Wolfie's Hangout Hut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
    Folks, come join me on a lesurely cruise across Clearwater Bay on a beautiful, New Year's Day of 2013. I shot this aboard a ferryboat that shuttles between the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Downtown Clearwater. I hope you enjoy.
    NICE!
    Great work wolfy, good job was very beautiful thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by edie View Post
      NICE!
      Great work wolfy, good job was very beautiful thanks for sharing
      Glad you liked, sweetie.

Comment

Well I figure since I've been a member of AW for quite some time now I'd better get to it and create my own thread here in our forums.

About me:

I'm in my early 50s

I'm a professional videographer plus a producer in TV and Radio Broadcasting.

I live in a great area of Florida, the Sunshine State. Been a Floridian for 30 years now.

I've not yet been married. Simply enjoying the single life but I am open to the possibilities of a meaningful relationship with someone very special.

I love many kinds of music, in fact I'm a bit of a musician as well.

I'm a former-smoker, I successfully quit smoking in 1993.

I'm a former drinker, though I drank quite heavily and on a regular basis in my younger, adult life, I managed to quit the alcohol for good in 2004. I'd have been dead by now had I not quit when I did. That alcohol will definitely getcha!

My favourite passtimes are visiting theme parks, the beach (we have some of the best beaches in the world here), shooting video, being handyman about the house, enjoying a great movie either at the theatre or here at home, shopping and of course post-producing great video.

I joined AW a few years ago and and I'm so glad I found the site. It is just the type of Adult entertainment I'd been looking for.

So folks, I hope you enjoy hanging about here with me.
        Hej Wolfie! Congrats on giving up bad vises!!! So happy for you! Florida sounds pretty cool but I prefer the Sunshine coast of Australia, less religious freaks here. About music, I have the best month ahead of me. Going to Soundwave in two weeks where Mettalica is head lining. A month after that Im going to Byron Bay Bluesfest. Check their website. Robert Plant and his band, Chris Isak and an amazing number of bands during five days!

Comment

Hey Steve....
          I'm also off to Soundwave.... Although I do like Metallica my main reason for going is A Perfect Circle and Garbage... But also very much looking forward to Linkin Park... The offspring... Paramore... Sum 41... & Polor Bear Club along with Metallica obviously.

Comment

That sounds like a helluva fun music event y'all are goin' to. Linkin Park is a favourite among the more recent bands in the Rock genre.

Meanwhile the Busch Gardens theme park in the Tampa Bay area is proud to be having a whole slew of great Rock & Roll groups in there this year. John Kay & Steppenwolf, Barenaked Ladies, Doobie Brothers and many others.

Also every once in awhile there is an outdoor concert in downtown of my hometown and last year I managed to catch Pablo Cruse there.

Comment

That sounds like a helluva fun music event y'all are goin' to. Linkin Park is a favourite among the more recent bands in the Rock genre.

Meanwhile the Busch Gardens theme park in the Tampa Bay area is proud to be having a whole slew of great Rock & Roll groups in there this year. John Kay & Steppenwolf, Barenaked Ladies, Doobie Brothers and many others.

Also every once in awhile there is an outdoor concert in downtown of my hometown and last year I managed to catch Pablo Cruse there.
              If I could afford, I would fly you over for Byron Bay Blues fest. Check their site. http://www.bluesfest.com.au/ Soooooo many awsome bands!

Comment

OK I'm all moved into the new house here. Just barely to the point now where I can start to feel a bit settled in though I've managed to accomplish quite a bit in all the moving process in just these past couple weeks.

Comment

My first successful finished project learning AfterEffects, a new software I recently started using.

Promo for TFNN. Produced using AfrerEffects.

Comment

Hi folks.

Just lettin' ya know that as my relationship with my fiance'e is getting more serious and the love between her & I gets stronger and stronger with each passing day, I might not be posting as often here in the AW forums, though I will still make an effort to pop into the forums once in awhile because I love all of you and I want to be able to keep in touch with y'all.

Comment

Hey Wolfie...all the best... and don't stay away for too long.

Comment

Oh I'll be around and lurking for quite awhile now.

Comment

Oh I'll be around and lurking for quite awhile now.
                          Wolfie !...you miss us already ! ....as per Sir Tom2c7777 quote ( bless his soul ) " Once Abby'd, there's no turning back "

Comment

In observance of Memorial Day I would like to pass along to you folks a poem that was written by one of my radio show hosts and recently presented on-air at TFNN. I hope you enjoy.

