual approach could be made by assessing the models during photo-shoots or earlier and then creating the pre-shoot format from there. It could be Q&A (but, oh please, not technical – just fun) or something similar to those earlier shoots.
                Anyhow, I’m sure AW will come up with the right answers and be more “Abbywinters” again.
                PS Have just re-joined - couldn't stay away!
                Last edited by boomertoo; 25 October 2014, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I have shot a new interpretation before video for Anjali and Gala's video together so watch out for that and feedback very welcome! I will be trying a few new ideas out in the next few Girl Girl shoots and I promise to highlight which ones they will be for you as soon as they have been shot.

Comment

Thanks Masie - you're wonderful! Will look forward to seeing the shoot.
                    PS Any information on Violet? Did she ever keep in contact with AW?

Comment

YOur welcome boomertoo. I have no news on Violet I am affaird but when she was here she certainly shone. xx

Comment

Recently I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime for me) about what Garion said earlier on this thread:

I am not sure how many GG scenes you have watched, do you really think it's time to stop this kind of interview,
                        It is nice to hear from the models before seeing them together and it would be a shame to miss out on this. So, inspired by the idea posted by tjsunray, where the models talk and undress, I thought I'd offer this for consideration:

Scrap the pre-shoot as it is now and instead have a DIM, with fixed camera as usual, where both models can talk about how they feel about the upcoming shoot and a little about their likes/dislikes. Their masturbation session would naturally flow with their conversation. This is a similar format to current DIMs but more focused on the upcoming shoot and I see one possible advantage in that both models would get to know one another more intimately and perhaps be more relaxed?, inspired?, excited? during the GG that follows. One disadvantage is that the DIM would have to be released prior to the GG shoot, though definitely not immediately before. A good DIM would certainly have members waiting impatiently for the GG shoot!

Would be interested to hear responses to this idea.
                        Last edited by boomertoo; 14 December 2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

A disappointing lack of response to the above post as I thought there was enough merit in the idea to be worthy of some reaction. In thinking of the plus side:

The DIM I suggested would take away the need to work out different ideas for pre-shoots.

It would cover all that a pre-shoot can offer but in a way that would definitely be more “sexy” – and provide a bonus shoot too!

It would certainly allow the models to get to know each other more intimately and maybe pave the way for a more relaxed or more exciting GG.

It would mean that the models would not necessarily have to describe to each other what they like; they could demonstrate it (that is, within the limitations of the session, i.e.: just kissing, touching, etc).

Where the models click together and have that “special” connection then there is the bonus for members of seeing them together once more.

Is it worth considering?

Comment

Hi boomertoo,
                            Sorry to say, but as a model, I really don't like this idea. Personally, after I masturbate, I'm exhausted and no longer horny most of the time. And even if I am still horny afterwards, if I've already had an orgasm, it could potentially limit the amount of orgasms I could have later with my partner, and I would hate to "waste" an orgasm by myself instead of being able to share it with my lovely partner!

Also, I think that if I masturbate naked next to my partner, it takes away some of the magic of the girl-girl shoot. My favorite part of the girl-girl shoots is when, after I've been eyeing my partner and imagining what her body looks and feels like under her clothes, I finally get to take her clothes off and touch her for the first time, and I get to see her orgasm for the first time up close and personal. This is part of what makes the girl-girls so fun, is exploring each other's bodies for the first time, and for me a DIM right before would take away from that because I would have already seen my partner naked and orgasmijg up close.
                            Also to me it just seems really pointless to masturbate if you're about to have sex right after.

I'm not at all opposed to doing a DIM and a girl-girl with the same partner, but I definitely don't think that both shoots should be on the same day.

Comment

I agree with Jada, there would be no tension or excitement at the start of a girl girl shoot if the ladies had already seen each other full naked and indeed orgasming.

I have not been ignoring this thread I have in fact been busy preparing a huge post that will follow in the coming days.

We have been trialing three new styles of before video some of which are now live on the website to try and find a balance between models getting what they need information wise, watchers getting to see variety and little teases of excitement and giving the models involved more freedom to be spontaneous and to guide the conversation in ways that feel sensible and interesting to them.

A full list will be posted up soon.

Comment

This reminds me, I saw a before vid where models didn't have to hold the camera's themselves (was on tripod I think). Was a good idea I think, as it relieves models of that task to focus on each other.

Comment

Thank you Jada and Masie for your thoughtful replies and for taking the time and trouble to answer. I completely understand what you have said and I bow to your far deeper knowledge on this subject!

I just hope that nobody thinks I have been "banging on" about this subject as a whim. I love all the models on AW and not just for their physical beauty but also for their personalities, their openness to talk about themselves and that they should allow us to share their most intimate moments. All I can say is that it is a pleasure and a privilege to see and hear them in this way (though others have expressed this opinion far better than I).

