No announcement yet.

The Althea Files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sleeping troubles; try to stay OUT/away from bed until you really want to go to sleep. You started on rather aggresive medication last week, it will take your body a while to recover even after the infection is gone. You could phone the doctor if you think to many symptoms remain. Easy to do, why wait a week? Try to get into a schedule of getting out of bed in the morning, that way you are somewhat prepared should you get a call from a company for job-interview at 09:00am sharp

Reception is a good job to start at. No need to sell stuff to people there, and you get to interact more directly with them as well. Huge plus is that they know you already, assuming you left on good terms of course

Have fun with Julietta tomorrow!

Comment

hello darling, I'm sorry I havent been too active in your thread lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, but a positive attitude will help get you through it and if theres anything I can do for you, you know how to contact me...so just ask!!

I just realised, that you probably worked with my brothers girlfriend at that job you just left....maybe...small world.
      keep your chin up and stay beautiful...I beleive you'll pull through. I have faith in you!!!

lots of love, cleo xoxoxoxox

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        hello darling, I'm sorry I havent been too active in your thread lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, but a positive attitude will help get you through it and if theres anything I can do for you, you know how to contact me...so just ask!!

I just realised, that you probably worked with my brothers girlfriend at that job you just left....maybe...small world.
        keep your chin up and stay beautiful...I beleive you'll pull through. I have faith in you!!!

lots of love, cleo xoxoxoxox
        thanks babe you are a gem!!!

Comment

Today has been a struggle to get out of bed folks. My insomnia is so bad and Ive got hunger pangs. I need to go investigate what is n the cupboard i can turn into food Ive been really sleepy and a little crampy and headachy today. so ive been trying to not exert myself much at all. I was going to watch Pan's Labrynth but I don't think I have the concentration levels required at the moment. SO I think I might bath and blowdry bowie. Then write some letters, more job seeking & watch some movies a little less brain intensive. Im sure something with zombies or vampires will do.
          And maybe a nice warm shower will make me feel better too.

Comment

First night in forever ive been able to go to bed early and actually sleep but no i wake up at 3am and now i cannot for the life of me get back to sleep so i took the opportunity to sneak a pic of bowie while he's too sleepy to run ahahha

I gave him a haircut but it doesnt look much different. I swear his hair grows back every hour haha

Here's a video of him. Now he's too hyper to go to sleep!
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Althea; 27 May 2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I haven't felt as sick as you do in a long while. I say you should probably take a nice hot long bath...watch some movies... good thing you have a little friend to comfort you.

get well

Comment

Originally posted by Althea View Post
                First night in forever ive been able to go to bed early and actually sleep but now i wake up at 3am
                Takes some days to settle into a new rhytm. The sleep/energy/food stuff will prolly fix itself over time. Esp. once the medication is finished, that stuff is good against bacteria but likely not very selective. Gets you tired, which is why you should ideally rest for a week at least and preferably 10 days when being truly sick (yep, you qualify). Strugling forward in some ways can hinder speedy recovery, but your doc can lecture you about that

So Bowie likes being on TV huh? His haircut doesn't look to bad to me, then again that might not be saying much Have a relaxing day and much tonight!

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention I got a letter from Jilly the other day She's as sweet as ever. Luv that girl!

Comment

I have a bellyache and im all itchy boooo. My housemate is in lockdown in his room cause he has a huge coldsore so he refuses to leave his bedroom! ahha. so im bored as. Maybe i should try and watch Pans Labrynth..but i just dont think my concentration is up just yet. Ohhh but new episodes of HOUSE are on tonight. I love that show. Its the best. I need a real-life HOUSE to fix my body. We just got the gas bill today too. Sucks. bills suck. Gas & electricity should be free or a hell of a lot cheaper. Especially with everything getting higher and higher in cost. It's becoming ridiculous. I go to the supermarket and come home with one shopping bag and its like 30 bucks down the drain. Its retarded. I think I'm going to make mexican bean burritos cause i know i have the stuff to make that in the cupboard. I havent left the house barely at all except to run to the letterbox and back. It's raining and horrible here too and so icy. Bowie has been sleeping under the doona with me lately which is what hes done ever since he was a baby when he gets cold. He's so adorable. Glad you guys enjoyed the video. Spoke to my dad last night and had a little cry, I hate telling him whats going on cause I know he's poor and has his current family to look after. He gave me fifity bucks last week and it was his last, it breaks my heart. When I worked at abbywinters almost 50% of my wage went to my father. I supported him for majority of the time I was at aw. But he looked after me when i was a kid and teenager. Just sucks that my mum took him for every cent when they divorced all he got was his car. I guess when it comes to relationships especially marriage one side always has to be the ass.
                    Well enough ramble more action. I need to go make food cause now im starving I didnt have anything yesterday so my body will be hating me. And ill take some pics for the boards later too.

Comment

as promised!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, more great pics!

Althea, do your change around your photos and posters on the walls as your tastes or favorites change You don't have a square centimeter that is not covered with art or a picture.

Tell Bowie I said he was a hyper little cutie.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                          Oh, more great pics!

