No announcement yet.

What are you listening/reading/watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to the beautiful voice of Hayley Westenra singing one of my favorite folk songs, "Shenendoah", next up her beautiful rendition of "Danny Boy".
    Reading, actually re-reading The Eye of the World book one of Robert Jordans huge fantasy epic The Wheel of Time.
    Watching Fringe. It has become a replacement for LOST in my heart. Also on the lighter side, Modern Family.

Comment

Comment

Listening to soundtrack music from Battlestar Galactica. All of them are superb, but this song: Elegy is my favorite. So simple yet elegant and beautiful. How Bear McCreary never received an Emmy nod for BSG is beyond me.

Comment

Watching/listening to 25th anniversary concert DVD of Les Mis. Timeless music, timeless story,great production and performance.

Comment

I recently found a couple of really cool and rare Bill Cosby LPs that were obviously late '70s. They're pretty unusual in that both of these are Disco with Bill either singing or saying clever one-liners over the music. These albums are hilarious! One of them, the Disco Bill LP, is on Capital which is really unusual since Bill Cosby's records could be found on the Warner Bros lable. The Salvation Army Band one is on Warner and it's Bill singing Beatles, Bobby Hebb, Mick Jagger & Keith Richards, The Supremes... Unbelieveably funny stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cosby_bill~_discobill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	647382

Click image for larger version

Name:	cosby_bill~_Salvationarmy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	647381

Comment

After hearing this, I thought that the gang here might like it also. Man what a voice!

Comment

Wow, thanks Dekoda, that is some voice! I thought this comment below the clip says it all:

"Why on Earth this video has only 4 millions views whereas low artists like Justin bieber, Nicki minaj and others have videos with hundreds of millions of views. THAT is real music, the voice of this girl is like liquid gold."

Comment

Let's get some life in this inspiring topic!

Currently listening to "If I give my soul" by Johnny Cash, I love his music, and reading a translation of La vie sexuelle de Catherine M., a very erotic and well-written book!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X