No announcement yet.

April 2015: Changing video formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! For Tuesday we have scheduled new release with bunch of fixes. In particular it should resolve problem with quality selection reported by philchen.

Comment

Hi, just wanted to say thank you to all the AW staff for all your assistance, the scene now downloads fine at the correct size and plays perfectly all the way through, once again many thanks.

Comment

No complaints or glitches from me, I just wanted to say thanks very much for the upgrade! I generally tend to stream all the videos rather than wait for the downloads, so the crystal-clear HD streaming is a revelation. I've started going back and watching favorite shoots again and it's like seeing them anew. I notice details I hadn't seen before in the lower-quality streams, like subtle blushes on the girl's cheeks during moments of ecstasy. Great work, tech team!

Comment

Hi, as planned before, we have released new fixes and changes.
          Change log:
          - changing the download quality on video page doesn't affect profile settings
          - switching the default streaming format (FLV/MP4) on video page works as expected

Comment

All videos from Jan 1 2014 to now are now available in HD1080 format. We're working on going back to 2010.

Comment

We're working on going back to 2010.
              Garion
              I know there's a lot of work involved but could future plans allow for going back further in time, even if just in HQ? There are many of those earlier shoots that would benefit from better quality.

Comment

Boomertoo, unfortunately, we lack the HD masters for before 2010, so the versions on the site are the best we have :/

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                  Boomertoo, unfortunately, we lack the HD masters for before 2010, so the versions on the site are the best we have :/
                  Will you be able to convert older (prior to 2010) SQ .wmv's to .mp4 format? If so, that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

I posted this already in the Videos section:

Hello,
                    I must say I'm very disappointed with the playback quality of the recent 720p HD files. Low video bitrate takes all the fun to watch - fuzziness and pixelation over and over (especially when there are fast movements in the video and in the outdoor scenes). Latest girl-girl "Nichole & Ophelia" could be a great video, but not at a bitrate of 2400 kb/s ... come on, video quality looks like back from 2005 not 2015 - it's a shame! I urge you to re-think the issue and go back to at least 4100 kb/s like before. High resolution only makes sense with an adequate bitrate. GirlsoutWest offers 4700 kb/s for 720p and 7000 kb/s for 1080p - that's fine. And if people complain about big filesize they should kindly download the lower quality files ...
                    Best regards!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X