Jan 13th 2010: CMS2 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 13th 2010: CMS2 update

We're in the middle of beta testing CMS2 now with a group of members who volunteered. We're getting some great feedback, and working on finishing features and fixing bugs.

Looking like we'll go live for real in a few weeks.

what is a cms2?

Comment

Our shiny new Content Management System, version 2.

The CMS is the software that manages the sites content and shows you what you ask for.

Lxm

Comment

Let me ask. I've seen a few posts regarding the using of Firefox with CMS2. I'm an Apple owner who uses Safari primarily. I do use Firefox on occasion with a few sites that work better on it. Will I need to use Firefox with the new CMS?

Comment

Originally posted by toeluvr View Post
          Will I need to use Firefox with the new CMS?
          No. We test (and support) the current versions of Internet Explorer (8), Firefox (3+) and Safari (3 I believe). I know we have at least one beta-tester using Safari so you can rest assured it will work

Comment

how about anyone with windows 7 frans?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelerJ View Post
              how about anyone with windows 7 frans?
              Windows 7 comes with Internet Explorer 8 so that's supported. If anything win7 is a bit easier for members, 'cos it comes with support for viewing the mp4 files installed.

Comment

so i asked to be a tester but never heard back....

have i missed out on a sneak peak?

Comment

I use Opera and would be happy to beta test with that, if you're looking for any other volunteers!

- Adam

Comment

Hi Jette, Hi Adam

We'll be adding new testers in batches, so it could be a few days or a week before you start, but you're both on the list now. We'll send you an email with instructions once we've got you set up on the CMS2 server.

Anyone else interested? Just drop us a line in the Quickie Feedback box on the home page, or from the feedback page, here:

Comment

I'd love to beta test the new system!

Comment

Hi Deevee

We'd love to have you as a tester. Please contact us as per the post just above yours, and we'll put you on the list.

Comment

Ah, those tasty sneak peeks... of course I would totally ask to be a tester if my internet connection were more reliable at the moment. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                            Ah, those tasty sneak peeks... of course I would totally ask to be a tester if my internet connection were more reliable at the moment. :-)
                            Ah tasty morsels to whet the appetite for the banquet to come, methinks you'll find it's sumptious feast

tom

Comment

I would love the chance to beta test the new CMS. I work at a web development firm, so I can give some (fairly) well-informed feedback. Pretty please?

I'm also pulling for Opera support - it's not my primary browser, but I like using it to, ahem, download media.

Comment

Please contact customer support via the feedback page about becoming a beta tester.

About Opera support, it's not like it will be actively be blocked or something. It likely will work pretty well, we just don't guarantee it The main difference with a officially supported browser is that we (extensively) test with those browsers and promise to make the site work 100% on them.

I did look around the new site with Opera10 and most everything works so far (some minor issue with centering objects, Opera has a different view of the world with such things:-)).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X