Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zip files/downloads do not work/not available for new shoots

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
    Zips are available, just hiding unfortunately.
    Looks like there is something wrong with the zip files for the shoot. I tried manually entering the link for the zip file (http://us-g3.abbywinters.com/content...loe_b_yale.zip) and the file does appear to be on the server. If I download the zip directly through my web browser the file is only 6MB and cannot be decompressed. I also tried downloading the zip using my download manager. In this case the file appears to be the correct size (131.9 MB), however the download speed is extremely slow and the file download stops and starts over part way through.

I also noticed when linking directly to the image files in the web browser something seems to be amiss. All of the file names have variables appended to the end of them (http://ppcdn01.abbywinters.com/conte...A&e=1352722112). If you try to link directly to the image as you normally would (http://ppcdn01.abbywinters.com/conte..._b_yale001.jpg) you get a 403 forbidden error.

Hope that information is helpful. No hurry, if you can post something here when the zip files have been corrected that would be great. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by trebor; 9 November 2012, 12:33 PM.

I've let the techies know. Thanks for the helpful info! Will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Looks like there is something wrong with the zip files for the shoot. I tried manually entering the link for the zip file (http://us-g3.abbywinters.com/content...loe_b_yale.zip) and the file does appear to be on the server. If I download the zip directly through my web browser the file is only 6MB and cannot be decompressed. I also tried downloading the zip using my download manager. In this case the file appears to be the correct size (131.9 MB), however the download speed is extremely slow and the file download stops and starts over part way through.
      Unfortunately ZIP files are not available for this shoot yet. There are issues with integrating how we deliver ZIP files with the new infrastructure we're using for our media. We're working on resolving the issue, and will re-enable ZIP file downloads as soon as we can.

I also noticed when linking directly to the image files in the web browser something seems to be amiss. All of the file names have variables appended to the end of them (http://ppcdn01.abbywinters.com/conte...A&e=1352722112). If you try to link directly to the image as you normally would (http://ppcdn01.abbywinters.com/conte..._b_yale001.jpg) you get a 403 forbidden error.
      Using URL's like you normally would have in the past will not work (as you've discovered), as we're not serving media from these servers in the same way as we have in the past.

Hope that information is helpful. No hurry, if you can post something here when the zip files have been corrected that would be great. Thanks for your help!
      For the nerd in us all;
      When you download ZIP files from the abbywinters.com servers, from our perspective you're really downloading a reference to the files in the related set - which our system collects and creates a ZIP file for you to download. To add this ability to the new systems, we've had to recreate that process in a slightly different way... Which is currently not working. So rather than output broken links to ZIP downloads that will not work, we've temporarily disabled them and are working at resolving the issue as soon as we can.

You can checkout Chloe B & Yale here; http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/chl.../images/stills while you're waiting for the ZIP's to become available again.

Apologies for the issues, and thanks for your (optimistically) anticipated patience

Comment

Thanks for the detailed response Gef! Good luck with implementing the new infrastructure, I imagine this must be a complicated project.

Comment

So I'm guessing that the Carian / Marleen video being put up in place of the Chloe B / Yale shoot is an extension of the bugs in the new system?

Comment

Originally posted by gef View Post
            Unfortunately ZIP files are not available for this shoot yet. There are issues with integrating how we deliver ZIP files with the new infrastructure we're using for our media. We're working on resolving the issue, and will re-enable ZIP file downloads as soon as we can.
            Hey,
            I hope I'm not being impatient but I'm wondering what's going on with the photos for the Chloe B/Yale series. It seems like it's been a week and there's still no option to download the set. Chloe B is awesome (I"m sure Yale is as well...) so I hope you can appreciate that my concern comes from being a big fan of hers. It appears that other shoots have been posted since then which can be downloaded as a set so I'm hoping there will be an update on this one soon. Pretty please with extra begging on it...? As a Thanksgiving gift to your American members...?