In the end it is seeing and hearing them as they are, open and natural, that is so delightful. For me at least the pre-shoots became so sterile and unnatural: almost a staged rehearsal for what follows. It just seems so "wrong" that two people should sit and cooly discuss the lovemaking (or just plain sex if you prefer) that they are about to share together; at the risk of overusing the word it just seems "unnatural" when everything else about them comes across as natural. Sorry if this sounds odd - I'm not so good with words so this is a clumsy way to express what I feel.

Thank you both again and I'm really looking forward to your huge post Masie (and I'm so sorry if my "banging on" has created more work for you!).

PS It wasn't the idea to have the GG follow immediately after the DIM. This certainly would have been a downside in terms of scheduling.
                                  PPS I would still love to see a DIM with the same two models, especially when they connect together so well (maybe later then?).
                                  Last edited by boomertoo; 19 December 2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Masie

You asked for feedback on the different ideas being tried for these pre-shoots, so I'd like to offer the following appraisal. It is critical but it is also honest and offered with the best of intentions so I hope that it helps.

On the positive side, the latest versions have been getting better, certainly where the models "click", and in the latest shoot with Beatrix and Gisela the questions asked about their "sexcapades" were fun and provided a lot more interest than usual.

On the negative side I have to say that currently these pre-shoots still do not work at all well. In simple terms the new format still retains such a formal feel, even where models do "click", that it provides no atmosphere for what is to follow. The earlier free-format does, not always with total success, but always leaving one interested and keen to see what follows. If I could quote you from another thread:

We have been working on ways to really empower the woman to let go and do whatever feels right to them in their scene and part of the tools we promise them to allow them to do this, is the information they get in the before video from their partner.
                                    From this I gather that this is the reason the Q&A was first introduced a couple of years back. From the point of view of the models open discussion between themselves is definitely a good idea. It does help them to get to know one another while providing them with an idea on how to pleasure their partner during the sex act and, from that, to be more at ease and achieve more enjoyment in the moment. For the members though it is a step backwards, substituting what was once an interesting, relaxed and fun shoot with one that seems unnaturally formal. I am in full agreement with those members who have expressed their dislike of the new format. I repeat the often asked question of why it is necessary for this exchange between the models to be shown on camera. It is a question that still remains unanswered. Yes, by all means let them get together but OFF CAMERA.

I know that you have been working hard to adapt this format to create an acceptable video and I truly appreciate your efforts, especially as they involve your concerns in helping the models. However, I honestly believe that it is time to abandon the current idea and I offer this as an alternative:

Continue to use the current format but dispense with those awful cards. Instead perhaps use an off-camera whiteboard, set in a location where the models could quickly refer to it. Have the questions cover more general ground such as the "sexcapades" and definitely steer well clear of specifics, such as "How do you like to be kissed?", etc. Sexual preferences really are something the models should discuss away from the camera. They should not be for members to hear at this time (this information is something that could be divulged, and often is, in solo shoots or DIMs). Perhaps the models could write down a question or two of their own? The idea is to have the models "chatting" about sex rather than asking direct and specific questions.
                                    If possible the models should be allowed a little more latitude in terms of contact, i.e. sat close together, maybe allowed to cuddle up together, even offer a little kiss or touch, if they felt relaxed and content to do so. This might help them to become more at ease with each other and also produce an interesting pre-shoot.
                                    Importantly, alternate these pre-shoots with those of the earlier free-format type but do so on an irregular basis, achieving a roughly 50/50 ratio. The type of shoot could maybe be dependent on how you judge what would suit the models involved.
                                    Shoots using the same format time and again become repetitive and eventually boring, especially where they are not entertaining as in the current situation.
                                    I believe that this arrangement would offer more entertaining shoots plus some variety for the members while still ensuring that the needs of the models are looked after.

Masie, I humbly apologise for posting such a long message (you're probably sick of me by now) but I do hope you find it interesting enough to consider further discussion at AW Central. I now leave it in your expert hands and retire quietly into the night!
                                    Last edited by boomertoo; 21 January 2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Masie, I'd just like to add a couple of things to my previous post.

The free-format shoots could include the "backstage" type, similar to your own, ALL of which were just great to watch. Use of the free-format shoots maybe could be confined to the more experienced models who would obviously be more at ease in front of camera and leave the "chat" shoots for the newer models. Again, maybe it is best left to the individual situation.

A possible question or two: "Have you had sex with another woman before?" "What do you like about sex with another woman?" "What turns you on to another woman?" "What are you looking forward to with me?"

Comment

I might have written this on another thread before, but I like the pre-shoots were a single model talks with a staffer (i.e. with other model not present). Just viewed the Nichole/Renae D shoot again where it was done this way. The bonus of such a setup is that you can ask one model what she things about the other. That's a bit more awkward when both are in the room

Comment

Totally agree, Frans. But then, I liked all the earlier shoots whether the staffer spoke with one model or two, also the backstage type of shoot. I know that Masie is working hard to adapt this Q&A format but I have to say I firmly believe that this kind of discussion between the models is best left off-camera.

