Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS2 sneek peek: model page

[this rave is repeated for each of these page design threads]

We're busily steaming ahead on our CMS 2 work - redesign of the look and feel, and an entirely new back end. Using the feedback from the other thread in this sub-forum, and collected from emails, the boards and chats with users over the last few years, we're making something that is pretty awesome. Obviously, what we're showing here are screen shots, and you cannot interact with them, and interactivity is a key part of the design, but it'll give you an idea of some of the stuff we're doing.

I stress these are Alpha designs, not locked in stone, not complete, but have been through several design iterations, and are close to where we'll be. The icons are all place-holders. We have imported most of the media added to the site in 2009, so we have some data to play with.

Of course, there are many more pages to come, but here's a taste. Feedback is welcome, but not all feature requests will be implemented for go-live. But, once we do go live, we'll be adding new features. In a few months, we'll be looking for beta testers to try to break stuff.

Model page
    This is a new kind of page, we do not have this on the current site. Now, every model will have her own page, which links to all the shoots that model has appeared in (all types, solo, IM, GG) - WAY better than the current messy method! You can see if there are stills or video, what video qualities, and some basic info on each shoot.
    Attached Files

I love it, so very fresh! Excellent to have all the shoots there on the one page as well as what I assume is a link to our board threads (the "speak to ...." button?). I adore the little ice cream logo too, I got some stickers featuring it the other day and they are all over my house and laptop. There's something so cheeky about it that I just can't explain!

I do have one question... you know how with the current shoot bio pages you can click the tab to see the thread relating to that particular shoot? Is that what the "Shoot Raves" icon is for or is that for our before and after letters?

As far as suggestions are concerned I have just one, although it's not entirely important. It may be considered info overkill or a little more hassle than it's worth but it would be fun to allow for a little more personal information for each model if she chooses to include it. Perhaps a little box in the layout where we could either write a small paragraph about ourselves or list our top 10 most favorite things. Maybe it's just a "girl thing" but I'm always very curious to know if the object of my desire shares similar interests or what her motivations were for posing nude.

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
      I do have one question... you know how with the current shoot bio pages you can click the tab to see the thread relating to that particular shoot? Is that what the "Shoot Raves" icon is for or is that for our before and after letters?
      Ah, just looked at the shoot page thread and answered my own question

Comment

As far as suggestions are concerned I have just one, although it's not entirely important. It may be considered info overkill or a little more hassle than it's worth but it would be fun to allow for a little more personal information for each model if she chooses to include it. Perhaps a little box in the layout where we could either write a small paragraph about ourselves or list our top 10 most favorite things. Maybe it's just a "girl thing" but I'm always very curious to know if the object of my desire shares similar interests or what her motivations were for posing nude.
        Yah, good idea. in the futire, we plan to add a thing where models can post pics of themselves. We should have a little blog on their page as well, huh? Added to the list.

Comment

'Step Aerobics' ain't a Solo shoot

What are those squares/blocks upper-right of shoot sections for? .. never mind, realised it's an icon

More practical, how will that page look for say... Chloe B who has LOTS of shoots?
          (on the same idea; what happens when there's thus LOTS of tags for a model?)

The 'logout' button will ask for confirmation I hope? It's rather close to the "Help' dropdown

I do like the color and layout, though I like the current more light-blue schema as well. I'm glad the navigation (which AW is famous for) remains nicely clean.

Will it be possible to sort the shoots shown on something else than date?

Not sure about this but would it be useful to include fun/make-out/hardcore in the g/g shoot description?

Comment

I don't think it's just a girl thing.
            It would be nice to add some basic infos as year of birth, birthplace and nationality and let the girl add some additional informations she want us to know.

Comment

I agree with Giselle - it would be great if the girls could write a little bio about themselves, whatever they feel like including (whether that's a short paragraph, a 10-things list, whatver). It'd also be fun if some of the regular models could blog, if the CMS will integrate with it. I know quite a few of them post on the forums, but for those who don't - and perhaps to make it easier for those who want to but can't get to the office much, or whose threads are busy - it might be worth looking at? But I'm quite happy with the setup as-is... just a thought for streamlining a little.

The one feature I'd love to add to this would be a "favourite models" list.

Comment

Originally posted by randombrit View Post
                The one feature I'd love to add to this would be a "favourite models" list.
                I think that's under the 'My Favs' right-top of the screen?

