X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandwidth Exceeded

You have exceeded your download limit
    There's a download limit?!

I hate to make a second tech support thread in less than 4 months, but here it is, and hopefully it's informative. I've already sent a message through the official support page, but my head's scratching on this one.

You downloaded an extremely excessive amount of data from our site - way more than the entire amount content of the site.
    I have absolutely no idea how to do this, or even knew this was possible. Considering I have Firefox chock full of tabs to remind me of models and shoots I'm interested on downloading in the future, I was bewildered by this. As of 2013 (though I've been a member since 2009) according to site tracking, I've downloaded an estimated 2.5 TB. I'm assuming, I know, but I have this feeling this isn't the entirety of AbbyWinters' content.

Because the answer is "No" to all the supposed excuses on this page: https://www.abbywinters.com/error/bandwidthexceeded I won't bother. So, it boils down to this one:

If you see the "excessive downloads!" message, or you have been asked by the site administrators to view this page, you have cost us much more than your subscription, and we don't like you any more.
    Ice cold.

I haven't changed my downloading practices in ages, so I've probably incurred in some offense deemed to be extreme enough to have my account frozen. Frankly, I have no idea what that could be. I'm pretty boring to be fair. Gotta be honest, not a huge fan of being disliked for undisclosed reasons, but that's life I guess.

Anyhow, the reason I made a public thread this time is because I realized my last bit included in the tech page is not exactly "tech" and, since my account is frozen, I'll say it here:

I've been happy with AbbyWinters. It's a great site, it's been a pleasure to have been included in the Abby family, as small a contribution as a member can give, and it's been a fun ride overall. Thank you for your services and letting me be part of them. Luck to you all going into the future! Here's to AW for years to come.

Hey Tribby the tech support people will get back to you about this but I just wanted to clear up the WHY behind this particular message.

We love that you love our content - that is literally why we are all able to be here, without this final very important part of the chain, we wouldn't be able to do what we do and as I keep pointing out, what we all do is also something that we love.

The reason we flag up when someone has appeared to suddenly download a lot in one go, is that it can be a sign that they are not a person who is part of our community but a criminal trying to rip alot of material to post illegally elsewhere.

So we do like you, infact we more than like you but in this instance it seems something has gone wrong our end and has triggered our system without due cause.

I hope you understand - warmest love for all

Masie xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Tribby View Post
      I hate to make a second tech support thread in less than 4 months
      Please feel free to make tech-support threads whenever needed, that's what the forum is for. Account issues are usually better handled via mail, which you've send already so all should be ok soonish.

Do you feel that the 2.5Tb figure is correct, i.e. you have downloaded that amount yourself? I ask 'cos if it seems way to high to you, I'd recommend the logins-section on your Account tab and look for unexpected IP-adresses there (and if you find those, change your password).

Even if you've downloaded the highest quality video of all shoots, 2.5Tb would give you 1000+ shoots video to watch, at approx. 30 minutes each.. that's a LOT of time

Comment

Tribby's post has got me a bit worried, according to "my account" I have downloaded almost 800gb of video/pics from your site, I hope I don't get a message say that I have "exceeded my limit" although video file sizes have almost doubled since the introduction of your new camera's.

Comment

I think they probably allow for that sort of thing - don't hold back, especially with what I know we have lined up waiting to be released - literally fill your boots!!!!!

Comment

Having read this thread,I checked my account and was astonished to find that it shows almost 1800 GB downloaded! I know the size of videos has increased recently and that the 1800 GB equates to round 150 GB per month over the time I've been here,but how much is the download limit? Is it measured daily,weekly or per month? Or just when it seems suspicious?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
              Do you feel that the 2.5Tb figure is correct, i.e. you have downloaded that amount yourself? I ask 'cos if it seems way to high to you, I'd recommend the logins-section on your Account tab and look for unexpected IP-adresses there (and if you find those, change your password).
              It sounds about right considering the timespan and the HDD failure that prompted me to re-download a lot of material which is a pain with what is a relatively slow connection (but no data caps!) Thing is, and I don't mean any offense, if there's something fishy going on with my account, then not having AW is the least of my worries, considering that would mean someone else has either remote access to my PC or somehow acquired my login information. All of that is very unlikely, the IP addresses listed, per your suggestion, seem ok i.e. they're all the same one save for the times I've logged in using my phone. I'm hoping it's some site-specific error, otherwise not only does someone else have my CC and banking info, that someone else is going to be able to access Hania's upcoming solo shoot + all the GG fun, including Alina, Daria V & Ekaterina's threeway fun and I won't be able to! How dastardly!

Comment

Hey, guys! An update,

Having been with support on the e-mail side, it turns out there actually is a bandwidth limit - it's outdated, it seems, and meant for the people who'd download it in one go (or big chunks under suspicious circumstances), except the flag system for that also flags users who will arrive at the same point under reasonable download practices for most - so some users (like philchen on this thread) might get the same warning I did in the future, but still be able to download all the same. Thought you guys would like to know how it all turned out. Thanks for reading.

Comment

I do love a happy ending, especially with a certain much anticipated group shoot going live in 11 hours !

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X