Poor Download Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Download Speed

Has AW changed the way to download video files?
    Let me explain what I mean.

Usually the links were http://nl-g2.abbywinters.com/content...ssavid1_HD.mp4
    Download speed for me (DSL 6000) is about 690 KB/s. That's fine. Downloads via US are fine also.

Now the links are http://ppcdn03.abbywinters.com/conte...A&e=1353409015
    Download speed is about 200 KB/s. That's awfull.

I don't understand what's going on.
    ZIP picture downloads are fine via US (690 KB/s), via NL very slow (200 KB/s).

AW is switching to a new content-delivery-system, but that shouldn't affect download-speed. ZIP downloads are not available via the new system so if you experience bad speeds on those it's the new/old cds which is the problem. Downloading that same file now, at about 500 kb/sec. Not max speed but weekend is prolly busy as-is.

If the download speeds remain low/bad for you please use the feedback page to get it looked into.

Comment

Frans, can you please inform the support. For me it's impossible to send a message.
      Feedback page and quickie feedback don't work. I klick the submit button and nothing happens. That's in Firefox and Chrome.
      Thanks.

By the way. Downloading video files by left klick doesn't work anymore. You now have to use right klick and save as.

Comment

Originally posted by netjay View Post
        Frans, can you please inform the support. For me it's impossible to send a message.
        Feedback page and quickie feedback don't work. I klick the submit button and nothing happens. That's in Firefox and Chrome.
        Oh, that is an old bug. They do in fact work but the submit button doesn't TELL you that. I'll nag webteam about fixing that.

Originally posted by netjay View Post
        By the way. Downloading video files by left klick doesn't work anymore. You now have to use right klick and save as.
        I know, have informed webteam about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          AW is switching to a new content-delivery-system. ZIP downloads are not available via the new system.
          You have GOT to be kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonP49 View Post
            Originally posted by Frans View Post
            AW is switching to a new content-delivery-system. ZIP downloads are not available via the new system.
            You have GOT to be kidding.
            I forgot to add 'yet' to the line. They WILL be available, at the moment they're not working though.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X