X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS2 progress update

Hi guys,

Just a quick update.

We're working our way through the alpha testing phase currently, and making progress. We're also working on planning what features we'll be adding to the CMS next year (now we have this kickarse platform, we need to use it!). Soon, we'll be doing some beta-testing.

We're looking to a mid-December release. Around a week before release, we'll make the site available to all-comers to check out (while still keeping the old site running as well). On go-live day, the old site will be taken down permanently.

When will the beta-test begin (and thus members who signed up for that be contacted) ?

Comment

Garion thanks for the update. I am sure you are hard at work making this a great site for all to enjoy.

Comment

Hello just wondering if select member beta-testing is to begin soon?? If so do we have more of an exact date. Last I heard was late December.

Comment

We fell behind with the alpha tests, so the beta tests will also be a bit later.

I heard that the beta test will start in a very short time from now. The selected beta testers will get a notification email when we are ready.

Lxm

Comment

Hmmm....how long before member beta testing begins now?? Wondering where the coutdown is at?

Comment

Soony!

Lxm

Comment

actually, we're hours away...

Comment

(I'm nervous)

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                    (I'm nervous)
                    No wonder it's getting so hot in Melbourne , fingers crossed.

tom

Comment

(I'm excited)

Comment

Me too Leprechun. I got Firefox all downloaded and am ready to start Beta Testing for you. Thanks for this great opportunity.

Comment

Beta testers, please check your inboxes

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun View Post
                            Beta testers, please check your inboxes
                            Hmmm... nuthin' yet. I'll check again in a bit

Comment

Button marked 'Go to CMS2' on the member news page doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                Button marked 'Go to CMS2' on the member news page doesn't work.
                                Define 'does not work', it should send you to the test site, does it indeed send you somewhere at least? (or does it just load the mainpage again?)

Comment

Does nothing when clicked on.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                    Does nothing when clicked on.
                                    Ah, Internet Explorer I guess? Go to this link:
                                    Last edited by Frans; 11 January 2010, 10:20 PM. Reason: link removed

Comment

Ahh- that link works. Now I can have a look around Thanks heaps.

Comment

I'm glad to see that the 'Soundbites' feature is still available in the new CMS2. I can think of a way that soundbites feature can be expanded to even more exciting things for the media such as generic 'one-liners' and station ID elements, done by the current models. An example of my concept could be liners by a model that say something like 'The hot FM,' 'New rock first,' 'Hip-hop and R&B,' or something even more geniric like 'Here's a look at today's weather.' It's a concept that would be relatively easy to impliment and would only require a minimal amount of studio time for the selected model to read the lines for the mic.

Allthough those kind of liners pertain mainly to radio, the soundbites can also include common phrases like 'Mmm-hmmm,' 'Check it out,' 'That's my favourite,' and 'Y'all come back now, ya hear?' The list is limited only to the imagination and I can see where the soundbites feature can expand even into areas where production companies and radio stations might be willing to hire a specific model to do their station liners or read custom phrases and lines for their productions. Get the idea? I see where the Soundbites section can become increasingly popular among subscribers and potential new sign-ups as well, once the idea is out there that the models actually offer that service.
                                        Last edited by wolfgangbuster29; 12 January 2010, 02:09 AM. Reason: Soundbites

Comment

I just wanted to say what a fantastic job everyone did putting the new site together! There are so many great things about it, just a few general comments:
                                          • I love the whole look an feel of the site, especially the little icons which not only look great but also make the site very intuitive to use.
                                          • The site layout is uncluttered and flexible
                                          • The content is very well organized, the filtering sidebar makes it very easy to find what you are looking for
                                          • The site is very easy and intuitive to navigate around

Congratulations on all of your hard work!

Comment

Best feature I seen so far is you can mark a model as a favourite, which means among other things that they get marked with a little love heart

Its slick and far less clunky then the existing board but will take a little to get used to.

now if only I can find a real bug before garion thinks I'm wasting his time...

Comment

I'm not in on the beta testing but the screen caps reveal some great new "look and feel" and, apparently, substantial new features. Congrats and thanks! I've been meaning to post, as well, that I like the new watermarks I'm seeing on the vids.

Also, as I've been teasing for a couple of years, I take it these revisions will, finally, allow the retirement of Melinda's granny panties on the Member Page!

Comment

I have the latest Firefox 3.5.7 downloaded. can't wait for the much improved AW

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                Working...
                                                X