No announcement yet.

cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering, did the timezone/time for Laney's playdate make a difference to how many members attended the playdate? I think her playdate went live around 21:00 New York time?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
      I'm wondering, did the timezone/time for Laney's playdate make a difference to how many members attended the playdate? I think her playdate went live around 21:00 New York time?
      Frans, it was 10pm eastern time in N. America.

Comment

Just curious here....I had thought about checking out Laney's Playdate, but I fell asleep, but then I wondered....how do you view her playdate? Is there some special software you need to install, or maybe a special link you have to click on? How does one view a model during her playdate session?

Comment

Laney's playdate started at 1900 (7 PM) here in California, which works out to 400 (4 AM) in most of Europe, so more than a few European members missed it. I'm not sure there's much that can be done, though. I'm guessing that most AW members live in one of three areas - Australia, North America and Europe - and no matter what time you schedule a playdate, members in one of those areas will have issues with being awake to see it.

Dekoda, as long as you meet the AW qualifications, you should be able to watch. Click the "playdate" option at the top of the page; if there's one scheduled, you should see who and when. You will need Flash to watch and chat, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post

Dekoda, as long as you meet the AW qualifications, you should be able to watch. Click the "playdate" option at the top of the page; if there's one scheduled, you should see who and when. You will need Flash to watch and chat, though.
            Grump, yes, when I clicked on the Playdate, I saw when Laney's Playdate was scheduled. What I don't know is, when the Playdate is in progress, how do you access it? Is there some special link that you click on? If so, where is that special link.....is it in visible under the Playdate Beta header where Laney's scheduled playdate is listed?

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
              Grump, yes, when I clicked on the Playdate, I saw when Laney's Playdate was scheduled. What I don't know is, when the Playdate is in progress, how do you access it? Is there some special link that you click on? If so, where is that special link.....is it in visible under the Playdate Beta header where Laney's scheduled playdate is listed?
              Actually, when the Playdate is in progress, it's on that Playdate page. Instead of the "Coming soon" message, there's the cam feed and the chat window.

Comment

Actually, when the Playdate is in progress, it's on that Playdate page. Instead of the "Coming soon" message, there's the cam feed and the chat window.
                Okay Grump, thanks!

Comment

So what's the current state and intended plan for iOS support and playdates?

The site overall works okay for me now on my iPad and other cam sites have proven viable on my platform-of-choice. Hopefully, this new path for AW will be an equally-capable citizen, but right now I don't know if I can join Lulu tonight until she goes live.

Comment

Lulu's playdate was amazing! She is so sweet and beautiful and charming. She clearly was having a wonderful time, and we all did, too! Thanks so much for visiting with us, Lulu!

Comment

Fantastic playdate with Lulu today. Especially how she interacted with us members was a pleasure. She said she was nervous before but even if it showed a bit her mind opened up and she had a great time, like we did. The volume of her microphone could have been set a bit higher (if it wasn't set to max already), since even with headphones on, I had to set it as high as possible. But that was just a minor quibble compared to the awesome 65 minutes.

Comment

Lulu, thank you for the Playdate! I didn't comment during the show since I was watching on my tablet in the bedroom (and trying to type and watch on it screws things up), but if I could have, I would have been saying my share of nice things. (And Sabrina did show up just in time, didn't she? ) I will say that I was expecting a sexy time, but I wasn't expecting it to be so much fun as well! I liked the saucy, giggly side of you, and I hope I can make it to your next Playdate!

Comment

Thanks very much Lulu. You're delightful.

Garion - today was the first time I've managed to log into a playdate. For a start Lulu was amazing. But I was also impressed at the pleasant environment in the room. It's such a fine line between asking sexy questions and being weird and pervy. I see you mentioned at the beginning of this thread about maybe changing the format after the trial. I really hope it stays as it is, although I appreciate you and the models have to earn some extra revenues from it somehow. I suspect the fact that it's restricted to members and frequent users who appreciate the ethos of the site helps to keep things on the right side of the line. Hopefully whatever happens you'll manage to preserve the welcoming, friendly and respectful environment. I've been a member for many years now and can't see what would make me stop. But if the playdates carry on in a similar format I'll definitely have another big reason for staying with the site. After her playdate I went back and watched some of Lulu's old shoots and somehow they seemed better because of her appearance today.

Oh, and scheduling shows at weekends makes lots of sense :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gretyl View Post
                            So what's the current state and intended plan for iOS support and playdates?
                            Currently, Playdates are still in beta mode, so not everything works right. However, they are shaping up to be successful, so we will be fixing bugs and expanding functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by badger_j View Post
                              Garion - today was the first time I've managed to log into a playdate. For a start Lulu was amazing. But I was also impressed at the pleasant environment in the room.
                              That environment will not change.

Oh, and scheduling shows at weekends makes lots of sense :-)
                              Mmm. It's tricky to know when to schedule shows, with timezones and days and models availability. It's too early to say when we will schedule them regularly, but thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Laney's playdate started at 1900 (7 PM) here in California, which works out to 400 (4 AM) in most of Europe, so more than a few European members missed it. I'm not sure there's much that can be done, though. I'm guessing that most AW members live in one of three areas - Australia, North America and Europe - and no matter what time you schedule a playdate, members in one of those areas will have issues with being awake to see it.
                                It sounds like whatever time you schedule the event, lots of members will be likely to miss it. Is there any chance the events could be recorded so we could all catch up on the ones we miss?

