This site is a waste of space - grrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This site is a waste of space - grrrrrrrrrrrr

I know this isn't really the place for this but I've had no response to my posts in the correct place so I'm doing this here! Since the recent change over, the speed of downloads from this site have plummeted. Other sites of various nature are all fine, I have a decent connection & it is only AW that has a problem. I know it doesn't affect everyone but it would be good to know who it does affect.

I've had a couple of emails from 'Technical Support' but they have been as much use as a chocolate teapot. They suggest trying a traceroute and offer a bribe of a weeks extra subscription to do so but the instructions given don't work. In any case and as I've said to them, one week is frankly laughable. The site is pretty much unusable because of the atrocious download speed so my subscription is a total waste until it is sorted out.

I've now reached the end of my tether with it & will cancel for good if it's not sorted out by the time my subscription expires. I also want a refund for all the wasted time since the changeover as I've hardly been able to use the site.

A very unhappy punter

What didn't work about the traceroute? What operating system do you use (Windows, Apple ?) and which version ?

Comment

Hi Frans - I'm using W7 home premium & the DOS prompt doesn't come up by going to Run & command as suggested. To be perfectly honest though, I'm so fed up with the slow speed and slower response from Tech Support that I'm not going to bother. Either they sort it or they don't and consequently either I stay or I go elsewhere for my entertainment (as I've been doing recently anyway). As a long time subscriber, I am totally p*ssed off with the response from AW & cannot understand their willingness to shuffle along & see subscribers leave. We're also seeing far fewer proper updates & new models than we used to & many of the updates that we do get are just recycled material - 'Editors choice' & backstage being two examples.

Comment

Hey Mike...
        I have noticed see more of the "AW error" message popping up recently and not be able to get a response from or log into the site... as in the site just won't load... normally fixes itself in a few minutes but can be very frustrating. I don't download a great deal... normally just watch the streaming video and for that special model/shoot will download it... Maybe that would be the warning sign for AWHQ that if my download increases dramatically in a short period then its a sign that I'm looking to walk. currently in my last "membership period Join Date 14/02/11 (hey I missed my anniversary... haha and must have been a particulaly lonely Valentines day that year.. haha) I have downloaded 73.40 Gb Just for interest sake how much have you downloaded in your current member status... ie from My Account - Account Summary - the join date and the download part??

Pinky

Comment

To add to ur problem, I wasnt going to return, only did cause Im blind drunk. I freaked out when my downloaded files dissapeared. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingsteve View Post
            To add to ur problem, I wasnt going to return, only did cause Im blind drunk. I freaked out when my downloaded files dissapeared. Is that normal?
            Downloaded files (as in files on *your* computer) only go away when YOU delete them. AW site can't do that, no idea what gives you that idea.

Comment

Hi Mike, when you first got in touch with us we responded within eight business hours. That was three weeks ago. Since then we've each sent each other three correspondences, roughly one per week (no sense in updating you every day when there no news, solution, or progress to offer). We've offered you a total of three weeks extra time (you accepted the first two), which is how long it's been since you've contacted us about this problem.

For some reason, the migration to a new method of hosting and distributing our content has impacted a small number of members with a huge decrease in speed. It shouldn't (and for the most part doesn't) do that. That is why we've been asking for complicated traceroute reports. Anyhow, you've got more than enough reason to be frustrated; all we can do at this point is apologise and assure you we're working hard on it. I've gotten in touch with you via email to discuss where to go from here in private. Cheers.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X