Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
    Hi Guys,

My name is Frankie, I have been an editor, I also now do some photography, videography and currently work as the creative director. To clarify regarding this model, you detectives are absolutely right. This shoot was shot in Russia. The model contacted us to do some modeling work, but was unable to come to Amsterdam to shoot due to some visa restrictions. We were very keen to try and accommodate a shoot with her. Her partner was available to shoot and had some equipment. We had several discussions, some technical and others about our website, our style and about our values. Then they did a shoot together, the one you see today. We are looking into the idea of doing this again when the opportunity presents itself. Please let us know what you thought of the shoot, from our technical and creative point of you. What would you think of more shoots like this? All of your feedback matters and I read all shoot threads and incorporate your opinions into future shoots.

Some have already mentioned about the image quality of the xls. Too explain this, the images were shot at a high ISO (due to lack of light) and were also exposed a few stops under exposed (dark) and lifting these images up to a consistent viewable level caused some grain. This was not an artistic decision, it was some issues with the photography that we tried as best to correct. We will work at refining this on any future shoots they do.

Looking forward to reading more thoughts and opinions.

Frankie
    Thanks Frankie for the clarification/confirmation... We do have some great detectives on this site... that may have been me if I wasn't distracted on things other than the wall sockets and the writing on the tiles LOL

Couple of questions post related, (nothing to do with the "stunning Caramel")
    • Creative Director... Wasn't that what Garion is/was doing??
    • Like the idea of shoots being down outside of AWHQ, Garion had asked the question on twitter a while ago. Does this mean that we maybe getting some shoots from Melbourne?? I know there is a number of highly qualified photographers/videographers and model there.
    • I see you read all shoot threads... does this mean that is where we should have been posting our complaints about the "preview pics" that only show the models "bits"
    • If there were "some issues with the photography that we tried as best to correct." How did it make it onto the site? Back in the day... there were maybe 100 images posted each perfect. Now we get 260 images and some with issues. There also was a whole section "mezzanine" where "production" quality wasn't up to the AW standard. Most of these I could find any fault. I hope this isn't a relaxing of the high standard that have been set by AW over the years.

In saying that (my last question) it's more of a principle thing than anything else, As I enjoyed the image set greatly and didn't even notice the image quality until it was pointed out here. (That could be because I didn't view the xls images and I probably another sign that I need glasses )

Anyway... thanks again for posting Frankie.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
      Hi Guys,

Some have already mentioned about the image quality of the xls. Too explain this, the images were shot at a high ISO (due to lack of light) and were also exposed a few stops under exposed (dark) and lifting these images up to a consistent viewable level caused some grain. This was not an artistic decision, it was some issues with the photography that we tried as best to correct. We will work at refining this on any future shoots they do.

Looking forward to reading more thoughts and opinions.

Frankie
      Thanks very much for the clarification Frankie. I'm relieved to hear the grainy quality wasn't intentional this time! I think the idea is great and anything you can do to help the photographers in these situations to get the technical quality up towards your normal standard would be good.

Caramel is worth seeing at any quality and who knows, maybe we will see her again some day with the full AW treatment!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback and comments regarding this shoot. I agree with all the technical points and if they want to do another shoot we will work on addressing all those issues.

Ok so there are some direct questions I will try and respond too.

@mrpinkeyes

Creative Director- was what Garion was doing and now is what I am doing, although we regularly collaborate together it is now my responsibility.

Shooting in Melbourne- We would love to do this, but given some of the legal reasons that caused us to have to leave Australia, it is complicated and we need to be sure we are acting responsibly, to not to put a photographer or videographer or model in harms way or be breaching any laws. But it is something we are considering to do other parts of the world.

Preview Pics- I hope you have noticed we have been selecting more faces. I think the current upcoming list and the shoot page, largely represents this change which was driven by the models and members feedback. We changed the Dahlia pic in response to her and lots of your comments. However this is can be complicated as we can only choose landscape images and sometimes there are not many in a set which restricts the available choices. Also the images that are wide kind of lose the model as the image is so small. We also want to ensure that this page is an interesting space displaying our variety to the fullest. We have a variety of content and models and we are working hard at expanding this, but I felt it was also important to reflect the variety on this pivotal page.

Image set lengths / mezzanine- Image sets are generally longer than before. This has been because we have been trying more things with models to increase variety. Generally trying more things leads to increase in overall length. Do you and the rest of the members think the image sets are too long? Regarding technical standards. This set I thought was still a very good set, the model and the cute moments captured really made up for the deficiencies in technical quality. Mezzanine was a section, we definitely are not relaxing our standards, they are what we hold our-self too. This shoot though was an exception, really the first of its kind as it was not done by our trained staff. So the process will get more refined to ensure all shoots meet our technical standards.

@Frans Masie would be great as a guest interviewer and is doing some great work shooting, hopefully Caramel can visit Amsterdam sometime soon!

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, keep it coming in the shoot threads and enjoy the site!

Comment

Thanks Frankie for the answers...

Firstly and most importantly... Congratulations on the promotion. Well done.

Secondly... Agreed totally that the photographer or videographer or model need in be safe that they are working within the "restrictions" of the Aussie (or Victorian) laws. But we can always hope... one day... I do like and will support the idea of getting models from around the world to shoot "at home" as long as they follow the AW feel. Which I believe was done well with Caramel S's shoot.

