To send Ray Lewis out the champion he is...so very special
    So many great heart felt stories
    Joe Flacco, who is no average joe
    Ed Reed & his brother
    Torrey Smith & his brother
    Coach John Harbaugh & the Harbaugh Bowl
    Ray Lewis & the bad injury & the last ride
    All the veterans Boldin, Suggs, Ngata, Rice & so much more
    I was so happy & emotionally overjoyed for them all.
    There is always nice stories surrounding championship teams but this was something so much more bigger than that!

Sorry for going on guys...haha...most of you probably have zero to no interest at all but this was just so special & awesome! Had to share some thoughts with my AW family

Love Edie
    xoxox
    Attached Files

It was indeed an exciting game and I'm thrilled the Ravens managed to take the game and win the trophy. What an honor that is to win the Super Bowl!

How 'bout that power outage in the stadium though? What's your take on that and among the commercials that ran during the Super Bowl broadcast, which of those was your fave?

Comment

Hey Edie...

Totally agree with your summary of the Super Bowl.... The "Ray Lewis" factor was the main reason I wanted the Ravens to win... He was the decider when it came to the vote... I have always been a fan of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin... Vs Randy Moss and my like for many of the 49er players of the 90's...

But Ray Lewis is something special... an Icon of the game and a legend

I was at an International Rugby game (Yes Edie the real Rugby... Union) last year when the stadium lights went out... Took 15 mins to come back to full power and the game could continue... Was very airy atmosphere being in a full stadium with only the lighting from the advertising banners and corporate boxes... But as far as the Super Bowl was concerned... It did seem to spark a momentum change towards the 49ers... But not sure if that would not happened anyway after half time (excluding the Kick off TD return). The 49ers offense always looked like it could kick into gear any minute... Plus half time adjustments... Often change a game... The Falcons game 2 weeks earlier as an example. I did wonder what would have happened if the lights had gone out in the middle of the TD kick off return... I gather the referee would have blown the play dead as soon as the lights went out... But not totally sure and what if he was already in open field??

No Super Bowl adverts down under Wolfie.... We get the Super Bowl via a special ESPN feed... I gather I the same was for Edie as when get the same feed as Aussie... Unless she has friends with a satellite dish...

Just my thoughts to add to Edie's and Wolfs comments...

Pinky

Comment

I'm also glad the Ravens won....for the same reasons that everyone mentioned. Also, I'm originally from Baltimore, so they are my home town team. As for the lights going out, it just seemed convenient that they went out when the Ravens had so much momentum going. When you have a stadium of that magnitude, hosting a game of that magnitude, there is no excuse for something like that happening. Everything should have been tested and retested and retested....just to make sure. I'll bet it will be a long time before that stadium will be allowed to host another Super Bowl....if they're ever allowed to host another one.

Also, if there was a play underway when the lights went out, I think that the play would have been allowed to continue. It wasn't as if all of the lights went out, it was just one side. If you noticed, when the cameras would show the entire field, it didn't look like anything was wrong, just that it wasn't as bright as it should be, but you could still see okay if you were on the field. The reason that the game was delayed for so long is because the 49ers had no electronic communication with their coaches and observers in the skyboxes, plus their printers were down preventing them from printing out shots of the game to help them decide on strategy.(if you ever watch the sidelines, you'll see the coaches and players looking at photos of the last few plays to see what went right or wrong. These photos are printed out with their printers.)

As for the commercials, well, I recorded the game on my DVR and watched it the next day.(I had been up all night Saturday night and knew I'd fall asleep before the game started.) Doing this I was able to fast forward through the commercials and just watch the game. I didn't see one commercial so I have no idea what they were about.

I still have the game on my DVR so I might just copy it to a DVD so that I'll always have it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
          It was indeed an exciting game and I'm thrilled the Ravens managed to take the game and win the trophy. What an honor that is to win the Super Bowl!