Comment

Originally posted by PackMcA View Post
              It appears that other shoots have been posted since then which can be downloaded as a set so I'm hoping there will be an update on this one soon.
              Hi, I don't the status of the current zip issue but I *can* clarify why some other shoots zipfiles work. Those shoots are in the old infrastructure, you can tell by the links to those zipfiles, they start with us-g or nl-g. The problems with zipfiles only occur with shoots in the new infra.

Comment

Is this a new habit to not have zip files to download. Chloe B & Yale, then the last backstage, and now the last editors choice.

For a company that has been in business for twelve years, it's hard to beleive that such a thing should happen and can't be fixed in proper time.

Comment

downloading files

This problem occurs for almost a week. speeds lower than 200kb rather than 1.5 MB /s as before.
                  Last edited by pbr1970; 18 November 2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbr1970 View Post
                    This problem occurs for almost a week. speeds lower than 200kb rather than 1.5 MB /s as before.
                    I have also noticed the really low speeds lately and I am used to getting 3-4 MB/s. Today though things seem to be back to normal in terms of download speed

Kylie, Frans,
                    Why don't you fall back to the old infrastructure for all shoots until you fix the problems with the new one?
                    The zip files not being available isn't the only problem after all, there is the issue of the new infrastructure not honoring our site preferences to download files via a left-click (at least we can workaround it by right-click and save-as)
                    The bugs with the new infrastructure over the past week or so are really starting to spoil my enjoyment of the site
                    Not to mention the 404 errors we keep getting every now and then when a shoot is published but not actually available (ie Aletta's IM shoot today)
                    Last edited by Jimothy; 18 November 2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimothy View Post
                      Originally posted by pbr1970 View Post
                      I have also noticed the really low speeds lately and I am used to getting 3-4 MB/s. Today though things seem to be back to normal in terms of download speed

Kylie, Frans,
                      Why don't you fall back to the old infrastructure for all shoots until you fix the problems with the new one?
                      The zip files not being available isn't the only problem after all, there is the issue of the new infrastructure not honoring our site preferences to download files via a left-click (at least we can workaround it by right-click and save-as)
                      The bugs with the new infrastructure over the past week or so are really starting to spoil my enjoyment of the site
                      Not to mention the 404 errors we keep getting every now and then when a shoot is published but not actually available (ie Aletta's IM shoot today)
                      I agree. I'm one of probably many longtime members who loves the site and the girls, yadda, yadda, yadda. But we are paying for access to the site and not being able to get the services we've come to expect is frustrating, especially when it's something simple like downloading a photo set.
                      Sorry to pile on, folks, but this has been a problem for, what, a week now?

Comment

Hey all; just an update- an 800 pound gorilla is thrashing about in our server rooms. We're not quite sure how it got there, how to get it out, or why it's so angry. Our web-dev guys are making a make-shift taser out of a toaster and a drill battery, hopefully that'll work.

Just letting you know that we are aware of the problem, and risking life and limb to wrestle it. I can't quite give you a timeframe as yet, it really comes down to the endurance of an enraged silverback gorilla, and how long it takes to hand-make a custom-rig taser. Dare I say 'soon'.

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Hey all; just an update- an 800 pound gorilla is thrashing about in our server rooms. We're not quite sure how it got there, how to get it out, or why it's so angry. Our web-dev guys are making a make-shift taser out of a toaster and a drill battery, hopefully that'll work.

Just letting you know that we are aware of the problem, and risking life and limb to wrestle it. I can't quite give you a timeframe as yet, it really comes down to the endurance of an enraged silverback gorilla, and how long it takes to hand-make a custom-rig taser. Dare I say 'soon'.

Thanks for your patience!
                          If it starts throwing barrels, you should probably jump over them or smash them with a big mallet! Here's hoping you get to a kill screen soon!

Thanks for the update.

Comment

THANKS a lot for the effort

Comment

I see little reason to pay for a site when i can't download any content.

Comment

I'm not sure why I'm being charged for a website when I can't view or download their new content, there is something seriously wrong with charging someone for a service and then not giving it to them, if their is a technical problem i think refunds should be offered.