Althea, do your change around your photos and posters on the walls as your tastes or favorites change You don't have a square centimeter that is not covered with art or a picture.

Tell Bowie I said he was a hyper little cutie.
                          I love to be surrounded by visual stimuli. I move things around every now and then especially when I get new stuff from magazines etc. I just put a huge iggy pop poster from The Stooges days up and ive got some kat von d pics to find a home for. As well as some Mark Ryden paintings i found in an old art magazine. I also put photos, cards, letters, notes that have sentimental value up on the walls closest to me to remember the good things.

Comment

hey gorgeous!!! I hate the way bills come in just when you dont need them!! I've had 2 debt collectors call me in like 2 weeks and i'm living off $100 allowance a fornight from my mum.

had to get my mum to transfer some money out of my savings that I'm not supposed to touch and borrow $70 off my best friend, just to stop myself from being taken to court. Luckily my boyfriend gave me some money for petrol too...

thats this fortnights payments...I dont know what I'll do next fortnight... Do u have to pay much tax??? coz thats what I've been looking forward to, tax time usually get a pretty good refund but i dunno how it works for older people

I know I was working at my old job when you left aw...so you must have worked there for some of this financial year yes?

I already owe my mum a bunch of my tax return...hahah...spending the money before i get it.

Try really hard to stay happy cuddle bowie and stay out of the rain and cold. You're a bit lucky u dont have to go anywhere in this weather...I've been having doona-days that I shouldnt be this week...so much uni work to do.

you know where to find me if you need to chat or wanna catch up.
                            stay sexy xoxoxoxo

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              hey gorgeous!!! I hate the way bills come in just when you dont need them!! I've had 2 debt collectors call me in like 2 weeks and i'm living off $100 allowance a fornight from my mum.

had to get my mum to transfer some money out of my savings that I'm not supposed to touch and borrow $70 off my best friend, just to stop myself from being taken to court. Luckily my boyfriend gave me some money for petrol too...

thats this fortnights payments...I dont know what I'll do next fortnight... Do u have to pay much tax??? coz thats what I've been looking forward to, tax time usually get a pretty good refund but i dunno how it works for older people

I know I was working at my old job when you left aw...so you must have worked there for some of this financial year yes?

I already owe my mum a bunch of my tax return...hahah...spending the money before i get it.

Try really hard to stay happy cuddle bowie and stay out of the rain and cold. You're a bit lucky u dont have to go anywhere in this weather...I've been having doona-days that I shouldnt be this week...so much uni work to do.

you know where to find me if you need to chat or wanna catch up.
                              stay sexy xoxoxoxo
                              yeh i was working at aw in that financial year so im reallllllllly hoping i get tax back ! lord knows i need it!

Comment

Those are really sexy pics Althea and still no bush. I know I know I'm a looser.

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
                                  Those are really sexy pics Althea and still no bush. I know I know I'm a looser.
                                  One day i'll draw one on with texta ahaha

Comment

One day i'll draw one on with texta ahaha
                                    Great comeback, Beautiful Althea. Awesome pictures, I think you look great!

Comment

Im super excited and awake! I cant sleep! Tomorrow Julietta & I are going to see my favourite band The Donnas in concert. I bought the tickets months ago the day they went on sale. I love them so much. This will mark the third or fourth time I've seen them live. Their new album is super cock rock its going to be so cool. Definately get photos of us in our cock rock outfits. I've met them twice and I have a load of photos and signed stuff from them. But Im taking Julietta to the private meet & greet with them before the show which will be so good and exciting!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you're up for a night of fun Althea!

Comment

Im super excited and awake! I cant sleep! Tomorrow Julietta & I are going to see my favourite band The Donnas in concert. I bought the tickets months ago the day they went on sale. I love them so much. This will mark the third or fourth time I've seen them live. Their new album is super cock rock its going to be so cool. Definately get photos of us in our cock rock outfits. I've met them twice and I have a load of photos and signed stuff from them. But Im taking Julietta to the private meet & greet with them before the show which will be so good and exciting!
                                          Excellent news Althea. Can you tell Alison (the guitarist) that she's still really sexy but that she'd suit much better going back to brunette. I think Tori is doing enough for the blondes.

Enjoy it, can't wait for your gossip from the gig.

Loved the new youtube but at the same time I do hope you get some good sleep oh lovely Althea.

Take care,

SF

Comment

as promised!
                                            Beautiful photos

Comment

First night in forever ive been able to go to bed early and actually sleep but no i wake up at 3am and now i cannot for the life of me get back to sleep so i took the opportunity to sneak a pic of bowie while he's too sleepy to run ahahha

I gave him a haircut but it doesnt look much different. I swear his hair grows back every hour haha

Here's a video of him. Now he's too hyper to go to sleep!
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhCy8TUB5ak
                                              Soooooo cute with his little red hoodie on!!! Hope he's feeling better, and you too Althea.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatyfox View Post
                                                Excellent news Althea. Can you tell Alison (the guitarist) that she's still really sexy but that she'd suit much better going back to brunette. I think Tori is doing enough for the blondes.

