No announcement yet.

abbywinters.com AfterDark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garion, not tryign to pick on things but if you are 99% ready to go live, I say go live with it now. I think long time members would enjoy seeing some familiar faces while you are getting settled in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by silkenshadow View Post
      Garion, not tryign to pick on things but if you are 99% ready to go live, I say go live with it now.
      It's like when you build a house, the very last % of finishing take the longest time to get done...

As Garion said already: "Thanks for your patience".

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
        It's like when you build a house, the very last % of finishing take the longest time to get done...

As Garion said already: "Thanks for your patience".

Lxm
        Aye, when all the wee Gremlins come acackling with malevolent glee from their nooks and crannies.

Aye Aye we all give thanks for Patience and I'm looking forward to her AD shoots, as indeed, to all those from the Melbourne team, to whom my best wishes.

tom

Comment

It's good to hear/read people anxiously waiting for AD content While a lot of content is prolly ready, getting it up on the site does need some coordination as well. Best not to mix two big projects (moving to NL / AD) and settle down in NL/Amsterdam first. Get a solid base/site, then go live with AD.

Hmm.. should be easier to shoot edgier stuff over in Amsterdam I think (assuming you'd want to). I seem to recall a certain Angie/Blaire shoot which had to cut a bit, maybe you can invite them back over?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
            It's good to hear/read people anxiously waiting for AD content While a lot of content is prolly ready, getting it up on the site does need some coordination as well. Best not to mix two big projects (moving to NL / AD) and settle down in NL/Amsterdam first. Get a solid base/site, then go live with AD.

Hmm.. should be easier to shoot edgier stuff over in Amsterdam I think (assuming you'd want to). I seem to recall a certain Angie/Blaire shoot which had to cut a bit, maybe you can invite them back over?
            I'd wax lyrical about that prospect or over using the concept as a template for an AD shoot with other models.

I agree about getting settled in first, getting the main business up and running with all the hassles that involves, physical infrastructure, settling in the staff that have come across, recruiting/training new staff, recruiting models, getting a shoot programme underway. Then take A Deep breath!

tom

Comment

Originally posted by silkenshadow View Post
              Garion, not tryign to pick on things but if you are 99% ready to go live, I say go live with it now. I think long time members would enjoy seeing some familiar faces while you are getting settled in the NL.
              as the others have said, but the remaining 1% is what is stopping us from going live, so we have to do that work before we can go live properly anyway... I am thinking a mid-september release is likely (but no promises).

Comment

I understand the move to Amsterdam has delayed the launch of AD which is very understandable. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm sure it's going to be fantastic!
                My question is will AD be incorporated into the current AW site or will it be a separate site
                on it's own. Also is there any info on pricing and what the update schedule of AD will be?
                Good luck with the move,the new AW, and the launch of AD. Thanks to everyone there for giving us the HIGHEST quality adult site on the internet.

[my apologies if these questions have been answered i have not been to the forum lately,
                as it is summer in the US and all]

Comment

AWAD will be a standalone site. At this stage, the pricing will probably be the same as as the solo or IM sub-site, with two new stills and two new video shoots each week, and starting with 10-15 shoots to begin with. If the site proves popular, there will be occasional GG shoots as well.

But, nothing is set in stone yet - this is part of the 1% of work left to do on the AWAD site!

Comment

as a member, can i ask?
                    the new site has a little BDSM feel to it
                    will there be any whippings?

Comment

I'm crazy about the AW style - natural women in real settings, but afterdark looks thrilling. AW are just the people to make this really erotic, not trashy. Bring it on.

Comment

I can't wait to see more either. I love the AW natural women in real setting style, but after dark looks interesting. AW are just the people to make it really erotic, not trashy. Bring it on.

Comment

Not for me...

Originally posted by IslanderRobert View Post
                          I like it, except the trailer uses Quicktime and I dont like using it...I have an expensive video card and I find Quicktime not as good as Windows media player...I am intrigued and looking forward to more...with .wmv format...I hope..
                          Robert
                          It played fine with my Windows Media. You might want to download VLC which is not as fussy and plays well. As for the content, I can think of reasons why AW and some of the models might want offer AD's venue. As I wrote before I would check it out if offered at no cost but would not do a paid subscription. I joined AW's large family of fans because of it's inherent freshness approach; AD, except for familiar models, is a lot like countless other adult sites found on the net. Bottom line...probably good for some...for me--no thanks.

Comment

I don't get it - what's this 'dark' thing supposed to be?

Same shoots, but save on electricity?

Comment

Horse race

Just as there are many ways to win a horse race, here it's different strokes for different folks. If AW adds AD to its site, sure I'll probably watch a few. It's not a make or break for me to change my yearly membership. From the 2 trailers we've seen so far......it's not a winner for me.

AW is doing just fine without AD.....at least INHO.

Comment

I'd love to see some bondage DIM & G/G scenes from the new site. I don't necessarily want Kink.com (Don't get me wrong, I love the site) but I would like a little bit of S&M to tickle that sweet spot between pleasure and pain.

Unfortunately with all the moving abroad, it seems like more information on the site has dried up.

Comment

oh, we're still doing it for sure. The moving countries bit has delayed us, but we're rapidly getting our systems online, and and once we're out of the woodwork, we'll be back on the AD project.

