No announcement yet.

The new AW CMS: features you'd like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way it SHOULD work but currently does not (bug reports have been filed for this) is;

1. Enter 'socks' into search box and click the magnifier glass to start search
    2. On the Left click on Images

Currently that gives you no results after a long wait.

The specific search you want can however be had using this url: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/browse/images/socks

Comment

changeover complete now Frans?

Comment

Originally posted by sterling2 View Post
        changeover complete now Frans?
        According to Garion yes, see http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=12412 . Well, the switchover most people will notice anyway.

Comment

hey Fran....
          So how have you been???
          long time since I asked you for help... its just like old times...
          Now am I doing something wrong or can you not set the picture to open in a new window on clicking it??
          I also would like the tags to be in a nice neat orderly fashion, even in list its all over the place.

Thanks Fran

Pinky

Comment

Note sure what you mean with orderly tags, they are ordered based on how many people vote for/against a tag,. With site-supported tags beings sorted before the others. Not much you can change about that.

Pics opening in a new window, that's the middle-mouse-button You want to set the 'Image display mode' type under My Account to 'just image (no frame)'.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
              I also would like the tags to be in a nice neat orderly fashion, even in list its all over the place.
              Pinky,

Do you mean having the ability to see an alphabetical list of tags? Some have mentioned wanting this and I recently put in a feature request, as indeed you can to reinforce the request or to request what you want

tom

Comment

this feature is coming soon (a few weeks, we expect).

Comment

Browsing Images

Hi AW staff,

can you say when will it work to browse images (not shoots) REALLY FAST and when will it work to enter search terms while broswing images? Right now I have to enter an URL with my search term, for example "http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/images/socks/". When will it work to do this search via the search field?

Thanks and good luck in Amsterdam (please don't forget the lovers of hairy women)!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonato View Post
                    can you say when will it work to browse images (not shoots) REALLY FAST and when will it work to enter search terms while browsing images? Right now I have to enter an URL with my search term, for example "http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/images/socks/". When will it work to do this search via the search field?
                    Both actions should have the same search-result I believe. I'll ask HQ for clarification about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      Both actions should have the same search-result I believe.
                      They still don't. If you use the search field in the images-section, the navigation jumps back to 'shoots', showing no results. If you enter the special URL, it works. I am not very content with the new taggings system. Tagging images is much more important than tagging shoots. If no one uses the feature of tagging images, it's quite useless. I prefered the favorite lists. In total, the new design doesn't make me very happy. Will there be improvements or do I have to live with it?

Comment

They still don't
                        I know, I have a filed a bug-report on it.

In total, the new design doesn't make me very happy. Will there be improvements or do I have to live with it?
                        There will be improvements of course Most of the reasons you state for disliking tags is that searching for images doesn't work correctly, right? That's going to be fixed, any other problems you have with tags? Why did you prefer favourites for example?

Comment

... Why did you prefer favourites for example?
                          For one thing there used to be site sponsored lists. This meant that you could depend on the name of the list containing what it said. Big Boobs had boobs and it pretty much included all of the models that fit. But there was no method of searching outside of Google. Now we have Tags and the searching is just a little better than nothing, you can't use Google and the reliability of contents and inclusivenesss is low IMHO.

SpigBud

Comment

You'd prefer separate 'site-supported/moderated' tags over letting the members vote up/down tags? I remember discussing this among the first testgroup last year. It hinges on getting (more) members (more) involved with no only adding tags but also voting tags down if they don't fit. The question is when we'll reach that point. Maybe some moderated tags wouldn't be a bad idea, although those have to be maintained obviously.

Comment

I think that overtime what Frans a suggests will happen, that more members will start to exercise their inner Caesar and vote entities down when they come across something out of place. The process being aided by, as mentioned in the tag FAQ, "Votes by trusted people (for example, AW staff, or trusted members) may be worth more, 2, 10, 100, 10,000 - it depends." In some ways akin to a moderated tag, perhaps concentrating on those tags of a general utility such as large breasts and ignoring those of a more obviously personal nature, unless they are in some way objectionable.

Mention of such reminds me of an anomaly I spotted whilst browsing said tag, that being, Keilyn is reported as being a model with such attributes, this comes about due to a couple of factors:-

Shoots where she has appeared with another model (Blaire in one instance, who has large breasts) have been tagged as such, thus Keilyn gets included, time for inner Caesar to put in an appearance.

Images and videos from the shoot with Blaire have all been tagged, quite correctly (as Blaire appears) in most cases with the attribute large breasts, thus again Keilyn is tagged by default. This, I think, occurs when tags created by HQ (site maintained as it were) cascade to all entities in that shoot. This has been discussed earlier in the thread and I believe is being worked on. Inner Caesar took one look; 350+ images and went back indoors!

tom

Comment

You'd prefer separate 'site-supported/moderated' tags over letting the members vote up/down tags? I remember discussing this among the first testgroup last year. It hinges on getting (more) members (more) involved with no only adding tags but also voting tags down if they don't fit. The question is when we'll reach that point. Maybe some moderated tags wouldn't be a bad idea, although those have to be maintained obviously.
                                In a word -- YES. Maybe there should be tags and TAGS? With TAGS being more carefully controlled/moderated. I suppose then someone will request Tags and that would require an intermediate level of moderation.

The large breasts tag should only cascade when put onto a model and never to all in a shoot and the pee tag should really only pertain to individual images, but at the same time I realize that it might be interesting to get an overview of which models are doing that kind of shoot. I think there are already 4 levels/sets of tags? (Model, Shoot, Video and Image)? It just doesn't appear to be as clear as lists were (or am I mistaken?). In any case it needs help.

Super Spud

Comment

I know, I have a filed a bug-report on it.
                                  Two months later and no improvement. I am sorry, but I will pause my membership. I still like your content very much, but if I can't browse images for keywords / tags (the 'browse images' tab alone takes a lot of time to load), it doesn't make much sense for me. For a paysite (I consider the best on the adult market) it just takes to long to cope with bug-reports.

Comment

I'm not sure if there's any point in me suggesting features at the moment, but I was thinking that it would be nice if there was a "bookmark" or "wishlist" feature; a way for users to mark shoots that they would like to download and watch, a bit like adding a shoot to one's "faves", but instead the shoot would be added to a wishlist. Basically it would just be a really handy self reminder; there are so many shoots, it's easy to lose track.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                    Working...
                                    X