Enjoy it, can't wait for your gossip from the gig.

Loved the new youtube but at the same time I do hope you get some good sleep oh lovely Althea.

Take care,

SF
                                                I cannot wait! Im bouncing off the walls!! unfortunately Julietta had to pull out last minute but shes okay so my friend whos reviewing the show will be there with me, laughing at me dance! !haha

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbrody View Post
                                                  Beautiful photos
                                                  thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                                                    Soooooo cute with his little red hoodie on!!! Hope he's feeling better, and you too Althea.
                                                    He's being a big baby brat. I have to attack him with a bath today. mwahahha!

Comment

Insomnia & a little fun go along way! haha
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

wow, sexy Althea... Congrats on over 2000 replys to this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreammaker182 View Post
                                                          wow, sexy Althea... Congrats on over 2000 replys to this thread!
                                                          wow 2000!

Comment

I wrote this amazing journal then I just lost it so here goes again. First off a big thankyou to all members, godsgirls, lurkers who msged or commented me on GG or myspace with words of support and encouragement in regards to my health. It meant alot. Especially in these tough and lonely times. Im very confused and up and down. It's been difficult to maintain a positive attitude and keep my head above water. I find myself staring into space only discover tears rolling down my cheeks. Its horrible to be told bad news that you have no control over. The ball is not in my court and that worries me. I am defiantely becoming more and more discouraged with each passing day but Im lucky ive had two friends close by to talk to. But im finding that im withdrawing alot and I just dont feel like being around people so much. Its a weird feeling to feel so isolated and alone and so completely misunderstood.
                                                            I wish in so few words I could explain how extremely difficult and painful it is to be at times. My mind ticks over, I never stop thinking, never stop feeling, I take the weight of everyones problems on my shoulders. Then add mine and Im suprised Im not buried in the sand already. Sometimes I walk into this world with a face of sheer defiance and other days Id sooner walk into oncoming traffic.

I've had a horrible week. Work doesnt look good. But i will be receiving the dole they have exempted me from job seeking till November due to disability which will be reviewed after November. So at least I know I will have some income coming in fortnightly. But living just on/below the poverty line is not an aspiration of mine. But at least this gives me breathing space to look for a part-time casual job thats more suited to fit with my current health strains until im back up and on my feet. My friend gave me a short shift selling band merch last night which was good for a little cash. And ill be working the door list next week for Mix Master Mike (Beastie Boys) so thats 60/70 bucks cash.

But my horrible week starting to take a good turn when thursday hit. I had a ticket to the Donna's Concert. One of my favourite bands, Ive never missed a show. I ended up having to go alone but my friend turned up cause she was reviewing it so that was good. I walked and a little overwhelmed by people and i didnt see a soul I knew. Then I saw a gorgeous, smiling bubbly face waving, it was the lovely Torry, the drummer from The Donnas. Ive spent a bit of time over the years hangin with her and shes just awesome and puts an instant smile on anyones face.

After the show me and shannon went and had some free cocktais at the club my friend walks out. Seriously the best drink ever but man at 16 bucks a pop they'd want to be!! Glad i wasnt paying. I then parted ways with Shannon and headed over to catch up with my american mate Mo who was over with The Dropkick Murphys so i took advantage of their amazing penthouse suite and kingsized super beds to harbour my drunken stupor (I havent been out or drinking in months).

I spent the rest of the day following in bed and resting fr that shift at the club doing merch where there was a rife rumour that Henery Rollins was in the building but alas I did not see any evidence. I've been spending alot of time alone in my room with bowie. I feel quite isolated but at the same time I dont feel really comfortable around people much right now.

Today was exhausting and Im glad its the weekend and I can sleep and finally get some rest. Unfortunately, symptoms have resurfaced meaning the treatment I had didnt work . I was suposed to go back in two weeks for a biopsy to see what stage my cervix is at but its been only a week and I have the two treatments and now a week later , the pain and all symptoms are back. this isn't good as it means things are a lot worse than first intended. Hopefully another course of those deadly antibiotics can knock it down this time but if not then more tests and possibly a camera to see the extent of the damage. Day by Day. I can't let this bog me down. I've been through hell and back and I refuse to let life beat me down again.

I ended the week by getting a tattoo on my forearm. Whilst working at the call centre job i was putting away money for this tattoo which was being custom drawn just for me. Originally I thought it best to cancel as my financial situation isnt too sound but in the end I felt so cheated and decided i deserved something good especially with all the current going ons. I wont be getting tattoos or luxuries etc for a very long time now. So I went ahead and got it done. Ironically everytime I have had a tattoo done it has been at a pivotal moment in my life this one turned out to be such tattoo without forethought. I love it.

Hopefully this next week holds some positivity and things start to feel a little less overwhelming. Thankyou again to everyone, each and every one of you that contacted me by whatever means. You really do not know how nice it was to come online and be bewildered by so many comments & msgs of thoughts, concern and support. You really all are amazing people.

xxx

Attached Files

Comment

Photos cont... New Tattoo
                                                              Attached Files

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X