This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your fave bit of CMS2?

Of course, all of CMS2 is rad, but we'd like to know about your most fave bit. Here's the place for that.
    Last edited by garionhall; 14 March 2010, 09:37 AM.

I'm the first one and its maybe a bit early to say... the total overview is more visual, you can simply see what's a video or photoshoot for instance. The new way of making fav's with the hearts is very easy, fun and cool!
    William... thinking its very refreshing too!

Comment

Well, I've had about five minutes with it and, so far, I particularly enjoy/appreciate the new, informative, and inviting design and operation of the upcoming shoots as displayed on the left side of page.

Comment

Oh boy, where to start. There is just so much. I think it is much easier to navigate through all of the models and their individual shoots and I absolutely love that.

I agree with FloridaRob, the new layout for the upcoming shoots is wonderful and I love the short preview vids included there.

Comment

I like the teaser clips for upcoming shoots, that's a nice 'innovation'

Comment

I love the model countdown clock on the left,thats a great idea, but i m missing the AW trademark skyblue screen

Comment

Seems bright, light, airy. Nice. Everything seems very fast and snappy especially the vids and vid previews. Maybe could involve a few more mouse clicks to do simple tasks than before? Not sure, I'll check some things and get back on this. Overall... bravo! Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by brycselena
                all white is monotonous. all things are given equal value. looks like the same material laid out differently. what's the point.
                Man, all I'm seeing is flesh tones and colorful underwear. There is and extra layer of organization: models, then shoots ( image sets, and videos). The old site did not have a model profile page like the new site does. So you can now go to Rosanna's model profile and see all the shoots she did together in one place.
                Last edited by bookmanz; 20 March 2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Hi
                  i just try the new layout around 15 minutes, so i will have to come back to really make my opinion but, if white lighten surely the webdesign, i have to say i was disturb by the mass of information, i'm keen on very simple and you know efficient but not sophisticated stuctures. I like when there is space or eyes to rest, and here space is full of so many things not always usefull for me, i'm overwhelmed : i explain, its the thumbnails size seems to be smaller (or maybe it's the fact they are less high...) ibut that's the sensation, difficult for me to crush on a video or choose one with this tiny things ; in the older version there was plenty of pictures but you could at the size have really a look on all of them at glance. One of my pleasure was to let my imagination free with a little time to "dream about" with only the thumnail as support, as a comparaison it is like there was a large amount of dishes on a table where you can pick up as you will, or i used the older site like bees gather for nectar, it was not always rational (where the process is very different and i prefer the hy this pict attracts more than other...), here it's not the same process, i prefer the older one (but maybe you have to take into account the fact that changes whatever encounterare always first times resistances).
                  My second remark is about the download, i was not sure i was doawnloading the right episode, it was a little bit confusing what really i was really doawnloading, so i check why the nalme file, but this never happen in the older version.

maybe i'm not representativ of majority, i mean i like spend time and even loose it ! And i don't matter about the indirect links given or suggested... i would prefer instead have visual space...i agree with the notice white everywhere sounds borring at the end...I think this new layout do not really highlight the quality of pictures and visual stuff which is one of the trump card o ABwinters.

Sorry to give only critics i will come back with positiv points later when i used this new version more ahead.

(excuse my "bizarre" english i struggle with foreign langage )

Comment

Hi...
                    i´ve also checked the new CMS2 and i don´t like it. The older versions looks warmer (Coloured) and not so much information at one side.

Why changing a good thing????

Comment

We can all welcome Pouetpouet's heroic effort with our language, (well-done), and the sincerity, tone, and detail of his/her comments.

As I understand it, the site is working with two, nearly unrelated areas of change. One is the actual "architecture" behind how the site works, is updated, and "operated" by those "at the main control panel"!

The other is a loose "collaboration" of the layout and design, the operating systems, for all involved, and the relatively simple issues of logos, colors, and such.

Best we try to comprehend the distinctions. There are things being said about both. I believe both are, still, subject to "tweaking" as management sees fit and, I know, they do listen to comments here, as well as considering a few other issues we, probably, will never comprehend until we, too, are running such a site.