What I proposed was a chat session between the models that involved the two relating sexy stories and experiences instead of the Q&A. During their "chat" it's possible that personal sexual preferences might naturally be raised. I thought this would be much more interesting and fun to watch.

What I also proposed was that the pre-shoots be a variety of this format and those earlier free-format shoots. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see why pre-shoots now need to be the same format every time. After all: "Variety is the spice of life!"

I would be so interested to know if AW would take these ideas into consideration. Any chance of that?
                                          Last edited by boomertoo; 24 January 2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

I love the additional questions you have added and I will certainly be folding those into the next GGT3 before video I am part of.

To further explain the logic behind the before videos, in part it is not just useful information for the models but for anyone interested in picking up a few sex tips. I get to watch at least 98% of all videos before they are ready for sharing and you'd think by now I would know it all but there are still little tips and tricks that are mentioned that I take home with me and give a go on my own.

Now we seem to be finding a few styles that are getting close to what everyone needs the next thing I will start working on is getting a more informal feel. I personally really liked Flora and Anjali's before video where they had questions as a guide and spoke together in bed, made it feel a lot different for me (do you agree?). I am also starting to favor the version of the before video where the models have playing style cards so they can have fun with it. These cards don't actually have questions on just hints to start a question for example:

'Tell me about . . . . '
                                            'How do you like . . . '

This way ladies who don't have English as a first language get the sentence started for them as support but they are still in charge of what they want to know.

I am also enjoying the real sex stories that are coming out at the moment and that will be an element I hope we can expand on as it has led to some super interesting ideas being shared.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, more always welcome and I am hopeful we will nail it for everyone soon. Keep an eye out for Anahi & Yara before video as that was a new, new trail before video which I think you may find more relaxed.

Comment

Masie, thank you so much for your reply. As usual with your answers it's very informative and very nicely put. If I could now be brave enough to respond before you get totally fed up with me, after which I will try very hard to shut-up!

Sexual Preferences: It's that same question of why does this have to be on-camera? Wouldn't it be just as helpful for the models to talk quietly together on their own? A lot of models already divulge their sexual likes/dislikes in their solos so maybe the solo shoots could include more of this personal information? That way the videographer gets more intimate questions to ask and you still get those extra sex tips!

The Cards: As soon as I see those cards I lose any sense of intimacy between the models. Honestly, I just hate them! They add such a formal, interview-like atmosphere to the scene and I can't help but think "These girls are about to have sex together and yet here they are discussing it so coolly and clinically, like they're discussing the weather. Where's the attraction between them, the intimacy, the anticipation of pleasure with each other?"
                                              I thought the off-camera whiteboard would at least offer a more informal approach. It should do everything the cards currently do without intruding on the scene.

The Questions: I'm really pleased you liked my suggestions. The idea was for the models just to have a "sexy chat". If one model doesn't have a sexy story to tell maybe the other could ask about her sexual fantasies instead? By also being sat close together this might help break the ice a little more and introduce some of that missing sense of intimacy. The setting with Flora and Anjali was perfect for this.

Variety: If possible I would really like to know why all pre-shoots necessarily have to be the same format. Is it not viable to include free-format and backstage type shoots as well as the newer type of shoot? Masie, I know that not all models are as free-spirited and as fun as you, but your pre-shoot/backstage videos are just SO good! I enjoy them every time I watch (often). Would that we could see more like these!

Could I finish by testing your patience further and ask if it's possible for someone at "AW Central" to take a look at this thread and reply to the questions and comments raised in answer to Jada's idea posted on 22nd Jan:
                                              This is a place where staff and members can post outlandish ideas on ways the site can go. Includes things like advertising and business related, plus ideas for shoot genres, site sections, special projects, and stuff like that

Thank you Masie, it's always a pleasure to hear from you. You're wonderful!
                                              Last edited by boomertoo; 27 January 2015, 05:51 AM.

Comment

There are some really good ideas coming out of this thread! I definitely like the idea of a private interview with each model and a camera to ask a couple of opinions about her feelings and her partner before the upcoming shoot. I know for the shoot with Noa we actually had a private, informal chat in the kitchen before the filming began, over bread and chocolate sprinkles, where she directly asked me exactly what I do and do not like and we got to understand each other's preferences a little better. I think the real intimacy this conversation created added to our intimacy during the actual shoot.

I, for one, am a bit of a prude. So I don't like saying words like "pussy" or "nipple" or "dick" (I'd be more inclined to say "wiener" in polite company) unless it's during the heat of the moment, then anything goes! So I would agree, the format of the questions is a little off-putting and, according to my Victorian sensibilities, can be a little crass, despite the formal nature, or perhaps because of it.