Comment

Hi, Garion,

Will you be able to give us some advance notice when the first Amsterdam shoots are coming up? Anticipating with excitement.

aggie64

Comment

sure, will do!

Comment

I think that site After Dark puts your girls in a very poor light indeed I don`t think I shall join it

Comment

Well, there's one more against. :-/ Okay, so here's a question: what exactly is it about After Dark that squicks people? What I'm wondering here is whether those of you who hate the look of it just think that there is no way glamour can be appealing, or whether you just don't like the way we seem to have done it.

Personally, I can sort of see how that dark, edgy feel of some of the shoots just wouldn't work for people - I know that when I had the concept of After Dark introduced to me, I figured we'd still be displaying that same Abby attitude, and just happen to be a bit more glammed up. When I saw the teaser trailers, I realised that actually, there's something dark and edgy about the attitude and the body language displayed in some of the shoots, and I thought, "Crap, I did it wrong". I guess that's part of the reason I'm dying to see it go up - I do want to know for sure what After Dark is all about, and see if any other girls did what I did, and retained the girl-next-door attitude, despite the glamorous clothes.

Any word yet on when it's all coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                                            Well, there's one more against. :-/ Okay, so here's a question: what exactly is it about After Dark that squicks people? What I'm wondering here is whether those of you who hate the look of it just think that there is no way glamour can be appealing, or whether you just don't like the way we seem to have done it.

Personally, I can sort of see how that dark, edgy feel of some of the shoots just wouldn't work for people - I know that when I had the concept of After Dark introduced to me, I figured we'd still be displaying that same Abby attitude, and just happen to be a bit more glammed up. When I saw the teaser trailers, I realised that actually, there's something dark and edgy about the attitude and the body language displayed in some of the shoots, and I thought, "Crap, I did it wrong". I guess that's part of the reason I'm dying to see it go up - I do want to know for sure what After Dark is all about, and see if any other girls did what I did, and retained the girl-next-door attitude, despite the glamorous clothes.

Any word yet on when it's all coming out?
                                            Hi Immie,

I'm looking forward to AD going live, an opportunity to see another facet of the models we know and love, and of the talents of the photo/videograhers, whether in the model's case that be glammed up, something more edgy or a combination of the two. That mix and variety, the shades, as it were, is one of the attractions. Alas, with the move to Amsterdam there's little chance of reduxes displaying different styles, ahh "C'est la vie".

tom

Comment

Well, tom, I guess we'll just see. :-)

Comment

Hey Immie, I reviewed your AD shoot yesterday and it looks hot hot hot! You did such a fantastic job, I can't wait until it goes live.

Comment

No fair! I want a peek. I'll send you a dozen mallomars.

Comment

Awww, shucks, Michelle. *^_^* Yes, it was a very enjoyable shoot, and I do look forward to seeing how it came out. I just wish the backstage sets would come back too, as there was some hilarity that day.

And aggie, I guess we just have to wait. But I've been impatient as hell for... *thinks* yeah, a while now. ^_^; So I take it there's no specific time for which the release of AD is set?

Comment

Personally, I'm excited for AD go live too. I can see where some people would not care for it though. Even if you do try to keep the same attitude, some members will just not care for the glam. I'm sure the darker lighting will turn some people off as well. The bad part is we've only gotten what i'm sure is a very narrow glimpse into what the site will actually be like. The 2 teasers so far have been sort of vague. They did convey an edgier look and feel with hints at darker themes such as bondage. But, I imagine just like everything AW it's more an expression of the model. I'm sure your set will be fantastic Immie, and I'm sure you didn't do it "wrong". How could you? It's you. And if Michelle thinks it's hot, it's hot!

Comment

I definitely look forward to checking out after dark too. The chance to see some of my great favorites like Cleo and Immie again.
                                                        But as stated before, it will be big fun to see what AW creates on AD.

Newbies may not know of this great Ashley shoot from the old deviations section. A true AW beauty, a little glam, hose or stockings, and dramatic lighting...

And then there was this, Hannah M, hosiery, having a smoke, with a guitar.
                                                        Attached Files
                                                        Last edited by bookmanz; 27 September 2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

We're closer to a release date, but you may have heard, we moved countries recently, so we have some other priorities. Also, a lot of the AD shoots we shot are not as good as we hoped, and so will not be used, so we need to shoot more to get our volume up (Immie, pretty sure yours is a corker, so nothing to worry about there!).

Comment

That shoot of Chloe B better still be going up sometime soonish! She looked pretty good on the samples we've seen so far.. Ok so she usually looks great, but all glammed up was pretty damned nice to see.

I'm happy to see you take your take your time on setting AD up properly. No sense in hurrying it, best to get HQ up and running nicely.. and getting new (dutch;-) models in. Come to think of it, those dutchies might be up for doing AD shoots! Whatever an 'AD shoot' may be defined as, 'cos that's a bit unclear to me right now. A bit more gritty or glammed up, basically outside the regular AW-spectrum (on both sides), that about right?

Comment

Well, that's a relief, Garion. But I can see how it would take a bit of learning on both sides of the camera to get those After Darks right... totally different lighting styles, after all. Though I personally am a total sucker for the old Chiaroscuro.

And hey - we've waited for a long time, we can wait a little longer.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X