I've suggested that the background colors might be toned down, as have others, and as Pouetpouet tried, so heroically, to convey, perhaps the "busy-ness" might be simplified, here and there. There is a saying, (somewhere), that, just because you CAN do something, technologically, doesn't mean it needs to be done!

I trust that Garion and friends will continue to work on the new site and take into account the heart-felt advice of a few, here, and "do the right thing"!

Else, we send Sue Ann to work him over!

OK! Sue Ann and Patience, too!

Rob

Comment

Was the reprise of Kiki, (Kikki?), this week, a "trick" of the new system? If so, I LIKE it! Cool to see our old friend, the one and only, fabulous Kikki, not only brought back as what we'd have called a "redux", but together with Sue-Ann's original "rave".

I think the idea of bringing back a shoot from one or more years ago, even if published, previously. It is a fine idea. A fresh shoot, without that moniker of "Redux" is so much more appealing! IMHO.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                          Was the reprise of Kiki, (Kikki?), this week, a "trick" of the new system? If so, I LIKE it! Cool to see our old friend, the one and only, fabulous Kikki, not only brought back as what we'd have called a "redux", but together with Sue-Ann's original "rave".

I think the idea of bringing back a shoot from one or more years ago, even if published, previously. It is a fine idea. A fresh shoot, without that moniker of "Redux" is so much more appealing! IMHO.

Rob
                          Hi Rob.

Yes a great idea, Garion has said that the feature may go back for 3 or 4 years. It brings back memories and in one case set me off looking at shoots for a week or so either side.

My faves are My Faves, the tag system and the preview videos in Upcoming shoots.

As for amount of information displayed, you can minimise widgets like Latest Updates by clicking on the minus sign in their title bars. Alas at the moment when you move off the page your settings are forgotten, bug reports have been filed.

tom

Comment

Originally posted by barryvee View Post
                            I like the teaser clips for upcoming shoots, that's a nice 'innovation'
                            Yes, thank you so much for this!!

Comment

A tad irreverent but whilst playing around with the new 'tags cloud style feature' I chanced upon this unintended consequence

Click image for larger version

Name:	tags  cloud list.jpg 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	637764

Some amusing combinations, I must check skin dressing and those shoots featuring large room tattoos

tom

Comment

The hardcore meaty could only be a big old angus beef burger, with bacon.

Comment

Ooooh, I just noticed that there's now a little video preview for each shoot in the "Upcoming Shoots" section. That's awesome!

Comment

I really love the collapsible and movable widgets on the home page. I realized I was getting annoyed with the regular link to the boards. On a laptop it was sometimes tedious to hover over "community" then move over to the "discussion boards" link. I have a hard time going in a straight line sometimes. So, I just moved one of the board widgets up to the top and now i just have to click on the button. Easy-peasy as my momma used to say! Plus, it gives you more control over what information you want to always see.

Comment

Originally posted by toeluvr View Post
                                      I really love the collapsible and movable widgets on the home page. I realized I was getting annoyed with the regular link to the boards. On a laptop it was sometimes tedious to hover over "community" then move over to the "discussion boards" link. I have a hard time going in a straight line sometimes. So, I just moved one of the board widgets up to the top and now i just have to click on the button. Easy-peasy as my momma used to say! Plus, it gives you more control over what information you want to always see.
                                      Oh wow, I didn't realise you could do that until you mentioned it! Very handy, I moved Tags and Feedback to the bottom so I could have Model Posting and Behind The Scenes at the top.

I'm getting the hang of CMS2 now and I really like it. It feels fresh and it's actually the little touches I like the most. As a model it's fun to go to my profile and have all my shoots on the one page and then click "Read Shoot Raves" to see all the backstage pictures I've been tagged in (Wow, blast from the past stuff!). The little 'My Faves' function is cool too, I've been adding all my special lady friends to it so they are there for me at the click of a button. I also like the "One Year Ago" updates and, as I mentioned before, the little 30 second teaser clips for upcoming content.

