Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatspin View Post
    [ATTACH]22305[/ATTACH]
    The most popular variety of snake in Australia, often to be found at AWHQ.

Hehe, When i see them in shops I drift into a dreamy reverie

Do they still have snakes at AWHQ ? I think I read on one thread that it was now M&M's and fruit.

tom

Comment

...I still haven't told my parents. They've seen about 3 years, odd hours, interesting stories, last minute lingerie shopping and a trip to Vegas but I still haven't told them.

I don't lie. I omit. I talk freely and as openly about everything in my day - just leaving out the "by the way, the model was nude" bit....

I admit it skates very close to the edge. My parents are smart and on some level I do think they know. Neither have questioned. Denial perhaps?

and regarding snakes "The most popular variety of snake in Australia, often to be found at AWHQ. " - Not any more!! The lolly jar has been replaced with a fruit bowl. <grumble>

Comment

Originally posted by sue-ann View Post
        ...I still haven't told my parents. They've seen about 3 years, odd hours, interesting stories, last minute lingerie shopping and a trip to Vegas but I still haven't told them.

I don't lie. I omit. I talk freely and as openly about everything in my day - just leaving out the "by the way, the model was nude" bit....

I admit it skates very close to the edge. My parents are smart and on some level I do think they know. Neither have questioned. Denial perhaps?

and regarding snakes "The most popular variety of snake in Australia, often to be found at AWHQ. " - Not any more!! The lolly jar has been replaced with a fruit bowl. <grumble>
        Hmm perhaps or maybe more like avoidance just as you are truthful albeit with omissions they are with questions, not denying things more akin to letting sleeping dogs lie.

tom

Comment

I've recently started bloggin about my sexuality and it has been a challenge to discern where the line is. To date, I've tried to be tasteful but also honest about my opinions, including the ways that I objectify women for pleasure. But how do you say that publicly when your mother can read it?

I've done it anyway, but not drawn her attention to it (most blogs would be published to facebook where she'd be more likely to see them). She may find it anyway and choose to read it. I think in the end I don't have anything to apologize for. If she decides to bring it up, it probably won't be a comfortable conversation I'm sure.

I raised that issue and more in this thread. The Internet is going to change how we relate to each other as parents and children. Sexting is already doing that since some parents are having to deal with their children being prosecuted for consensual "crimes".

So this is to say to the models that I'm willing to stand with you in a way, and declare your rights as my rights and not be ashamed of them.

Also, everyone should check out Radical Honesty. More on that later, but it's cool stuff.
          Last edited by oroboros; 19 November 2009, 08:15 AM. Reason: no links to personal web sites or blogs, please... Sorry - read rules and missed that.

Comment

<sigh> But thanks for letting us know. Next thing you'll be telling us there's no more M**** F******* bottled water at AWHQ!
            Last edited by flatspin; 19 November 2009, 11:44 PM. Reason: add/change

Comment

Oh dear... I remember suggesting to Chloe B a fruitbowl as an alternative to snakes, but I hadn't thought they'd replace it entirely. No more snakes? Nooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                Oh dear... I remember suggesting to Chloe B a fruitbowl as an alternative to snakes, but I hadn't thought they'd replace it entirely. No more snakes? Nooooooooo!
                Omg... so you're the reason why there are no m&m's! Shame Immie, shame....

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                  Omg... so you're the reason why there are no m&m's! Shame Immie, shame....

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!!!!! ;_;

Well hey, when I'm hanging out in Melbourne, I promise to bring in plates of home baked muffins. Deal? :-D

Comment

Uumm- I'm tellin' my parents

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                      I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!!!!! ;_;

Well hey, when I'm hanging out in Melbourne, I promise to bring in plates of home baked muffins. Deal? :-D
                      Giselle should discipline you for your transgression! Segue to a wonderful AW video in my mind.

Comment

behind the thread, the math -

I've just discovered this thread and have read it with interest (in other threads, I've written a bit about cultural differences between Australia and the US). I think the topic arises because of the sheer number of models on AW; as the years roll by, it adds up - and more are being added every week.

Here's my guess (models, correct me if I'm wrong): I think most parents of most AW models would accept their presence here with equanimity. They might not be real crazy about it - but love of their children would outweigh the impulse toward judgement and condemnation (this is in Australia, not the US). Having said that, as the number of AW models keeps going up, the law of averages dictates that some of them will not have such hip, with-it parents. In a sense, as it grows, AW is becoming more democratic and reflective of all Australian society.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevee51 View Post
                          Giselle should discipline you for your transgression! Segue to a wonderful AW video in my mind.
                          No doubt in my mind that Immie would turn that scenario around so fast.... Nobody messes with the Immster.

Comment

Originally posted by likesitnatural View Post
                            I've just discovered this thread and have read it with interest (in other threads, I've written a bit about cultural differences between Australia and the US). I think the topic arises because of the sheer number of models on AW; as the years roll by, it adds up - and more are being added every week.

