Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you listening/reading/watching

Hello lovely guys and girlies,

What are we all loving at the moment - books, music, tv shows??

I'm reading Alain de Botton - Essays in love, Noam Chomsky - Interventions, and some Jackie Collins to help trash it out!
    Can't stop listening to - Dead Kennedys, MGMT (going to the concert soon!), Crookers, Japanese Popstars
    Watching - just gotten into The L Word...oooh lordy! I love, love, LOVE it!

Hi,

I'm currently reading Donne by John Stubbs (a biography of the 16th/17th century metaphysical poet), The Admirals by Andrew Lambert (a collection of biographical sketches of outstanding British naval officers) and on a lighter note a detective thriller The Riverman by Alex Gray set in Scotland.

On my MP3 I've currently got a playlist of Runrig ( a Scottish , specifically Highland folk/rock group) otherwise listening to a collection of Handel arias by soprano Danielle de Niese and revisiting Led Zeppelin probably sparked by a rumour that they were considering touring.

I'm currently re-watching The League of Gentlemen, a BBC TV comedy series from some years ago featuring the eccentric if not outright bizarre characters who inhabit the fictional Northern English village of Royston Vassey.

tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post

I'm currently re-watching The League of Gentlemen, a BBC TV comedy series from some years ago featuring the eccentric if not outright bizarre characters who inhabit the fictional Northern English village of Royston Vassey.
      tom
      Your my wife now ! pappa lazarou

Comment

Reading...No,too busy
        Listening ...Edward scissorhands soundtrack by Danny Elfman
        Watching..Addicted to deal or no deal

Comment

I am listening again to a lot of my Ennio Morricone soundtrack collection to celebrate the master's 80th birthday. It's an incredible dense variety of music/sounds which evokes movie scenes in my head just by itself.

doinel

Comment

Originally posted by doinel View Post
            It's an incredible dense variety of music/sounds which evokes movie scenes in my head just by itself.
            The boy eating the cake on the stairs in once uon a time in america

Comment

Reading: boring job-related tech stuff
              Listening: Dr John, Silent Night (trying to get a jump on the Christmas spirit)
              Watching: "Back Pay" from M*A*S*H Season 8

HM

Comment

Reading - so many books, onto my third in the past two days!!! Starting the classic, Madam Bovary after reading 'Howling at the Moon' (a bio on Walter Yetnikov) and 'Girl, Interrupted'
                Listening - to Wilco and the Sleepy Jackson
                Watching - the computer screen coz I don't have a t.v

Comment

Originally posted by gabriela View Post
                  gabriela,I have 4 do you want one of mine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Havemercy View Post
                    Watching: "Back Pay" from M*A*S*H Season 8
                    HM
                    Noooooooooo,not with canned laughter

Comment

Reading - so many books, onto my third in the past two days!!! Starting the classic, Madam Bovary after reading 'Howling at the Moon' (a bio on Walter Yetnikov) and 'Girl, Interrupted'
                      Listening - to Wilco and the Sleepy Jackson

WOT !!!!!!

You don't have a TV !!!!!! Really.... you don't have a TV??????
                      How can this be??? No TV at all??? not even a 14" set in the bedroom??
                      ohhhhhhh poor Gabriela.... I feel terrible for you... Sooooo sorry to read this.
                      Is it still in Canberra with your underwear???
                      Now I can understand why you have read so many books.

Ohhhh big hugz to Gabriela, poor gal....

Pinky

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                        WOT !!!!!!

You don't have a TV !!!!!!...
                        Quiet down, Pinkness, you'll get the hiccups!

I'm with Gabriela on this one. We do have a TV in our house, 37 inches flat screen (do Aussies call them 94 centimeter flat screen?) but it's mostly for my wife and kids. When no one else is at home (ah, heaven!) the TV never goes on.
                        It might if I knew how it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbrody View Post
                          Noooooooooo,not with canned laughter
                          The box set gives the option of watching without the laugh track, thankfully.

HM

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                            WOT !!!!!!

You don't have a TV !!!!!! Really.... you don't have a TV??????
                            How can this be??? No TV at all??? not even a 14" set in the bedroom??
                            ohhhhhhh poor Gabriela.... I feel terrible for you... Sooooo sorry to read this.
                            Is it still in Canberra with your underwear???
                            Now I can understand why you have read so many books.

Ohhhh big hugz to Gabriela, poor gal....