Usually, before having sex with someone the chemistry has time to build organically, you get to know them a little better by spending time together. Sometimes this is hard to accomplish in the timeframe AW has, or sometimes maybe there just isn't much chemistry. For all the girls I did shoots with, except Noa, we spent at least one night in the same flat together so had some time to bond and get to know each other I kind of think that might be enough and if the girls are encouraged to privately discuss their likes and dislikes beforehand then AW can spend time making a more exciting intro. However, I have no idea what that should ideally entail, but I understand why filming things like the girls eating together over lunch, or travelling to the shoot, or picking out their outfits might present logistical challenges. Though this would be something I'd actually enjoy seeing, like a little glimpse into the 'behind the scenes' life of the models on set.

Comment

Mila, thanks so much for that answer.

It's so interesting to find out that you had some time with other models to bond beforehand (I certainly won't be rude enough to ask how much "bonding" that led to!). I do hope you enjoyed your chocolate sprinkles though!

The point I've continued to make is that the "intimate preferences" conversation between models is the right idea but best left privately and informally and off-camera. I've put this question and others, plus some ideas, on another thread http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=17804 and Masie has replied to say that all these have been noted and will be discussed once the busy period is over.

The backstage pre-shoots were often produced in the past, especially prior to AW leaving OZ, with models such as Keilyn, Larissa M, etc. Masie did appear in some really fun ones too, especially that with Marina - well worth a look! http://www.abbywinters.com/girl_girl...e/video/clip_4

Thanks again for your post Mila and so very glad to see you are back again and really looking forward to your Playdate and more shoots.

PS So glad you like my "Pic of the Year" - thought it one of the most beautiful photos I'd ever seen!
                                                  Last edited by boomertoo; 12 February 2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Masie and Misha, congratulations on the latest pre-shoots! I am now a happy (happier) little camper!

In recent times they have been getting better and better and I am so pleased to see that some of my suggestions have been used (at least I would be very happy to think I might have had something to do with it!)

The latest Sabina-Flora is the best yet. As an observation, such was the connect between them that I thought at a certain point it would have been just right to have them continue straight into the shoot itself and so make the prelim part of it. Maybe that's worth considering in future shoots where this connection happens?

Can I be a bit grumpy and ask that those "cards" disappear? Whiteboard maybe?

Great shoots ladies - more please!

Comment

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the before videos - we have put a lot of work into these based on member feedback as you know. Gala and Lulu in my opinion is a really strong example of what we have been working towards so hopefully you will particularly enjoy that one. As much as we can we are working on your feedback that you find the cards a hinderance but there will still be one or two shoots that need them, for example if a model is not 100% confident in her English language skills these are a great support for her to have and I am sure you will agree that happy models is the most important thing.

Comment

Hi Masie

Lovely to hear from you again - you've been so quiet I was getting quite worried that you had disappeared from the forum entirely!

I really do appreciate that you've been taking note of the suggestions and for all the hard work you've put in to incorporate some of them. I'm now waiting impatiently to see Gala and Lulu. As you're in the "front line" you face problems, such as the language issue, that I do not consider so I apologise for putting up ideas that are not going to work (probably won't stop me from being annoying though!).

Thanks again - you're wonderful!

PS Love the Pic of the Day of you in the great outdoors - very you! Made me think of Mini-Masie who I hope is behaving herself.
                                                        Last edited by boomertoo; 18 April 2015, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
                                                          PS Love the Pic of the Day of you in the great outdoors - very you! Made me think of Mini-Masie who I hope is behaving herself.
                                                          Ehm.. did I miss something? Masie didn't look pregnant to me? (abs look quite good actually) Or is just us dutchies using 'mini-...' to refer to a kid?

Comment

Ehm.. did I miss something?
                                                            Hi Frans, no you didn't! As far as I know from way down here in Oz Masie is definitely not pregnant and, yes, I agree she is looking super good as ever.

One of my favourite people and I always harbour the hope that she will appear in front of the camera again. Masie....?

Comment

Don't panic (especially Masie!) I'm not about to resurrect this subject! But......

I do miss those wonderful little moments from earlier years when models first meet, or when a new model is about to shoot her first GG scene, such as in this video: http://www.abbywinters.com/girl_girl...ana/video/clip

I understand the careful and caring approach to guiding models along the way, especially those new to being in front of the camera, but it is so interesting to see the reaction as displayed by Gabrielle and Christiana that I wonder if it is possible to have an occasional shoot like this, maybe not necessarily as a pre-shoot but as a short "Backstage" video.

Some of those shoots show glimpses of the staff so, as a bonus, we might just get to see our current lovely videographers now and then!
                                                              Last edited by boomertoo; 28 June 2015, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X