Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans View Post
    Yep, that was fast. It was added before I got the FR confirmation even
    It seems it does something smart with landscape pics too, arrows always stay in window. Nice.
    Very slick. Working nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherObserver View Post
      Not even personalized page color changes? Bummer. I know it's possible on some other sites.
      Oh, it's certainly possible. The question is, should we spend time on that, or on other things? Sometimes it's hard to know, but we do know that right now, the priority is to get AD up and running, then fetish pods, then Admin for CMS2. After that, we have a blank slate - a million ideas (including changable colours), but not clear priorities. Part of our development plan, however, is to make changes to our schedule at the last responsible moment, meaning, we'll decide what we'll do when we're closer.

(Blatant digression: How awesome would it be to always have a favorite model greet you when you first log in? )
      Hm. How do you envision that working? A snippet of video? Saying your name?

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
        Hm. How do you envision that working? A snippet of video? Saying your name?
        Oh, I wasn't imagining anything so elaborate. Just a banner at the top of the page sporting a nice pic of a favorite model.
        It's nice to see a familiar friendly face first thing when logging in.

I hadn't though of having a video clip - that could be fun too.
        But addressing every member by name, either in video or even just verbally, doesn't seem practical (though that would be pretty awesome).

It's just the sort of idea that some creative soul might work wonders with one day.

Comment

After using the new site for a bit I had one small request/suggestion for the latest updates/schedule box in the upper left hand corner. On the old site the schedule would display updates for the coming week while on the new site it does the reverse and displays updates for the past week. Would it be possible to have something in the account preferences similar to the sorting options which are there for the search and model pages where you could choose whether to have the schedule display either one week forwards or one week backwards?

I do like the upcoming shoots column where it displays the time remaining until each update, just found in using the site that I am missing being able to take a quick glance at the schedule to see what is coming up for the week.

Comment

We argued about this extensively, and changed the order three or four times before release, to what you see now. The arguments for and against the current are persuasive, but we feel the current solution is the best compromise. After a few weeks we have become more used to it. Could I suggest that there's nothing actually WRONG with the new way, it's just different?

I argue that seeing (images and video) what's coming up is more valuable than meaningless words.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that sounds fine. I'm sure I will also become more used to the new schedule after using the new site for a few weeks. One of the things I love most about the new site is how customizable it is for each person, the features allowing you to change things like the sorting order on the search page and allowing you switch the position and show/hide everything in the sidebars are really great!

Comment

I'd like to have recognisable thread titles in the discussion board columns. "your fave bit of C...", "Hi everyone, I am..." or "Saucy times with t..." doesn't help me very much. Between the thread title and the last poster's name is a mostly empty column with a very occasional paper clip whose meaning eludes me. What about collapsing these two columns into one and using the space for a longer thread title when there's no clip shown?

Comment

Originally posted by briggfair View Post
                  I'd like to have recognisable thread titles in the discussion board columns. "your fave bit of C...", "Hi everyone, I am..." or "Saucy times with t..." doesn't help me very much. Between the thread title and the last poster's name is a mostly empty column with a very occasional paper clip whose meaning eludes me. What about collapsing these two columns into one and using the space for a longer thread title when there's no clip shown?
                  Hm, good point! The paperclip means there is an image attached recently in the thread. I think "thread starter" is more useful than "thread poster" - what do you reckon?

(Frans, can you e me off list, is that something you can change in your new project?)

Comment

Love the new look web site!. Just working my way around the site and just enjoying myself.
                    Congrats to all the AW staffers who have made the new look possible.
                    Thanks,
                    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                      Hm, good point! The paperclip means there is an image attached recently in the thread. I think "thread starter" is more useful than "thread poster" - what do you reckon?
                      Thread-starter is static for a thread, I'd say you want to know when say Daria posts in her own thread, with pics preferably

Currently the full threadtitle is already shown when you hoover over a row. Sure we can expand the title a bit, but some titles are just to long to EVER fit

Comment

Garion: For me, "thread poster" as it is now is more informative than "thread starter"; I'm always interested in what e.g. Giselle or Immie have to say

Frans: Showing the thread title while hovering over a row is a nice feature (and has to do if the need arises). I didn't realise that as I try to see as much as possible wich a glance rather than wildly zapping around with the mouse - suffering from RSI does that to you...
                        Last edited by Guest; 20 April 2010, 07:30 PM.

Comment

i ve been in the dark about all the changes mainly because trusted the site,and (wrongly) didn't participate in the so called tests,but i put it on today and i absolutely HATE it,learn to navigate all over again because people with time on their hands had to ponce with it,no thanks, and if nothing else I want the blue screen back,its part of what the site as been for me,the last four and a half years ,if changes had to be made to advance the site they didn't have to be this drastic.

Comment

I LOVE the preview videos in the forthcoming shoots section but it's a shame they disappear once the shoot goes live. How wonderful it would be if, in several years time, we could look back at the last few years of stuff and see these quick preview videos of every shoot since 2010. Apologies if someone else has asked for this already

Comment

conorsir, that's a cool idea! At the very elast, we could add them to the shoot page. I'm gonna make that happen!

Chief, give it a few weeks. I reckon it'll grow on you.