Pinky
                            Ah Pinky, I'll take those hugs
                            Now I'm back in Melbourne ... with my underwear??? Not going back to Canberra till Xmas (thank god, I hate that place).
                            I did have a tv a while ago, but it fell off my bed (I was re-arranging things) and fell on the ground glass-first. Whoops!

And, I'll have one of those tv's Chief!
                            Not that there's ever anything good on... except I used to love watching Southpark.

BTW, now listening to an interesting band called Blonde Redhead...

Comment

Originally posted by Havemercy View Post
                              The box set gives the option of watching without the laugh track, thankfully.
                              HM

mmm,now which to choose

Comment

And, I'll have one of those tv's Chief!
                                Gabriela,it's yours,come and pick it up

Comment

I don't watch TV either.
                                  It's not that strange. (Well, not to me...)

Books: Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion'
                                  Music: Electronic stuff, Kraftwerk and Jean Michelle Jarre

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                                    Music: Electronic stuff, Kraftwerk and Jean Michelle Jarre
                                    We're on the same wavelength here, Lesley.
                                    I love Kraftwerk and I love Jean-Michel Jarre.
                                    I saw Jean-Michel Jarre live here in Luxembourg. He played a concert on April 17 this year.

My all time favorite Musician is Mike Oldfield.
                                    I can forget the world and everything around when I'm listening to his music.

Lxm

Comment

Unfortunately there was not much coming from Mike Oldfield the last years.

It seems he's a bit lazy recently and busy developing silly computer games that no one needs.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                        My all time favorite Musician is Mike Oldfield.

Lxm
                                        Tubular Bells is one of my all time favourites too.

L

Comment

Caught a glimpse of this while visiting my neighbour:-
                                          We’re There For the UK’s Children and Young People

Really pleased I don't watch television!

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                                            Caught a glimpse of this while visiting my neighbour:-
                                            We’re There For the UK’s Children and Young People

Really pleased I don't watch television!
                                            "not available in your area" , boooo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                              "not available in your area" , boooo!!
                                              It's got an embedded video clip. Only available in the UK. Sorry did not think of that.

It shows normally sensible people, amateurs and professional actors, making total arses of themselves for charity.
                                              'Children in Need'.
                                              I have nothing against the charity, and if I see a collection box somewhere I will bung them a few quid.
                                              I just can't watch this kind of 'entertainment' on TV!

L

Comment

Reading.. Black Man (Richard Morgan), as usual tons of colour, though more sedate than works

Listening to.. XTC Radio London @ http://206.19.69.69:443

Watching.. House M.D. season 5.. @.@ man this is gripping stuff :P

Comment

BTW, now listening to an interesting band called Blonde Redhead...
                                                  Hey... that is appropriate, you know, with your new look that makes your eyes "pop"

Comment

Now listening to Janna: Go Go Get Gone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Janna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	625532Click image for larger version

Name:	Janna_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	625533

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                                      Unfortunately there was not much coming from Mike Oldfield the last years.

It seems he's a bit lazy recently and busy developing silly computer games that no one needs.

Lxm

Lxm,

Have you listened to Music of the Spheres?

tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                                                        Lxm,

Have you listened to Music of the Spheres?

tom
                                                        Ol' Mike's been a busy boy. Here are his musical offerings for this decade:
                                                        2002 Tres Lunas [UK]
                                                        2002 Thou Art in Heaven
                                                        2002 Collection
                                                        2003 Tubular Bells 2003
                                                        2004 Tres Lunas
                                                        2005 Light + Shade
                                                        2008 Tubular Bells 2008
                                                        2008 Music of the Spheres

Here's a listing of his whole discography. Quite prolific.

Comment

Reading: Kingdom Of Fear by Hunter S. Thompson
                                                          Blood Canticle by Anne Rice (actually, this is really awful and I can't finish it. What happened, Anne?)
                                                          A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole (next in line to be read)

Watching: Freddy Mercury documentaries.
                                                          Law and Order SVU
                                                          The Warriors

Listening to: Bauhaus, Arcade Fire, Talking Heads, Joy Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                                                            Listening to: Bauhaus, Arcade Fire, Talking Heads, Joy Division.
                                                            Cool... I have not read Bauhaus in a thread before.... very cool. Did you ever listin to Dali's Car?? Peter Murphey and Mick Karn

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X