Comment

connorsir, at this stage, we have no plans to make recordings available to members, as the recording does not make any sense without the context of what others are saying.

Additionally, Playdates are part of our anti-piracy strategy: unlike our other content, live content is much more difficult to pirate.

Comment

What happened to Renae D's playdate that was scheduled to happen in just a few hrs. from now? It was scheduled for 3am my time (N. America EST), but came home from work and that playdate has disappeared. It was still scheduled when I went to work today. I was looking forward to it as I had missed Renae's first one.

Comment

I agree laktor, the shoot was supposed to happen one minute from now, but it's no longer listed. If it had to be canceled for some reason, maybe AW could place a notice on the Playdate link, that it was canceled, so that we'd know in advance that it was canceled, and thereby not get up early to see it.

Comment

Well, I bruised my butt weekend before last dragging a heavy suitcase and the bruise is still there. Also, Friday night an epically large cystic pimple decided to swell up enormously on my face. As it happens, the swelling is actually entirely gone today and just a bit of redness remains. And on Friday afternoon I accidentally hit myself in the face with a hammer, which sounds really bad but its actually just a small cut. One, or a combination of these, is the reason my playdate didn't happen today! Hoping we can reschedule it ASAP!

Comment

Hi Renae! Thanks for letting us know why the Playdate was canceled. I figured it was probably due to a problem that you encountered and decided to cancel because of it. I understand that things like this happen...such is life. Heck, two years ago, my radio club held it's annual Christmas banquet at a local restaurant. I reserved a private room in the back, and I wanted to give every ham operator a Christmas gift at the banquet. I decided to give each ham operator, a new ham radio, so I bought 40 radios, along with their software programming kits. The Saturday of the banquet, it snowed, and most of the members didn't show up, so I was stuck with all of those radios. It took me 6 months before I was finally able to give each ham their radio Christmas gift, so I completely understand that things don't always work out as planned.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing you in an upcoming Playdate to chat with you. I don't get out much so I don't get to meet many people, that's why I enjoy chatting with the models, as it gives me the opportunity to get to know someone from a different country. This is one of the things that I enjoy about being a ham radio operator....I get to chat with people all over the world. I find that all people are interesting, but those in other countries are even more so.
                                          Last edited by Dekoda; 10 February 2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I look forward to chatting with you Dekoda!

Comment

Good to see that Renae's playdate has already been rescheduled, so I look forward to tuning in! I'll also get to tune in for Laney again and Flora. The only one I'll have to miss will be Mila because I'll be working. It's a shame because she seems like such a lovely girl, but maybe she'll also do another one later on.

Comment

Any chance that Jada could do a playdate?

Comment

Hi Laktor! I feel so incredibly honored that you thought of me! AW team has actually already asked me several times to do a play date, but at the moment I can't because my internet connection is unreliable, I have roommates constantly in the apartment so I'm never alone, and my webcam is really crappy quality. I would love to do one sometime though if these things change! Thanks for asking, you are so sweet

Comment

Three of the playdates are scheduled for the same time of day, Mila, Laney, and Maika. 16:00 Eastern U.S. time for me. I think it might be better, at least for me, if at least one of them was moved five or six hours later, as the current time will be afternoon throughout the U.S. I will be working at that time, so I will be unable to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Skin25 View Post
                                                      Three of the playdates are scheduled for the same time of day, Mila, Laney, and Maika. 16:00 Eastern U.S. time for me. I think it might be better, at least for me, if at least one of them was moved five or six hours later, as the current time will be afternoon throughout the U.S. I will be working at that time, so I will be unable to join.
                                                      I feel for you Skin, but Laney's playdate is on a Saturday. Perhaps you work Saturdays? I will also have to miss Mila and Maika due to work, but will set my alarm and catch Renae, then go back to sleep. :-). I'm also staying up late tonight to see Flora's playdate. Luckily my work shift starts at 1pm, so I can sleep in! I would especially have liked to see Mila but hopefully she'll do another playdate later.

Comment

We have some problems with Flora Playdate right now, we're looking in to it. Stay on the page (www.abbywinters.com/playdate), and it will automatically show Flora when it's working.

Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

I think that Playdates is a great innovation. If it is kept FREE it will encourage more subscribers to AW.
                                                          If it can't be kept entirely free, then it should be so for anyone who has been an AW subscriber for 3 months or more. (This includes re-subscription under a new Username and Password because, sometimes, the original details are not reusable e.g, after an accidental or temporary lapse of subscription).

Comment

I can't see an answer anywhere, but have seen some legacy members like me asking about this; I've been a member for, like, ever, but don't meet the criteria? Is this right?

Comment

MojoMajor: we're considering splitting it into a paid and unpaid version (or, I should say, adding a paid version). I Hope we can afford to keep having free-to-members Playdates.

BanksyBanks: Based on what you have said, it seems like you should have access (the requirements are listed on www.abbywinters.com/playdate). Email support@abbywinters.com and they will sort you out.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X