Pictures not Showing on forum/rebill issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures not Showing on forum/rebill issues

For the past few days pictures haven't been showing in the AW forums. Although I have already made mention of this in the form of a report of a site bug over on the AW Feedback page, still the problem of pictures not showing in Forums postings persists as still none of them are showing.

I have logged out and back in, still the pictures aren't showing although I do always login to the AW mainsite as well as the AW Forums.

Specify 'not showing', do you get a 'must be logged in' pic, a tiny box with red cross in it (if using IE), or just nothing?

Do you see the avatar pics (tiny pics models show with their posts) ?

Comment

Avatars are showing but the posted pictures all are replaced by one of these
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Error-pic-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	644326

I've been using Opera browser for years and only just a few days ago has this ever been a problem.

Once again and I assure you that I am logged into both the mainsite and the AW forums site and this is still happening.

Comment

That's what you usually get when you're not logged-in to the main site.
        Perhaps you could try logging off from main site and the forums and log-in again first at the main site.
        Don't forget to accept cookies from AW.

Lxm

Comment

Hi, Luxman.

As I had said earlier, I am logged into both the AW mainsite as well as in the AW Forums part of the site. That's how I always do and so far nothing has changed here in my setup, it's just that all-of-a-sudden none of the pictures being posted in the Forums are showing up and this just started happening a few days ago and it still is happening.

When I log in it's to the AW mainsite first and then the AW Forums and I have both sites up in separate tabs of one browser. No other browsers or applications running at time I log into AW.

Comment

Do you have cookies enabled, at least for AW?

Lxm

Comment

Wolfgang, you can login but your account access seems to be expired. If you are on a recurring sub it might be a creditcard billing issue, you could check by logging in to gmbill. Otherwise file a support ticket to get it sorted.

Comment

Evidentally there have been some more changes recently to the arrangement of the links to the different departments of the site up on the upper-right because I'm not seeing the link I usually saw up there that led me to my actual 'Account' page. I get redirected to some other, generic page that merely says I have to have an account but even then what would I do with that page since there's nothing on it that would effectively lead me to GMbill so I can place an inquiry. I'm caught in a catch-22 here and I'm spinning my wheels round-and-round. Not fun.

I did find the 're-join' page but now I see the monthly fee for membership is sagnifigantly higher if I joined as a new member but I don't justify the sharp increase in monthly membership and the other question is, why would I ever want to take the option to start out as a new member when I've been with the site for so long now?

Something here I'm missing or don't get so Frans & Luxman I do sincerely appreciate your help.

Where did the link to 'My Account' page go, and if one of the links on the upper-right is it, why does it redirect me to the dead-end?

Comment

GmBill lookup is here: https://www.gmbill.com/accounts/account-lookup.php (it is a separate site) MyAccount page does indeed not work for your account in its current status, this is a known issue.

If looking there does not fix your problem create a support ticket via http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support , neither me nor Luxman can help you with billing issues or pricing (customer support however can).

Comment

Thanks for that link,. Frans. It helped me get one step closer to finding the root of the problem and it appears that despite that my account was set for AW Solo with automatic rebilling activated my account has been erased from the GMbill database.

I've gone ahead and made an attempt to re-subscribe but it came back with some sort of strange error message that "Unfortunately, GMBill.com cannot process your credit card. This may be for a range of reasons, and it's difficult to know specifically why."

I wish there was a phone number I could call GMbill at but for the time being I can send them an E-mail via their page and let them know what happened and then wait.
                    Last edited by wolfgangbuster29; 3 October 2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Wolfgang, as a rule; when you have an issue with subscription/payment/membership, contact support before you do anything like re-join or newly join. Account Support can easily fix the problem much easier if you haven't re-joined already. So please wait for support reply before taking further action.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                        Wolfgang, as a rule; when you have an issue with subscription/payment/membership, contact support before you do anything like re-join or newly join. Account Support can easily fix the problem much easier if you haven't re-joined already. So please wait for support reply before taking further action.
                        Actually that was the very first step I took and since no response came in the time frame of a few days that's when I thought I would take the next step of asking someone to see whether it was a functionality issue with the Forums site, of which we have found out it is not.

With your help we have found out that it is an issue with GMbill so at least I'm thankful that everything else about the Abbywinters site seems to be functioning as it should.

Comment

I've been kind of 'left out in the cold' so to speak for several weeks now, in that all this time I have not been able to see any of the pictures being posted in these forums and anytime I access any of the model or shoots pages on the mainsite it says 'Page not found.' This has been going on for an awful long time and despite my having made numerous yet fruitless attempts to get my account straightened out with AW's main billing client and despite that I have successfully re-joined AW under my existing login and password using AW's alternate billing client, I still am experiencing access problems with the mainsite and pictures don't show in the forums.

I have already submitted trouble tickets to AW site admins and have gotten responses but not yet any solutions to this ongoing problem with my membership so I'm only saying here that, now and since I have re-activated my account things are still not working as they should.

I'm wondering if, somehow, AW's alternate billing client failed to see that I was submitting my order as a returning member. If that's the case then could perhaps the appropriate steps could be taken so as to have my most recent order which had to be thru AW's alternative billing client address my existing account? What went wrong in this transaction and why is it that despite that I have paid for membership I still am encountering access issues with the site?