Comment

Having now had nearly 5 months, both to explore the new site and to use it on a day to day basis, it seems an opportune moment to jot down some thoughts on my fave bits of CMS2.

Overall site is aesthetically pleasing, combining functionality and elegance, accentuated by the retention of colour coding for the shoot genres, allied to the large thumbnail pictures of models on all the relevant pages.
                                        At the time it was first previewed back in August 2009 I had some reservations about the colour scheme, these have been allayed by use and familiarisation, to the extent that I now prefer it the old ‘homely’ look which now appears somewhat fusty and dowdy, an aged and much beloved relative. What stands out for me are the colours in the images, the predominantly grey /white background brings them to the fore serving to further focus ones attention upon them.

The navigation is intuitive and I like features such as:-

The ‘speed’ of the site.

Site search, the ability to search by models names and also by tags assisted by its attendant drop down suggestion box.

The filters on the left hand side of the page allowing one to refine a search, likewise the tags with which this can be taken further.

The models bio pages having all the shoots including backstage clearly displayed.

That links to all the models in a shoot appear on that shoot page, not on a separate page.

Tags and the ability to search using them, both as an initial search and to further refine a search, for example, initially “English girls” then clicking on the relevant tags “outdoors” “getting wet” finally “beach”. Although I miss some of the individuality that lists could provide, comments and the like.

That the Help centre is clearly shown at the top of each page and that on some pages, such as the video page and Multi-Select mode, there’s context sensitive help.

The ability to minimise and/or move widgets round, thus providing for a degree of individual customisation of the member page. I’ve minimised and moved some to bring Upcoming Shoots and Behind the scenes further up the page.

Mention of Upcoming Shoots brings me to the preview videos, a most welcome and splendid innovation.

I’m sure that over the next few months further features will become available as the new site matures and evolves. Over the last few months some have, for example, adding context sensitive help to Multi-Select mode and options for differing styles of tag clouds. From reading the CMS threads others are clearly in the pipeline.

I wrote back in January that an old advertising jingo came to mind when viewing the site "Tasty Tasty very very Tasty". I’ve had neither reason nor occasion to change that impression, rather the reverse.

tom

Comment

hey tom, thanks for the kind (and accurate!) words.

Comment

my favourite part of the stills shoot as to be the button saying'view this shoot on our old site,looking at the new Hannah C stills,thank Christ its there,so i can view the stills properly and not in the new irritating smaller size

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbrody View Post
                                              my favourite part of the stills shoot as to be the button saying'view this shoot on our old site,looking at the new Hannah C stills,thank Christ its there,so i can view the stills properly and not in the new irritating smaller size
                                              You want to go to 'My Account - Preferences' on the new site and set 'Image display mode' to 'original size'.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbrody View Post
                                                chrief, a reminder that is button will not be around for much longer.

Comment

Will there be any lists?

I seem to rememberreading somewhere that lists will be replaced by tags
                                                  does that mean there will not be list anywhere? A favorites list, or some sort of self generated list of favorites or individual pics?
                                                  Inquiring minds want to know
                                                  ciao
                                                  browneyes

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyes2009 View Post
                                                    does that mean there will not be list anywhere? A favorites list, or some sort of self generated list of favorites or individual pics?
                                                    ciao
                                                    browneyes
                                                    You can read more about it here

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyes2009 View Post
                                                      ciao
                                                      browneyes
                                                      browneyes,

On CMS2 itself, more on tags here and just below it on the same page some more information on lists. If you click on My Account at the top of the a page you'll see a My Lists, option this takes to a page form where you can access any list you've created on the 'old' site.

tom

Talking of tags I see that the 'tag bar' has moved from the bottom to the top of model and shoot pages, after a few moments searching at the bottom wondering what had happened to it and then making a few inadvertent searches when wanting to add a tag I've got used to it and like the change.
                                                      Last edited by tom2c7777; 24 April 2010, 03:45 AM. Reason: model and shoot

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                      Working...
                                                      X