Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DownThemALL: Temporary Error

Hey all

Since last night i get a strange error on some zip-files when trying to download them with DownThemAll. It starts, but immediatly cancels and says "Temporary Error". Even if i want to restart them, the error still occurs. There is enough space left on my disk, so i dont know what the problem might be... strange thing is that movie files and other zip work... any ideas?

thx

Do you queue downloads and wait before downloading them? I ask 'cos some download links can only be used within a few days.

Can you check if you get the same error if you attempt to download the same file via a browser at that time ?

Temporary error could be just that, a temporary server error. Does it still not work ?

Comment

well, so far i found out it mostly happens on zip-files with names like inge_imageset87 or holly_imageset667, so mostly when there is a "_imageset" in the name.
      i put the links in DownThemAll around 12 hours ago, have them queued, yes, because there are a few hundred downloads waiting to get donwloaded. i tried to restart/continue them several times but it didnt work.

i just tried to download it via browser with the example of "isabjenn_imageset246.zip". when it downloaded, the file had only a size of 6.8KB? so if you could try downloading this specific file at http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/isabella_jenny and tell me if it works for you that would be great.

thanks for the help

EDIT: when i simply left-click an that zip, i am forwarded to the error page http://us-g3.abbywinters.com/content..._imgset246.zip

Comment

Yeah I get the same errorpage, will ask HQ to get that fixed. Until it's fixed try downloading/viewing newer shoots.

Comment

great, so now i know its not only not working for me. but this doesnt happen only on that shoot. since yesterday, around 1/4 of the picture sets i tried to download failed because of this... seems to be more than just random appearing errors?

Comment

Originally posted by spamschluckspecht View Post
            EDIT: when i simply left-click an that zip, i am forwarded to the error page http://us-g3.abbywinters.com/content..._imgset246.zip
            Yes, if the downloaded file is that small it usually is the (text/html only) error page.

Comment

great, so now i know its not only not working for me. but this doesnt happen only on that shoot. since yesterday, around 1/4 of the picture sets i tried to download failed because of this... seems to be more than just random appearing errors?
              Yes, seems to affect older shoots. Notified HQ about that as well, they'll look into it.

Comment

great, thx

Comment

any news about what the problem is and when it will be fixed? thx

Comment

any news about what the problem is and when it will be fixed? thx
                    web-team is aware of the problem, but I don't know when exactly it will be fixed.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X