Here's my guess (models, correct me if I'm wrong): I think most parents of most AW models would accept their presence here with equanimity. They might not be real crazy about it - but love of their children would outweigh the impulse toward judgement and condemnation (this is in Australia, not the US). Having said that, as the number of AW models keeps going up, the law of averages dictates that some of them will not have such hip, with-it parents. In a sense, as it grows, AW is becoming more democratic and reflective of all Australian society.
                            If there is anyplace a model should be proud to be seen on, it's Abbywinters because of the overall tone of AW is much more on a professional level, and add to that the degree of ettiquete, respect and good mannerisms that are supported and reflected in our AW messageboards which are moderated. Models get to choose the level of explicitness and members as well as other models get to address each other here as real people here in the forums, much like we all would in most any social function situation. Folks won't find that level of quality and good policy virtualy anyplace else on the Web so no doubt parents who are 'hip' and 'with-it' should be much more comfortable with their grown-up daughters choosing to participate in the AW legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                              If there is anyplace a model should be proud to be seen on, it's Abbywinters because of the overall tone of AW is much more on a professional level, and add to that the degree of ettiquete, respect and good mannerisms that are supported and reflected in our AW messageboards which are moderated. Models get to choose the level of explicitness and members as well as other models get to address each other here as real people here in the forums, much like we all would in most any social function situation. Folks won't find that level of quality and good policy virtualy anyplace else on the Web so no doubt parents who are 'hip' and 'with-it' should be much more comfortable with their grown-up daughters choosing to participate in the AW legacy.
                              ....so AW is the best of the worst?

I know my parents would not be happy. Where *not happy* would put it rather mildly. I tested the waters once and ouch! man, did that hurt. Perhaps it is the case for them that erotica on the internet, no matter how tasteful(tasty) and respectful and ego boosting for the model, is still not empowering or advancing or equalising for women. And for the life of me I don't know how you could call the several dildo insertion shoots I've done tasteful! Yummy yes, fun to do, of course, but not tasteful or classy...Let's be honest guys.

I accept that. Am I pushing back(or rather halting the move forward of) womens' rights by participating in the objectification of women on the internet? Perhaps. Do I love my job, look forward to going to work every morning? Do I enjoy thinking of new ways to take photos of my nipples? Absofreaknlutely!

Spank ya later,
                              Sue-ann

Comment

Here's my guess (models, correct me if I'm wrong): I think most parents of most AW models would accept their presence here with equanimity. They might not be real crazy about it - but love of their children would outweigh the impulse toward judgement and condemnation (this is in Australia, not the US)
                                And for the life of me I don't know how you could call the several dildo insertion shoots I've done tasteful! Yummy yes, fun to do, of course, but not tasteful or classy...Let's be honest guys....
                                Yes, let's be honest.... fingering your butt on the internet is not going to be truly accepted or supported by your parents regardless of where or your family were raised

Comment

How true Giselle. If my parents even knew I subscribed to this site they wouldn't be happy. I guess I am a bit of a rebel. KISSES

Comment

Am I pushing back(or rather halting the move forward of) womens' rights by participating in the objectification of women on the internet? Perhaps.
                                    I find it strange that you would say that. On this website of all places. Or maybe I'm naive.

Comment

Oh- come on gals, why be so hard on yourselves by making things sound so repulsive merely by amping up on the aspects of what makes up only about 10% of the content of this site? I find that the majority of the models, including you fine ladies, present yourselves in more tasteful ways on the AW site than what could be found on other, much smuttier adult entertainment websites. That's the AW difference I'm proud to point out to folks.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                        Oh- come on gals, why be so hard on yourselves by making things sound so repulsive merely by amping up on the aspects of what makes up only about 10% of the content of this site...
                                        I'm not being hard on myself at all! I'm very proud of my shoots for AW as well as all the content I've done for other projects and sites. However, I'm honest and realistic.... most parents would not be 100% supportive of their daughter modeling for AW. Tolerant, maybe even somewhat accepting, but not supportive.

Fortunately, AW models are all adults so we weigh up the pros & cons, consider the consequences and do what we think is right. And by the looks of it we all thought it was ok to get our gear off

Comment

I'm not being hard on myself at all! I'm very proud of my shoots for AW as well as all the content I've done for other projects and sites. However, I'm honest and realistic.... most parents would not be 100% supportive of their daughter modeling for AW. Tolerant, maybe even somewhat accepting, but not supportive.

Fortunately, AW models are all adults so we weigh up the pros & cons, consider the consequences and do what we think is right. And by the looks of it we all thought it was ok to get our gear off
                                          Okay, good. So y'all can relax a bit, bearing in mind that the 'fingering your butt on the Internet' aspect isn't something that's viewable by the whole world, just us members who make a choice to subscribe. AW is not for everyone but it is definitely among the much more tasteful and conservative. Consider yourself among the best to be found anywhere Online.

Comment

307,000,000 vs 21,000,000

... Those are the approximate population numbers for the U.S. and Australia. (Happened to be researching that, and much more, for another thread I'm involved with here!

Nearly 15:1 !

Comment

I'm thinking all this wonderful thread discussion points to a certain "Black Hole", if you will, only with astronomical reference!