Comment

I can't download this video: http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/chloe_b_yale
                                  If i will start, it show me the video online with the flash player. All the others are work perfect.

Comment

Someone needs to learn the difference between test, UAT and production.

Also the term backup.

Comment

Originally posted by froggytown View Post
                                      I can't download this video: http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/chloe_b_yale
                                      If i will start, it show me the video online with the flash player. All the others are work perfect.
                                      There are indeed issues with accessing content from some shoots. Will notify web-team to get those fixed.

Comment

Hi all,

Believe me, we get how frustrating this is- it's frustrating for us too. We're very sorry for the interruption. That said, let's put things into perspective here and not get carried away; less than 1% of the content on our site has been suffering from technical difficulties for a few days. Luckily, the problem is localised to just several most recently released shoots- the rest of our huge selection is working just fine. We're working furiously to sort this out as soon as possible; It'll be back to business as usual soon enough, and the glorious beauties will roll in like they always have.

Thanks for your patience with all this!

Comment

Looks to be resolved! Thanks for fixing the issue.

Comment

I concur, I've downloaded a couple of the new files that had problems over the weekend, and they are just fine.
                                            Team AW, thanks for getting this fixed relatively quickly!

Comment

Many, many thianks!

First, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the zip files are back. For the sake of the staff, I hope it's a true fix and not one of those things that will make the customers happy while the staff is still behind the scenes pulling their hair out trying to resolve it on a permanent basis!
                                              I also want to point out, on behalf of members of the site, that while there were people (I was one of them) who expressed concerns, I think it was only because A) people love the girls of Abby Winters and B) members are used to a well-run site and responsive customer service.
                                              If this was one of those badly run, fly-by-night sites run by a distant, indifferent staff, I'm sure members would have just shrugged and thought, "Well, it figures that this is what you get with Site X."
                                              So, yeah, you might have extra expectations thrust on you with being a staff member at Abby Winters but it's honestly a sign of respect and affection.

Comment

Originally posted by PackMcA View Post
                                                So, yeah, you might have extra expectations thrust on you with being a staff member at Abby Winters but it's honestly a sign of respect and affection.
                                                And thank you, PackMcA, that's a very nice way of putting it. And it's precisely that respect and affection from members that makes us want so much to go the extra mile to meet those expectations.

Comment

I'm still getting a 404 page not found when I try for the large zip file of Jorja after dark (posted 22 November). Is this the place to report it?

Comment

Originally posted by Screwloose View Post
                                                    I'm still getting a 404 page not found when I try for the large zip file of Jorja after dark (posted 22 November). Is this the place to report it?
                                                    Not exactly, as that is a different problem, but I'll forward it to customer-support anyway

Comment

Has there been a change to the compressed zip files we are downloading from AW recently?
                                                      most recent files that prompt my question are the files adela.zip, klara_2.zip, and T3_dahlia_nichole.zip

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                                        Has there been a change to the compressed zip files we are downloading from AW recently?
                                                        most recent files that prompt my question are the files adela.zip, klara_2.zip, and T3_dahlia_nichole.zip
                                                        Change in what, the filenames of the zip are the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                          Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                                          Change in what, the filenames of the zip are the pictures?
                                                          Hi Frans, I have an image viewer application that I have been using for quite a while because it is able to view images in zip files without unzipping. It views the individual images in sequence from the first image to the last. It's very handy, kind of like watching a slide show of the shoot. The same viewer application is not working with the three relative new files I listed. Yet it works fine with files that are just a little bit older like liz_c.zip or caramel_s_2.zip.
                                                          Just wondering if the encoding or archiving of the zips have changed? Maybe I need to upgrade my viewer?

Comment

The zipfile structure looks like a proper old pkzip file which any program can read. Could you try/test extracting the pics via another program and viewing the pictures in your viewer?
                                                            (does Windows itself open the zipfile correctly?)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X