A Memorial Day Poem
                            By Bud Rolfs

So what will you do on Memorial Day?
                            Maybe go to the mall….if your wife has her way?
                            Maybe fill up the pool, so the kids get a thrill,
                            Or spend the day cooking on your barbecue grill.
                            You could go to a ballgame, or take in a movie,
                            How about sneaking a nap? Now that really sounds groovy.
                            Do whatever you want. It’s OK, don’t you see?
                            It’s OK, cause this country is the land of the free.
                            Thanks to long-ago courage at the twilight’s last gleaming,
                            It’s OK that you’re spending your weekend "daydreaming".
                            It was barefooted soldiers in the Valley Forge snow,
                            That gave you the freedom to choose where you’d go.
                            If Adams and Jefferson had not heard their calls,
                            Do you think you’d have ballgames, or movies, or malls?
                            If so many brave soldiers had not made their choices,
                            Could you still go to Fenway, and hear those fan voices?
                            And if no one had showed up to take Omaha Beach,
                            Would your old family Bible still be within reach?
                            Can you still see those firemen running toward the Twin Towers?
                            And their widows left only with memories and flowers?
                            See, for most of us sadly, each Memorial Day,
                            Is just time to party, not remember and pray
                            Prayers of thanks to those patriots who came long before us,
                            And who sing to us now from their Heavenly chorus.
                            It’s because of some choices THEY made centuries past,
                            That our country’s still great and our freedoms still last.
                            So perhaps at the beach, you’ll take time to remember,
                            A place called Pearl Harbor, on an ancient December,
                            Or you might take a moment when the ballgame is done,
                            To think of the courage it took at Bull Run.
                            See WHATEVER you do, it could never repay,
                            What so many have chosen on some long ago day.
                            When their service was needed, they gave their full measures,
                            To give you the freedom to choose your own pleasures.
                            So will YOU make any time for a Holiday spot,
                            To thank those who gave YOU all the freedoms you’ve got?
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            So what will YOU do on Memorial Day?
                            I think I’LL take time to give thanks and to pray.

Comment

Wow, wuffie, I've clearly been quite out of the loop! Nice to see you with a thread though, and learn a few fun facts. And it seems you're not lurking in too much of a lurk-shaped fashion, which is also nice.

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                                Wow, wuffie, I've clearly been quite out of the loop! Nice to see you with a thread though, and learn a few fun facts. And it seems you're not lurking in too much of a lurk-shaped fashion, which is also nice.
                                Well hey there, Immie. Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

Hi there Wolfie!

I have a question for you. I know that you work in the video production industry, so I wanted to ask you.....a friend of mine has a Canon camcorder that she intends to use to video a panel of people. To be able to hear each person speak, she would need for each person to have a microphone. What equipment would she need to be able to allow four people to each have their own microphone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
                                    Hi there Wolfie!

I have a question for you. I know that you work in the video production industry, so I wanted to ask you.....a friend of mine has a Canon camcorder that she intends to use to video a panel of people. To be able to hear each person speak, she would need for each person to have a microphone. What equipment would she need to be able to allow four people to each have their own microphone?
                                    It appears this unit has a two-channel, stereo mini jack for microphone in. That is a big plus as you'll plug your external source or external microphone into it. However one external mic will be insufficient to pick up each of the panel members evenly across the panel so I would suggest your friend invest in a microphone mixer that has a channel for each microphone she intends to set out for each panel member. In otherwords, a panel of four people, mic each one separately and go into a mixer that has at least four microphone channels. The mixer should have meters so your friend can keep close monitoring of the audio levels of the mics.

Then, and this is really important, she'll have to connect the output of the mixer to the microphone-in of the camera using special attenuating patchcords, one for left, one for right, and couple the two attenuating patchcords using a wye adapter that will combine two two-conductor, mono mini jacks into one three-conductor, stereo mini jack to go into the camera's mic input. The attenuating patchcords will effectively step down the line-level output of the board going to the camera's mic input, otherwise the output of the board would be much too high a level for that mic input and it would distort if she used just a regular patchcord. We're lookin' at a 'line-level vs. mic level' situation that the attenuating patchcords will remedy. Attenuating patchcords are readily available on E-Bay as well as some Radio Shack stores.

A suitable and inexpensive mixer and inexpensive yet fairly good-quality, dynamic microphones and XLR mic cables are available at most musical instrument stores. Sampson is one brand that comes to mind as they are great with entry-level mixing and micing gear suitable for many, semi-pro applications such as interviews and individual, panel member pickup.

I would also strongly suggest your friend invest in a good quality set of over-the-ear headphones, that way she will be able to listen and monitor the mix as the camera is rolling.

Once set up properly, this micing technique will give your friend the absolute best and clearest sound pickup of her panel members and she will most likely be very pleased with the results. Please let me know how this all turns out and of course if you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help.

Comment

Hi, folks

Me and my lady just got back from a little trip to Caladesi Island today and I thought I'd share with you all some photo snaps that we managed to get with my Canon T3 DSLR.

Caladesi is a secluded little island off the coast of Honeymoon Beach in Dunedin, Florida. Caladesi is Florida's beaches, as they were always meant to be, unspoiled and all-natural. The only way to get to Caladesi Island is by ferryboat.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Cam_6714.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	643946

We encountered some dolphins on the boat ride out to the island.

Name:	Cam_6716.jpg
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	643947

Name:	Cam_6719.jpg
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	643948

More to come

Comment

Much of Florida has been enduring an rather unusually wet and rainy Summer season this year. That is why the Caladesi Island recreational and cookout areas appear here to have been transformed into Florida Swampland.