Comment

Hey Garion,
                                Where are all the LISTS?.
                                I cant find oublic lists, staff lists, members lists, etc??????in the old site they were conveniently under LISTS...kindda easy to find...so are they buried????
                                Thank,
                                Robert

Comment

Robert, read this: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/help...de#MemberLists it should help.

Comment

Hey Frans, thanks...but it is only my list...what all about all the other lists like TRIBBING for example....the most important one Abby offers over all the other sites....where is that one????
                                    Still...too many mysteries to find the lists???

Comment

There seem to be a problem with some tags. They *do* in fact exist but only show up when you do a search for them directly. Try this for tribbing: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/browse?search=tribbing

p.s. bug-report filed for this

Comment

Didn't bother to look if it has been brought up, But I would really like to see movie previews or at least few shoots that can give a clue about the nature of the video.

I find myself going back to the old site for these few pictures and I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one that did this.

Adding such a small preview to the new website is technically simple, Might be a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron155 View Post
                                          Didn't bother to look if it has been brought up, But I would really like to see movie previews or at least few shoots that can give a clue about the nature of the video.
                                          That should be easy to do given that such preview are already shown for upcoming shoots. I'll send in a Feature Request for it.

On the other hand, you can use a low-quality setting for Flash and preview the vids that way quite quickly already. You do know how that works, right? Click on the video thumbnail then on play in the screen on the next page.

Comment

I hate to post about where to post, but if I am going to be forgiven anywhere, I guess it would be here. If you have a design suggestion (simple, small), where would be post and/or send that to. The item in question is, the camera, clap-board icons that indicate whether a shoot is video or photos, please make them link to the same place that the text for the name of the shoot does. They're right next to the picture of the shoot, and they are large enough that they seem like something you should be able to click

Comment

Originally posted by spawn777 View Post
                                              I hate to post about where to post, but if I am going to be forgiven anywhere, I guess it would be here. If you have a design suggestion (simple, small), where would be post and/or send that to.
                                              Hi there, welcome to the site! We've got a Feedback page here

Comment

...The item in question is, the camera, clap-board icons that indicate whether a shoot is video or photos, please make them link to the same place that the text for the name of the shoot does. They're right next to the picture of the shoot, and they are large enough that they seem like something you should be able to click
                                                That sounds to me like a suggestion for improvements we'd like to see in the new CMS2. In that case you can also head on over to the 'The New AW CMS2; Features You'd Like to See' thread and post a suggestion there, in addition of course to the Feedback page as Giselle suggests.

Comment

That should be easy to do given that such preview are already shown for upcoming shoots. I'll send in a Feature Request for it.

On the other hand, you can use a low-quality setting for Flash and preview the vids that way quite quickly already. You do know how that works, right? Click on the video thumbnail then on play in the screen on the next page.
                                                  standby for another four hours, and we should have something ready for you!

Comment

The item in question is, the camera, clap-board icons that indicate whether a shoot is video or photos, please make them link to the same place that the text for the name of the shoot does. They're right next to the picture of the shoot, and they are large enough that they seem like something you should be able to click
                                                    Just click on the very large pic to the right of it? That's the preview pic, nice big target to click on Well for me anyway, I rarely click on the text/titles of a shoot.

Comment

I have a big question concerning the CMS2: Is it only possible to tag models? When you see a models portfolio, there is the possibility to tag it. I haven't found this option when I look at a shooting. When I look at a picture only, I again have the option for tagging....Which brings to another question: How can look for tags and let the results show images only? Not Models or shoots, but images?

What I want to say: If I tag Ela as hairy, and she is shaved in another set, how can I find those different styles?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonato View Post
                                                        I have a big question concerning the CMS2: Is it only possible to tag models? When you see a models portfolio, there is the possibility to tag it. I haven't found this option when I look at a shooting. When I look at a picture only, I again have the option for tagging....
                                                        It is at exactly the same location as when tagging a model. I'll attach a pic at the end of this post.

Which brings to another question: How can look for tags and let the results show images only? Not Models or shoots, but images?

What I want to say: If I tag Ela as hairy, and she is shaved in another set, how can I find those different styles?
                                                        You can select the search-type on the left when on the search screen. It defaults to 'shoots' but you can set it to 'model' or 'images'. Be aware however that the image-type search has problems and is not working fully 100% yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tagshoot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	638265

Comment

You can select the search-type on the left when on the search screen. It defaults to 'shoots' but you can set it to 'model' or 'images'. Be aware however that the image-type search has problems and is not working fully 100% yet.
                                                          Thanks, but how can I chose tags then which are not shown in the list?

Comment

Thanks, but how can I chose tags then which are not shown in the list?
                                                            To add? Just type them

You create tags when you enter a name which doesn't exist yet.

Comment

To add? Just type them
                                                              No, I would like to search for tags which don't show in the left list...If I use the "Search site" box on the upper right side of the screen, the results only show Shoots, not images. If I select "Images" in the "Browse"-Menu, i only have the choice between some pre-selected tags..clicking on "more tags" only brings up some rather confusing dashboard but no possibility to enter a tag to search for.

To make it clear with an example: I want to look for images - not shoots - where girls are wearing socks

How do I manage this search?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X