Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a setting in IE where one can make sure that an image doesn't get automatically re-sized. It's in Tools/Internet options and it's on the Advanced tab and in the Multimedia section there, 'Enable automatic image re-sizing' can be un-checked. This preserves the file size of the image being displayed and for optimized download.

Comment

Originally posted by penur70 View Post
      2. The resizing of landscape pictures doesn't always preserve aspect. When shrinking the width of my browser, it goes from correct at full width, then only the width is reduced, then height and width is reduced.

Example:
      1090x727 (1.50 / 3:2) - correct
      1023x727 (1.41) - wrong
      911x647 (1.41) - wrong
      646x439 (1.47) - almost right, acceptable
      548x365 (1.50) - correct again

I'm guessing this is intentional and a setting in the image scaling algorithm. In my opinion, there is a simple rule for changing the aspect ratio of images: don't. I hate the stretch modes for viewing 4:3 TV on 16:9 screens, I hate it when TV producers squash or stretch video to fit, give me black bars or cropping any day. And I prefer to see the models in their natural aspect ratio ;-)

// penur
      Hi Penur,

Thanks for pointing out the image resizing bug. I didn't notice it when I first coded it up and tested it, thank goodness for beta testing and your keen eye!

I have corrected the code and tested it thoroughly, please let us know if you still notice any problems with it or anything else.

Thanks again,
      Webdude

Comment

Internet Explorer 8

I think the upgrade is a great move, should be more streemlined access once we all get familiar with the set-up.
        One question, I have found that some sites that use beta can often have broken links when used with IE8, such as Hush-hush.com, I tend to believe this is a glitch in IE8? Do I need to upgrade or download any patches to fix? Thanks

Comment

martys, not sure what you mean by "using beta"? Do you mean in the domain name? If so, I cannot see how that could have an effect. (also, when we go live for real, "beta" will not be in the domain name).

We recommend you do not use IE on principle (cos it's a slow, poorly made web browser, that does not adhere to many standards), but we have ensured the site works well enough in IE 7 and 8 (and "acceptably - just" in IE6). It looks less good in IE in general, however, but you'd have to be pretty picky to notice.

If you're concerned about links not working in IE8, post links to things that are broken for you here on the boards, and others can check in their browsers to see if it's just you, or others. Either way, we need to know, so we can fix them.

BTW, we use and recommend the Firefox web browser.

Comment

Thanks

Cheers, IE8 causes glithes all over the place. Firefox it is. Thanks

Comment

First off, thanks for all the work that you've put into the new site design. I used to work in a web shop and realize just how much time can be spent tweaking the UI to get things "just right" for as many people as possible.

Second, I apologize if my comments are overly anal retentive; more than a decade doing peer review of source code has a tendency to do that to you.

And now, on with the comments.

Icons for "View This Shoot" and "View This Imageset" don't visually reflect their purpose. I didn't know their purpose until I saw the tooltip.

Too much white/gray. On the "Home" page I felt like I was being blinded by so much white. Consider an off-white color to make it less striking. Overall the color scheme is washed-out; it needs something bold and striking (no offense to the models displayed ) to draw the eye to the purpose of each individual page.

Image outline on rollover should be more visually striking than just using a darker shade of gray.

Too much gray on icons:
              • the gears for "My Account" need color to offset from Faves and Help, maybe use green
              • on image viewing, the "Download" and "View larger" icons need color to distinguish from the gray background
              The account information toolbox is well done. It is easily located, has all the necessary information and is easily understandable.

I like how the pages -- especially the image view page -- are sized to my browser window rather than needing to scroll left and right.

There is too much text on the images in "Upcoming Shoots". Sometimes the "Time until..." information displays over the model's face and generally makes the image look way thinner than the 16x9 HD aspect ratio.

Too many "Upcoming Shoots". It's too much information especially with everything else happening on the Home page.

What is the suggested browser width that you are working from? (Eg "Best viewed at 640x480" or something).

I like the page navigation buttons (Previous, 1, 2, 3 Next) on the Shoot pages are large, clear and centered at top and bottom.

The "Previous image", "Next image" arrow icons don't appeal to me. They are a bit large and don't have the same feel as other icons, perhaps because they're not shaded (giving the a 3D feel) and their edges are jagged. Also, they don't line up vertically with the other image tool icons (ie the left-most edge of the "Next image" icon is farther left than the left-most edge of the "Add to faves" icon).

On the image shoot page the Magnifying glass icon is used for both the "Search" action and for "Vew larger image" action.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                initially, the forums will remain styled as they are now. In the near future, they will change to match CMS2.
                Forum supports multiple skins/styles. We could always keep the blue and make the white/cms2 style the new default. I guess it will prolly not be entirely white, would be kinda hard to read text on it a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                  Forum supports multiple skins/styles. We could always keep the blue and make the white/cms2 style the new default. I guess it will prolly not be entirely white, would be kinda hard to read text on it a lot
                  Yea,having the option really sounds great Frans.I sometimes spend all day reading the Forums and my eyes do not get irritated
                  with the blue background.

Thank's for the feedback.

Comment

I'm finding the search engine is too restrictive for searching for models by name. On the old site, for example, a search for "Julia" would be bring up all models named Julia (Julia, Julia B, Julia M,etc) or models with Julia in their name (Julianna). Now the search is restricted to the "suggestions" that pop up for a given name. So if I don't know which "Julia" I'm looking for, I have to type in all names from the suggestions. That or Browse Models by Name and click through the pages until I reach the models I'm looking for. Terribly inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightBlue51 View Post
                      I'm finding the search engine is too restrictive for searching for models by name. On the old site, for example, a search for "Julia"
                      Searching by first part of a name (i.e. 'ang' for 'Angie' among other models) will work when we go live with the site. That it doesn't work now is a bug and it has been reported as such.

Comment

I am closing this thread, as this cycle is complete. Please post now in the latest CMS2 thread.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X