Comment

wolfgang, the above is not something that is fixable on forum. Customer Service will be able to tell you what your current member-status is and possibly tell you if a card has been declined.
                            If you signed up as new member using alternative processor you must have gotten a mail telling you username and password, check spam-folders is present. Other then that, contact customer-support or continue contact via existing support-ticket until access is ok for you.

Comment

Hey Wolfgang. When signing up with CCBill, you'll have gotten an entirely new username. It looks like you're still logging in using your older (expired) gmbill username. I've sent you a more detailed email on how to proceed. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Hey Wolfgang. When signing up with CCBill, you'll have gotten an entirely new username. It looks like you're still logging in using your older (expired) gmbill username. I've sent you a more detailed email on how to proceed. Cheers.
                                Thanks, Brent.

But is there some way to convert the CCBill account to my Wolfgangbuster account so that I can keep my current username and status here in the Forums? If so that would be super-great.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                  But is there some way to convert the CCBill account to my Wolfgangbuster account so that I can keep my current username and status here in the Forums? If so that would be super-great.
                                  wolfgang, forum accounts and site-accounts don't have to be the same. The only requirement is that you must be logged in to the main AW site using *any* account before you can login to the forum. The account-names themselves can be different.

Comment

Thought I'd offer an update here since this account glitch has occurred again... I have indeed sent E-mails to Brent and via the AW Support page on the mainsite but so far haven't heard so much as a peep in response from that department so that's what brings me here today. My sincerest apologies to the mods if this post is out of place but with no recent response from site technical support in this matter I feel this might be the best next step.

This appears to be happening somewhere within the GMBill account handler. Once I reach the order confirmation page and I review the information pertaining to my order there, making sure that I have 'Auto Rebilling' checked and I hit 'Confirm order,' it goes to a page that says 'Please wait while your order is being processed,' then after several seconds it goes to a page that says that there was an error processing my order.

My card is fully functional, it works just fine with all other Online and off-line purchases so I don't understand why it isn't working for GMBill and I also don't understand how, before my account became deactivated in error again, the 'Auto rebilling' had become un-checked and my account was allowed to lapse.

Now, once I get the page from GMBill that says 'An error occurred' and I click the 'Contact Us' link it just takes me to a white page that has the GMBill logo up at the top and not much else. I've already gone through the 'Lookup Account' procedure on the GMBill site and alls they can tell me is that my account with AW has been erased. Not much else but a dead-end there.

I really would like to get this account situation back up and running as it should so Frans I would sincerely appreciate your help in the event you are discovering this post before the AW tech support team discovers it, and if necessary give the AW tech support team and perhaps GMBill if you can a heads-up that this error has occurred again so perhaps with some new light shed on the issue a solution can be found.

Thanks so much.

Comment

I would guess the 'auto rebilling' became deactivated because GMbill somehow couldn't use your card. There is very little I can do for you on billing matters. I will forward this to webdev to check the GMbill website.

How do you get to GmBill, do you attempt renew as existing member?

Comment

I would guess the 'auto rebilling' became deactivated because GMbill somehow couldn't use your card. There is very little I can do for you on billing matters. I will forward this to webdev to check the GMbill website.

How do you get to GmBill, do you attempt renew as existing member?
                                        Thanks, Frans.

That's right, I make an attempt to re-new under my current username & password. The renewal process then takes me through to the order confirmation page and it is when I receive the page with the error message that I notice the URL indicates that my browser is on the GMBill site.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Error1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	644581

Comment

Ah, looks like GmBill, for whatever reason, cannot process your chart. Did you try the 'alternate billing processor' ?

Comment

Ah, looks like GmBill, for whatever reason, cannot process your chart. Did you try the 'alternate billing processor' ?
                                            I tried that the last time this happened, which was a month or so ago, but they ended up giving me a new username & password (of which I found to be downright insulting by the way) and they were a bit more expensive.

I don't understand why GMBill is having so much trouble with my card since it has been functioning just fine with all other transactions everywhere else I go.

Well so far I've not yet received any response from AW Customer Support and tonight I made yet another, fruitless attempt to get my account re-activated through the sign-up process and I got the same error message. So far I've tried this on two different brands of browsers and on two different computers but so far to no avail.

Whatever is causing this is surely putting up a fight and it would surely be a relief to find out what the culprit of this is and it can be corrected so things can get back on-track hopefully sometime soon.

Again, Frans, I genuinely appreciate your help in this.

Comment

It clearly appears to be an issue with GMBill so I would like to call them on the phone if possible then perhaps I and them can have a closer look at that and hopefully come up with a solution. But I don't see a phone number contact anywhere on the GMBill site, so Frans, or anyone, would you happen to have on-hand GMBill's contact number and you can post it here?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't have phone-contact info for GMbill. Have you not heard anything about the tickets you've created or mails ?

Comment

Have not yet heard so much as a peep from anyone in response to those tickets. Neither from AW Tech Support nor GMBill Customer Service. I finally did get a very prompt response from Garion. That is, after I had sent him an E-mail several hours ago and he said that he would get in contact with Brent and let him know what's been going on.

Comment

Evidentally someone finally got the memo and my account is back in full-swing again. Thanks, Garion, for being so helpful and of course, thanks, Frans, for being so patient in all this, as this ordeal was a real test for my patience as well.

Comment

Good to hear it's working again wolfgang! You got a lot of catching up to do over christmas

Thank you a lot for your patience as well!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                      Working...
                                                      X