"No penis" setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No penis" setting

Happy to announce today we went live with a new small feature, a "no penis" setting (My Account, preferences, No penis).

If you set this to "hide penises", most of the shoots in which (real) penises appear will be disabled from your view. For example, they will not show up in searches, filters, when browsing, in the upcoming shoots panel, or in news raves.

However, they may show in some places: on the boards if posted about, in Behind the scenes widget on the news page, in backstage image-sets, in the Special message (tagging instructional videos) on the news page, and maybe a few other random places.

While it's not perfect, certainly the bulk of GB shoots will be filtered out, and should rarely, if ever be seen.

If you have this set to "no penis", and see some (other than the exceptions listed above), please let us know, so we can look into it.

Really cool!!!! Thanks!

Comment

Should this setting effect model pages? 'cos it doesn't

http://www.abbywinters.com/model/zena (other interesting bug there btw;-) or http://www.abbywinters.com/model/fenna for example.

Comment

Great feature, thanks for adding this! One potential bug I did notice is I am still seeing the Crystal S and Cole BG shoot in the upcoming shoots panel.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          Great feature, thanks for adding this! One potential bug I did notice is I am still seeing the Crystal S and Cole BG shoot in the upcoming shoots panel.
          Fixed now!

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post

http://www.abbywinters.com/model/zena (other interesting bug there btw;-) or http://www.abbywinters.com/model/fenna for example.
            Fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
              Fixed now.
              Wonders if the other interesting bug that Frans was referring to was that Zena's models page profile picture is actually a picture of "Shae Ann & Anika" ??

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                Wonders if the other interesting bug that Frans was referring to was that Zena's models page profile picture is actually a picture of "Shae Ann & Anika" ??
                It's the profile pic of her most recent released backstage set actually (prolly from the shoot you're refer to). Have nagged HQ about that some time ago, they'll get it fixed eventually Just amused me to see it again.

Comment

Is a penis that scary..how about just not looking at the girl-boy posts.

Comment

Noticed another small potential bug with this, the raves Crystal S boy-girl shoot are showing up in the news raves column.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                      It's the profile pic of her most recent released backstage set actually (prolly from the shoot you're refer to). Have nagged HQ about that some time ago, they'll get it fixed eventually Just amused me to see it again.
                      KYLIE !!!!!

Comment

hmmm...I don't see it! first of all, where is "my account"? up top I see: Wheeler1 My Profile Settings Log Out. where do I go?

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler1 View Post
                          hmmm...I don't see it! first of all, where is "my account"? up top I see: Wheeler1 My Profile Settings Log Out. where do I go?
                          To the main AW site: http://www.abbywinters.com/members then right-top, My Account drops down to Preferences and then set the options as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            Noticed another small potential bug with this, the raves Crystal S boy-girl shoot are showing up in the news raves column.
                            You mean the middle column ? Looks to be fixed now, can you confirm/deny?

Comment

ah! there we go. thanks

Comment

Why am I seeing the Cole and Crystal S shoot if everything is "fixed"?

Comment

Originally posted by pjsouth View Post
                                  That's is indeed strange, they were gone for a while but now it has returned. I'll ask HQ to look into that.

Comment

That's is indeed strange, they were gone for a while but now it has returned. I'll ask HQ to look into that.
                                    Thanks Frans! Noticed the same thing that you did, the shoot did go away briefly but it is back in the raves column now.

Comment

STILL not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

pj, can you please be more specific - where are you seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                          pj, can you please be more specific - where are you seeing this?
                                          With 'no penis' set he still sees Crystal S/Cole rave, as do I. Only affects mainpage raves and 'recent updates'. Specifically g/b shoots do NOT show on modelpages or in search (which is ok).

Comment

With 'no penis' set he still sees Crystal S/Cole rave, as do I. Only affects mainpage raves and 'recent updates'. Specifically g/b shoots do NOT show on modelpages or in search (which is ok).
                                            Yes, you are correct Frans

Comment

It's not working AGAIN! Now it shows stills of Alyssa and Marcos.

Comment

Really? It did hide them from me, which confuses the heck out of me 'cos I didn't realise I had the filter on. It did take some page refreshes to get the shoot to show though, so I wonder if the reverse is true as well.

Comment

Not that it bothers me, but i also have the " hide penis " option on and it is also showing on the front page.

Comment

How about making GB/Penis a separate paid for section of the site which we can opt out of and make (however small) a saving?

Comment

Originally posted by remigius View Post
                                                      How about making GB/Penis a separate paid for section of the site which we can opt out of and make (however small) a saving?
                                                      I like this idea... but from what I gather (I think Garion or someone at AWHQ mentioned it somewhere) there is not enough content at the moment or/and enough new releases to sustain it's own paid section.
                                                      What I would imagine (based on NO facts) that it would be deemed that what we are currently getting in the G/B section is additional to the 3 paid sites (along with the editors choice/mystery shoots, podcast & Girls 101) thus no discount would be given if it did split.

I think the "No penis" setting is a very nice compromise. I do wish though that we wouldn't get the "genitalia" Preview pictures on the main page or/and on the forums... Yes, I'm on this subject again... This is for both male and female, although it seems that it has improved in the solo shoots over the last little while (excluding Dani L latest. But the G/B advert/preview pics seem to be the worst...
                                                      Alyssa & Marcos
                                                      Aletta & Harold
                                                      Saskia & Leon
                                                      Karlijn & Paul (Extreme example)
                                                      Renae & Ben

Looks like the upcoming Sasha R & Ollie R is going to join the extreme example.

When it could be done more like these....
                                                      Eliza & Sebastien
                                                      Fenna & Svenno

Much more passionate and loving... In my opinion, excluding these two and Maya C & Andy's plus Gina J & Steve's shoots I don't think the "males" face is shown in any others... Objectifies them slightly.
                                                      Ok... rant over.... Now where are the girls

Pinky

Comment

Its not working AGAIN!

Comment

Its not working AGAIN!
                                                          Asked HQ to look into it, using the feedback pages is prolly better for such issues btw.

Comment

Thanks Frans, and yes I will use the feedback thingy next time. It seems very likely that there will be a next time!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X