Thirdly.... I admit I have my blinkers on this subject... I see one or five (as the current home page shows) and that's one or five to many. But appreciate that not everyone agrees with me and some members or more precisely some potential members may like these preview pic's so understand why they are there but that still wont stop me winging about it from time to time . The Dahlia situation, although very pleased that the preview pic was changed in line with her wishes but seems quite a major error on someones part for it to be put up in the first place. After she had mentioned a number of times how she wouldn't want one of her shoots to have such a preview pic. Also... isn't it possible to take some pic's with the intention of it being a preview pic at the time of shooting, thus not having to create one from the shoot?

Lastly... I have no problem with the increased size of image sets and quite often wished that the image sets of year gone by were as long and with the same variety. General rule... more is better as long as the standards are upheld.

Thanks again Frankie...

ps: Masie is a natural and fun interviewer... So please we are seeing and hearing more of it on the site. YAY... Go Masie

Comment

Great shoot no matter where it was taken.
            Caramel is gorgeous and has such beautiful eyes.
            She can use my bath anytime.

Comment

Congratulations on the promotion, Frankie!

I, personally, don't think the image sets are too long. I enjoy them more now than I did a few years back.

As an aside, if you continue to do these shoots with models that are away from AWHQ, is it a possibility of doing web based Q&A with the regular staff or even with some of your members? I'm not necessarily meaning to do the shoot that way, but maybe just the Q&A sound portion and overlaying that on the videos? I do realize that this creates a bit more work as a whole, but it could be a fun change to have on the rare occasion...

Comment

Also, please bring Caramel back for a Redux!

Comment

Stunning new model. What a beauty ! Pleased more of her.

Comment

Hi buddies! Not sure that it's right word, I just found it in the dictionary
                    You right, I am Russian girl and I just know English a little bit
                    First of all, thank you very much for a lot of pleasant words and comments. It's really inspires me to do more pictures and videos for abbywinters, for you
                    I like the style of abbywinters, as I can be fully natural and be myself.
                    I was always dreamed to be a model. But I never expected me to become nude model And I just tried ones and since that time I cannot stop... it's so interesting and exciting for me. This is the first pictures and first video of me, I am so glad to see your feedback and I thank abby for this opportunity.
                    It was interesting to read your comments about quality of the video and pictures, I was laughing cameraman was breathing... Of course he is breathing )
                    Quality will be improved of course, because it was the beginning. But for me this is a part of the real life - you want to see a real story or polished photosets and glamor video?
                    I have recently moved to a new flat, it's sunny and light, I am sure you will like to see it.
                    I have new idea from abby and I will do some new video for you very, very soon
                    Your Caramelka
                    Kiss!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	344793235_IMG_3616S_122_563lo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	641411
                    Last edited by Frans; 27 February 2012, 06:20 PM. Reason: fix picture (IMG tag does not work on this forum)

Comment

Hey Caramel, Great to see you on the forums! We'd love to see you with your own Models Speak thread which you can create here. I've never been to Russia and I'd love to hear all about it! Obviously we're all eagerly waiting to hear more about the beautiful girl from the pictures!

Comment

Caramel, it's great to see you on the forum.
                        How did you find abbywinters?
                        What kind of shoots do you expect to do?

Comment

Hi Caramel...( your second favorite treat next to chocolate, i'm sure ) I see you got a laugh out of the " cameraman breathing " comment...that's good ! It means you weren't too upset or disappointed with us by the comments made in regards to the video & pic.quality. As you said " it was the beginning " the first of this kind of shoot and obviously some comments are inevitable in regards to the origin and difference in quality but as one member said " not TOO distracting from this TOTALLY distracting model " Hope you will spoil us again soon with the sweet taste of Caramel.

TJ
                          Last edited by tjsunray; 27 February 2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Привет Карамель ... (hopefully I got that right and didn't just insult your goat )

Welcome to the boards... Hope you pop in on a regular basis. Must say I was very excited to read that you have more AW shoots planned and YES I would LOVE to see your new flat, well truthfully... would love any excuse to see another Caramel shoot no matter where it may be located. Thanks very much for posting another picture of yourself... You are a very very beautiful young lady. Ohhh and your English is very good, both written and spoken. You know a lot more than just a little bit.

I have 101 questions to ask you but will wait until you start your own thread in the models speak as Kylie suggested. Hope to see you there soon.

Thanks Caramel
                            Last edited by mrpinkeyes; 28 February 2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Hello beautiful Caramel!
                              I also hope to see you again soon.

Comment

Hi Caramel,
                                welcome at AW and glad to hear that you had a fun time.
                                I am getting curious.
                                How did you find out about AW's...

Love and hugs Sabrina

Comment

With eyes like yours Caramel, I could never say no, so it's probably a good thing I am in Australia, hahahaha

Comment

Beautiful, beautiful young lady. This is what AW is all about. Please, please, please come back and do more. i think I'm in love.

Comment

Here she is: http://us-g3.abbywinters.com/content...mple-thumb.jpg
                                      Hope this will not her last shoot :-(
                                      Sabrina

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X