Comment

My thoughts

Hello,

I would like to comment quickly from a visual standpoint and just say that I'm not too sold on the white. White is clean and white is professional but I think it seems a little impersonal.

It has a lot of whitespace and a lot of generic icons which, although handy for navigation, make the site look more like a map at a shopping complex. They detract a bit too much focus from the actual content/images. I think also the icons are a bit excessive. For example in the 'models in the shoot' section near every name there is a little generic female head icon. We know that they are all girls, and we assume that most of them won't have 2 or more heads so why the need for the icon?

I agree that the site does need to be made more navigation-friendly and more streamlined and I must say many of the ideas I can see here are brilliant.

Although the thing that I always liked about the abbywinters site is that the whole look of the site is not particularly trendy. The fact that it's not full of Apple-style buttons that have the little reflection underneath. The fact that it doesn't look like it's had thousands of dollars worth of marketing gurus, graphic designers, and image consultants thrown at it.

I think the site is about normal natural people, no fancy polish, no glitzy, "trendy" buttons, just content, lovely, lovely content. I think that if the site does need a change then it should be primarily for the sake of navigation. I would hate to see abbywinters lose the very personal, very natural feel that it has, during this transition.

Hope this helps in some way. Cheers, Kieran

Comment

I noticed from the sample above that Jette is a Leo - Is it possible to also include date of birth? - Jette's B'day is 7/29
                    Happy Belated, Jette

Comment

Thanks for the sneak peek, its going to be great!

Comment

i love it! it looks great and much easier to navigate than the current system

Comment

Yeah, have to agree that it looks better than the current arrangement!

Comment

Of course, there are many more pages to come, but here's a taste. Feedback is welcome, but not all feature requests will be implemented for go-live. But, once we do go live, we'll be adding new features. In a few months, we'll be looking for beta testers to try to break stuff.
                            Model page
                            This is a new kind of page, we do not have this on the current site. Now, every model will have her own page, which links to all the shoots that model has appeared in (all types, solo, IM, GG) - WAY better than the current messy method! You can see if there are stills or video, what video qualities, and some basic info on each shoot.
                            I'm a Mac user, so don't know if beta will be available for me, but I would like to be involved - don't know if I can break stuff, but would like to be updated, in any case, of new things happening at AW - I'm a dedicated member - more than 4 years - would like to hear any news

I started the thread "Birthdays" originally wanting to know and curious about a models birth date (my thanks to Casgrain for keeping this thread going)(mine is Sept 3rd - A Virgo) and especially about their zodiac sign - might their birth dates also be included on the models own page?????

previously I mentioned that Jette was a Leo, July 29th

There are currently around 200 models and members officially listed on the birthdays page - (and more on the bios pages) - (I have more than 225 total)

Keep me in the groove
                            TUVM, André
                            Last edited by andresone; 8 October 2009, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I see the first post about this was almost two years ago. I'm happy with the current interface and know that there are many other things going on, but I'm curious if this is moving forward at any point.

While we're on the subject of things that aren't, any chance we'll have more Backstage offerings soon? I miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by jseas View Post
                                I see the first post about this was almost two years ago. I'm happy with the current interface and know that there are many other things going on, but I'm curious if this is moving forward at any point.

While we're on the subject of things that aren't, any chance we'll have more Backstage offerings soon? I miss them.
                                Hey Jseas,
                                do you mean the first post in this thread? or the first post on the topic of 'changing the website'?

I think the marketing department really needs a kick in the bum - (LOL since I'm in the M dept ) it seems like they haven't really explained that it's not just the interface that's changing. The entire website is being redesigned from the ground up- everything will be different, way cooler and it's happening really soon - there's only about 8 to 10 weeks to go..woo!

Comment

I've been meaning to ask about that - I very much miss the Backstage shoots - not the video Backstage shoots, but the stills shoots that were available a while back - is that still in the works???

Comment

Is there a beta version of the newly revised site?

Comment

Backstage picture set will most likely be coming back - I think we just ran out of people to actually take the photos on the day:
                                      Normally there's 2 models, one photographer and one videographer now on a shoot, -where there used to be an extra set of hands such as Prue, or myself, able to sneak around during the shoot and take backstage shots - now there's no one to actually take the shots.

They're come back for sure - they're a great feature that we wouldn't ever want to scrap...
                                      Last edited by sue-ann; 16 October 2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

The new site is COMING!!