Name:	Cam_6720.jpg
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	643949

Name:	Cam_6721.jpg
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	643950

Some sticky, very prickly things along one of the nature trails

Name:	Cam_6724.jpg
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	643951

Comment

This, folks, is Florida beaches, as Nature intended. Unspoiled, no hi-rise condos, motels, hotels or carnivals cutting into the skyline, and no city traffic noise to permeate the naturally wonderful and soothing sounds of the ocean waves that gently roll in to the shore.

Name:	Cam_6723.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	643952

Name:	Cam_6733.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	643953

This, folks, is how the beach oughtta be.

Name:	Cam_6735.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	643954

Comment

Let's have a look around our chosen spot on Caladesi...

Name:	Cam_6739.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	643955

When you wade into the water out there, do the 'Sting Ray Shuffle.' That is, to shuffle your feet as you wade, so as to alert the stingrays in the water that you are there with them so that they will have a chance to get out of your way as you wade.

Name:	Cam_6742.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	643956

Name:	Cam_6745.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	643957

Incidentally, the lady & I had also managed to have some rather naughty cam funs with each other while there on the island, Abbywinters-style, no less but unfortunately and in observance of the rules of the AW forums those I won't be able to share with you here- heh-heh
                                            Last edited by wolfgangbuster29; 14 July 2013, 11:53 PM. Reason: Add that about the 'Sting Ray Shuffle'

Comment

Cool pics Wolfie ( literally ) it's a steam bath here in my city. For someone who has lived in a big city all his life, the ocean/beach is paradise. If it was possible i would take daily strolls along the beach at sunrise and sunset.Is that your fiance in the blue skirt ?...have you both decided on that special day yet ?

Comment

It was only about 88°F that afternoon so it wasn't too terribly hot. Cant say who the lady is.

As for me and my fiancee,' we're taking things in our relationship one day at a time though the chemistry between us is phenomenally good and we're headed in that direction, without a doubt.

Hey in a couple weeks and weather permitting, she and I plan on a visit ot Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. That's the spot I was recently telling Pippa about that has the lorikeet aviary where guests can mingle with, pet and feed the lorikeets there. I see that Pippa loved the butterfly rooms she recently visited and by the photos she posted it looked like a lovely experience and that brought to my mind the lorikeets at Lowry.

Comment

Good stuff Wolfie...glad to hear things are going super good for you. Be sure to post pics when you visit the Zoo in Tampa.

Comment

Will do.

Hey Dekoda, How's that recording project your friend was asking about the micing coming along?

Comment

Awww Wolfie you make me so homesick! Those beaches look just like home. I did a quick Google search for comparison purposes. Maybe it's just the long, white expanses of sand, the little nature-reserves on the dunes or just the fact that it's a beach and I haven't seen one since Christmas last year.

Comment

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
                                                        Awww Wolfie you make me so homesick! Those beaches look just like home. I did a quick Google search for comparison purposes. Maybe it's just the long, white expanses of sand, the little nature-reserves on the dunes or just the fact that it's a beach and I haven't seen one since Christmas last year.
                                                        This sort of beach is rather rare in these parts, what with the many folks who insist on populating the beach areas with business venues and spoiling the natural wonder and beauty of the beach in the process. Well, Kylie, if you're ever in this area come on up with us.

Comment

Will do.

Hey Dekoda, How's that recording project your friend was asking about the micing coming along?
                                                          Hey there Wolf!

Well, she hasn't tried out the camcorder that I had sent to her yet, but she called me tonight and said that she was anxious to try it out when she got home. The thing is, her recordings will be interviews with a panel of people that she will be interviewing overseas,(Paris, The Netherlands, Ireland and England) so she needs to have equipment that is very portable. She doesn't have much money and she wanted to find a way to record the panel's discussion so that she could post it on the internet.(the panels are paying for her transportation and lodging, but not for her equipment). I was happy to send her a new camcorder, but I can't afford to send her any more equipment, so I suggested to her that maybe she should use a conference mike. This mike is in no way as good as what you suggested, but it's in her budget range, so I figured that this mike was better than just using the camcorder's mike. It won't sound as good as what you suggested, but at least she may be able to record what everyone is saying. If I could afford it, I'd send her the items that you recommended....as well as 4 wireless mikes, but I can't afford to do that, so she has to make do with what she can afford. I appreciate your input on this and if monies become available, I will see what I can do for her. She is a good friend and I want to help her out as much as I can. She had asked me for advice on the mike thing, and I wasn't familiar with this so I asked you to see what might be needed. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You are quite welcome, Dekoda.

That conference mic might suffice in this particular instance, given that this might be her first gig with these people and they have an understanding that she is just getting started with this. If they pay her well enough for this gig perhaps she might follow in my footsteps of success and parlay her earnings into gradually upgrading to the more advanced but still portable audio gear that will give her recordings more of a professional edge. In the meantime she might get by as a starter with that conference mic you suggested and add an extension cable so as to be able to reach the camcorder.

Comment

Searching up some classic Steadicam shots one afternoon recently I found this awesome clip. First it shows the amazing shot the cameraman got with his Steadicam rig and then they show you just how he managed to get that shot.

The most ridiculous steadicam shot and how they did it.At the Eurovision song contest 2009. Steadicam Operator: Karsten Jacobsen

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X