There are, actually, nearly "alternate realities" being touched on in this chat and, fear not, that's nothing new! There are, literally, none of us who can claim, honestly, to be in 100% lock-sync understanding and enjoyment with parents, of what we do and enjoy here. Moreover, that's true even as there is this huge range of like-minded, like-thinking subscribers spanning the full age range of sexually-active homo sapiens. Within reason, that doesn't make us "right or wrong", just enjoying our own, commonly-shared ideas of what is healthy and wholesome fun with none of the traditional worries of sex with strangers!

What this all really points to is the odd day when stern dad sees daughter's images online while doing his own thing with or apart from wife/mom, etc. etc!!

Comment

alternate realities ?!

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                                                There are, actually, nearly "alternate realities" being touched on in this chat...
                                                yeow, Rob - that's too much for me to absorb!

Comment

I've just discovered this thread and have read it with interest (in other threads, I've written a bit about cultural differences between Australia and the US).
                                                  I've certainly discerned some differences in the sexual values between the two cultures. I'm not just speaking of the culture of Abby Winters either - I have a lot of non-model Australian friends who I chat with online regularly.

I've wondered if some of the differences may relate to higher incidences of infection by Toxoplasma gondii which can change human behavior. In particular, it's thought to turn women into sex kittens.

The parasite's behavior is quite fascinating in nature. Normally it needs both rats (or mice) and cats in order to procreate. When it gets into a mouse or rat, it needs to get eaten by a cat in order to finish reproduction. So the parasite gets into the mouse's brain and somehow draws it to places that cats frequent. Healthy rats and mice avoid areas with cat odors, but infected mice are actually drawn to them. I suspect that the parasite triggers the release of endorphin and other opioids in the brain when the normal adrenaline response to the cat odor is triggered.

When it gets into us, it still gets into our brains and still changes our behavior, but in very different ways obviously. The parasite doesn't ever want to infect us when it happens by accident, because that is the end of its life and it cannot reproduce. Unfortunately when that mistake happens to a pregnant woman the results are truly catastrophic for the fetus which gets brain damage and is highly susceptible to schizophrenia. Most people who get the infection after birth never noticeably suffer from it.

Comment

hmmm-

Is that a sex kitten I hear - or maybe a gentle jest?

Comment

I used to model about 8 years ago and my parents knew about it then. I started off doing art nudes then because I’m bi when the chance to do girl/girl shoots came up I jumped at the chance.
                                                      I now do webcam work and live with my parents since my divorce in October and work from home so they know what's going on.
                                                      I also work at my local college doing art nude modelling so they know about that too.
                                                      It pays the bills and it makes me happy and that's all that they care about.

Comment

Originally posted by pippa View Post
                                                        I now do webcam work and live with my parents since my divorce in October and work from home so they know what's going on.
                                                        Do you work when they are home? It may be a bit awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                                          Do you work when they are home? It may be a bit awkward.

yes I do.
                                                          I work in my bedroom with the door locked my mum is down stairs and can’t hear anything.
                                                          I’m saving to move out in January when I have a years worth of self-employed accounts and they know I’m happier in my own place.
                                                          Its a shame though because of the fact I do webcam work I can’t move in with my boyfriend and his mum. My boyfriends mum has a heart condition so he wont move in with me.
                                                          It makes me happy, I’m safe in the comfort of my own home and I’m earning money. That's all they really care about.

Comment

It's great that your parents are open minded.

Comment

Originally posted by oroboros View Post
                                                              I've certainly discerned some differences in the sexual values between the two cultures. I'm not just speaking of the culture of Abby Winters either - I have a lot of non-model Australian friends who I chat with online regularly.

I've wondered if some of the differences may relate to higher incidences of infection by Toxoplasma gondii which can change human behavior. In particular, it's thought to turn women into sex kittens.

The parasite's behavior is quite fascinating in nature. Normally it needs both rats (or mice) and cats in order to procreate. When it gets into a mouse or rat, it needs to get eaten by a cat in order to finish reproduction. So the parasite gets into the mouse's brain and somehow draws it to places that cats frequent. Healthy rats and mice avoid areas with cat odors, but infected mice are actually drawn to them. I suspect that the parasite triggers the release of endorphin and other opioids in the brain when the normal adrenaline response to the cat odor is triggered.

When it gets into us, it still gets into our brains and still changes our behavior, but in very different ways obviously. The parasite doesn't ever want to infect us when it happens by accident, because that is the end of its life and it cannot reproduce. Unfortunately when that mistake happens to a pregnant woman the results are truly catastrophic for the fetus which gets brain damage and is highly susceptible to schizophrenia. Most people who get the infection after birth never noticeably suffer from it.
                                                              Science nerd alert!

Popped into this thread thanks to Pippa and was backtracking when I saw this. I wrote a literature review on the effects of parasites on human psychology, a lot of it on Toxoplasma gondii. The results have been rather overstated and even misstated. I would say there is currently not enough evidence to support any of the claims. Just FYI!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X