How 'bout that power outage in the stadium though? What's your take on that and among the commercials that ran during the Super Bowl broadcast, which of those was your fave?
          Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
          No Super Bowl adverts down under Wolfie.... We get the Super Bowl via a special ESPN feed... I gather I the same was for Edie as when get the same feed as Aussie... Unless she has friends with a satellite dish...
          Pinky
          The power outage was a huge conspiracy it was about to get very embarrassing for 49ers & there go to play as they discussed at half time was for steve the equipment manager stand by his headset outside the stadium & wait for the call to pull the plug! Damn near worked to! Halted the purple tsunami! But like Ray said "no weapon formed against us shall prosper"

The ads, ah well pinky my friend I have a subscription to NFL league pass plug the laptop via HDMI cable into my home theatre & you have HD pic & sound its like being at the game league pass has the NFL network channel on it 24/7 365 days a year everything NFL, every game live, docos, I even watched the Ravens parade live through baltimore the other day, every event NFL related & all programming as it is in US (ads & all) there were some pretty funny ones during the year aswell.
          But Wolfy to answer your questions, I have 3 I really really liked, the Montana stain, the white guy in the office who talks jamican rasta mon, & the old folks partying.

Go Ravens
          Edie

Comment

Hey Edie...

Totally agree with your summary of the Super Bowl.... The "Ray Lewis" factor was the main reason I wanted the Ravens to win... He was the decider when it came to the vote... I have always been a fan of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin...
            Pinky
            Well thank you my sweet pink friend
            Yes Ray is special, they said today they're going to put his statue out the front of the stadium, pretty cool & well deserved.
            Ed, well he is a fan fav for sure & I love him, don't suppose you got to see any snipits of the parade on ESPN? He was a classic

Edie

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
              I'm also glad the Ravens won....for the same reasons that everyone mentioned. Also, I'm originally from Baltimore, so they are my home town team.
              Hi babe,

Thats awesome! How cool is that... you are from Baltimore...what are the chances another person on here goes for the Ravens & is from Baltimore originally as well! Unbelievable

Did you ever get down to Mothers Bar and Grill in federal Hill?

We have some American friends who are from Baltimore & have season tix to the Ravens, letting us use them when we go over there...cant wait!

Anyway stay in touch babe

Edie
              Last edited by edie; 8 February 2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

among the commercials that ran during the Super Bowl broadcast, which of those was your fave?
                I have 3 I really really liked, the Montana stain, the white guy in the office who talks jamican rasta mon, & the old folks partying.

How about you Wolfy? What were your faves?

Comment

Originally posted by edie View Post
                  Did you ever get down to Mothers Bar and Grill in federal Hill?

Edie
                  I'm not sure if I've ever been to Mothers Bar and Grill. It's possible I've been there as a friend of mine and myself took off one Friday and went bar hopping in Federal Hill. We hit a number of bars but I don't recall which ones they were. Of course, when you're in Federal Hill and you're that close to the Inner Harbor, you've got to stop down there and enjoy the carnival like atmosphere.
                  Last edited by Dekoda; 8 February 2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Well im from Australia and dont quite understand the American footy code but to me it appears as though 1 person runs away from everyone else then they all fall over and have a kiss and cuddle...... sorry for my lack of understanding if this is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                      Well im from Australia and dont quite understand the American footy code but to me it appears as though 1 person runs away from everyone else then they all fall over and have a kiss and cuddle...... sorry for my lack of understanding if this is not right.
                      Isn't that just like a normal Friday night in Tasmania??? haha... sorry... no offense was intended...

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                        It's funny but that's how I feel about soccer. A guy from team "A" kicks the ball down toward team "B"s goal only to have a team "B" guy steal the ball and kick it toward team "A"s goal only to have it stolen by a Team "A" guy and kick it toward team "B"s goal only to have it stolen.....this goes on forever and when I finally wake up, the score is still 0-0 and they are still kicking the ball with no results....and this is a sport?

Comment

Some victory pics of me
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some victory pics of me
                            Whoops I lost my pants...I got that excited
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some victory pics of me
                              My best Ray Lewis dance impersonation
                              Attached Files

Comment

Whoops I lost my pants...I got that excited

and I think you also lost large parts of your panties... haha

Excellent... Edie.... Thanks so much...

Pinky

Comment

Great victory dance, Edie.

Heh-heh- fallin' out your knickers, eh, sweetie? Makes the victory dance that much more exciting. Super Bowl needs you to perform on the Halftime Show!

Comment

and I think you also lost large parts of your panties... haha

Excellent... Edie.... Thanks so much...

Pinky
                                    Bugger....I didnt realise I lost that much
                                    Do you think its too revealing?

Comment

Great victory dance, Edie.

Heh-heh- fallin' out your knickers, eh, sweetie? Makes the victory dance that much more exciting. Super Bowl needs you to perform on the Halftime Show!
                                      Thank you wolfy, exactly what I was thinking
                                      It would definitely top Janet Jacksons SB halftime "wardrobe malfunction"

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X