Alpha Testing is due to be released sometime around November 2nd - so in about two weeks! ..then a week or two after that Beta Testing....then GO Live early December......and one or two weeks after that the old CMS(site you see now) will be turned off!

Look out for more official announcements - I'll place a few in the news stream etc. If you're interested in being a Beta Tester - use the feedback form and our amazingly handsome Customer Support men will add you to the list

Comment

Originally posted by sue-ann View Post
                                          .....and one or two weeks after that the old CMS(site you see now) will be turned off!

Lxm

Comment

AWW don't be sad Luxie! I'll give you a cuddle to cheer you up - from what I've seen it's so easy to use you won't need more than a week to get used to it - plus the smart cookies in the editing department are making a video with tutorials... WOO!

Comment

Originally posted by themaskedk View Post
                                              I would like to comment quickly from a visual standpoint and just say that I'm not too sold on the white. White is clean and white is professional but I think it seems a little impersonal.
                                              I have to agree. The white/grey background does give it a colder feel. I've always liked the blue and pink colors on this site. Everything else about the sample pages I've seen here look great! The interface looks much easier and hooray for a real search function!! While I've never found cause to complain about the site, this looks to be a change for the better. Can't wait for the go-live date!

Of course if Sue-Ann is giving out cuddles, I'm sure I'll be sad when the old site disappears too.

Comment

now now....no abusing the cuddle system!

Comment

Yeah, I'll kinda miss the old blue pages. They have served us very well.
                                                  I am seriously looking forward to the new look and the new searching!

Comment

I have no problem with the new layout itself, I just don't like the colour scheme very much.

The blue pages are for me the business card of AW, the white/light gray is in my eyes very sterile and impersonal.
                                                    It looks more like tons of other adult websites on the net and my feeling is that AW somehow looses it's identity.

My 2 cents.

Lxm

Comment

Maybe they could make site skin-able, so we could have a 'default skin' and a 'classic skin'. You can guess which color goes where

I just hope the white isn't to bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post

The blue pages are for me the business card of AW, the white/light gray is in my eyes very sterile and impersonal.
                                                        It looks more like tons of other adult websites on the net and my feeling is that AW somehow looses it's identity.

My 2 cents.

Lxm
                                                        I agree - I think we should keep the blue coloured pages - it's easier on the eyes

I never thought about before, but, yes it makes for an easier read
                                                        Last edited by andresone; 16 October 2009, 05:09 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by sue-ann View Post
                                                          AWW don't be sad Luxie! I'll give you a cuddle to cheer you up - from what I've seen it's so easy to use you won't need more than a week to get used to it - plus the smart cookies in the editing department are making a video with tutorials... WOO!
                                                          Will you be doing the instructional videos in your inimitable (topless ) style Sue-Anne??? Let's hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by andresone View Post
                                                            I'm a Mac user, so don't know if beta will be available for me, but I would like to be involved - don't know if I can break stuff, but would like to be updated, in any case, of new things happening at AW - I'm a dedicated member - more than 4 years - would like to hear any news
                                                            Hi Andresone

You sound like a beta tester we want. Familiarity with the site is a big help, and we'll def need Mac users participating. So, as the amazingly beautiful (as well as kind and generous ) Sue-Ann suggests, please do use our feedback form (the one for "Pics Vids Zips Help"), and we'll put you on the list.

For anyone interested in helping us with beta testing:

(1) You don't need to be a computer geek to take part. Anyone who knows the site can provide fully valuable feedback, even if they don't know anything about computers beyond what they use to enjoy their membership.

(2) Tech knowledge that you will need - and it's crucial - is the information about your system that's asked for on the feedback form (operating system & browser versions, etc.). If you can, also include in the comments section the version of any security software you're running (antivirus or firewall progs like Norton, ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, etc.).

Bear in mind that we need to be able to reproduce the bahaviour you report to us, and we can't do that if we don't know what configuration it shows up under. We don't know how many people will be volunteering for this, so it's possible we'll have to limit the number of participants, in which case requests from members who haven't provided the info about their systems probably won't be accepted.

(3) Before asking to go on the list, please check our minimum specs to be sure that your system is running that stuff or later versions of it.

Lep
                                                            AW Support
                                                            Last edited by Leprechaun; 17 October 2009, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X