CMS2 RC1 - Friday March 19th, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS2 RC1 - Friday March 19th, 2010

Today we have updated CMS2 with many fixed bugs that you have reported over the past week. We have also added the CMS1 Lists feature.

The KNOWN ISSUES list has been updated. Anything that does not appear there, please let us know (if you have reported something as being broken, and it's not on the known issues list, please report it again).

First Impressions

I was able to move around the prototype of the forthcoming site with relative ease and find most things I was looking for.

Further time will aid my familiarisation.

Overall, I like what I see, but I agree with a previous poster about there being a LOT of WHITE on the pages.

One thing I found (see screen captures below) was that images showed on the front/feature pages but as I drilled down they just did not appear.

I am using Google Chrome 4.0xxxx.

Also, on the page for Anabella and Mia's shoot there was an inconsistency with the placement of the LQ Download details, with the MP4 and MPEG details reversed for the After video (ie the order was different for this video than for the other three videos - see screen capture below).

Thanks for a great site, constantly developing. Cheers, Adam
    Attached Files

Comment

love the overall new look of the site. It has a more modern feel to it now.
      There are two issues I have when viewing videos in flash as the volume level can no longer be controlled and
      you can't jump forward anymore. These are minor issues as I have really enjoyed the short time I've spent
      exploring the site. If only the color scheme were different.[solo and intimate moments color shading seems
      too closely matched on the home page].

Comment

Originally posted by manumit View Post
        One thing I found (see screen captures below) was that images showed on the front/feature pages but as I drilled down they just did not appear.
        Are you using the NL servers? You can check this under 'My Account'. There are problems with those servers, has been reported already. Note that bandwidth checking doesn't work yet in cms2, so there's not work-around for the issue at the moment, sorry!

Also, on the page for Anabella and Mia's shoot there was an inconsistency with the placement of the LQ Download details, with the MP4 and MPEG details reversed for the After video (ie the order was different for this video than for the other three videos - see screen capture below).
        What's wrong on the screen (and thanks for providing a capture, helpful!) is that the text indeed doesn't match the 'LQ' selected option. This is most likely caused by the same problems we're having with the NL servers. It does work when you on the US servers.

p.s. the 'lot of white' is also partially caused by the images (which have colors) not loading for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ron2010 View Post
          There are two issues I have when viewing videos in flash as the volume level can no longer be controlled and you can't jump forward anymore.
          I have filed a bug-report for the flash vids not allowing moving forward unless that part is already downloaded.

Comment

Hmm why the White

Well I can see the idea, but at first glance I have to say WHY? The large amount of white space and the overly cluttered interface doesnt sit very well. The actual interface seems to be a lot quicker and slicker but the actual feel of it, is style over function.
            My gut tells me, that a little less information on screen at any one time and a slightly softer feel would be more appropriate for the intended use of the site. I love the easey access to more detailed information but not all at once. I just hope the old interface remains for a while. I appreciate the need to update the underlying software, but matbe revisit the top layer...Please

Comment

Allocation or Choice of Server ?

Originally posted by Frans
              Are you using the NL servers? You can check this under 'My Account'. There are problems with those servers, has been reported already. Note that bandwidth checking doesn't work yet in cms2, so there's not work-around for the issue at the moment, sorry
              Thanks for the info Frans.

When I checked 'My Account' | 'Preferences' I noted that 'Streaming Quality Video' is set for NL (re bandwidth). I could not find any way to change settings to the USA server. Is it possible to do make that change? And if so, how?

I'm not "using" the NL servers by choice, just logged in and taken what I was given.

Thanks, Adam

Comment

Originally posted by dbmobile View Post
                Well I can see the idea, but at first glance I have to say WHY? The large amount of white space and the overly cluttered interface doesnt sit very well. The actual interface seems to be a lot quicker and slicker but the actual feel of it, is style over function.
                My gut tells me, that a little less information on screen at any one time and a slightly softer feel would be more appropriate for the intended use of the site. I love the easey access to more detailed information but not all at once. I just hope the old interface remains for a while. I appreciate the need to update the underlying software, but matbe revisit the top layer...Please

You can reduce the amount of information displayed by minimising the widgets, click on the minus sign in the title bar of each. Alas, currently your settings are not remembered when you leave the page. Bug reports have been filed.

tom

Comment

When I checked 'My Account' | 'Preferences' I noted that 'Streaming Quality Video' is set for NL (re bandwidth). I could not find any way to change settings to the USA server. Is it possible to do make that change?
                  Not directly, no. If the problem continues please contact customer service via the feedback page.

Comment

Am I not doing something right, but when I click on the "go to CMS 2" link on any of the models pages, then try to click on any image in a set, it doesn't enlarge to a full page image. So how do you see any full page images in a model's set?

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                      Am I not doing something right, but when I click on the "go to CMS 2" link on any of the models pages, then try to click on any image in a set, it doesn't enlarge to a full page image. So how do you see any full page images in a model's set?
                      When you go to set like Roxy's new one. Got to the image set thumbnails like before. Click on the image you want to see. That image alone is then presented in viewer page. You could click on the image once more and make full size. Also on that viewer page you have icons for stuff on the right and a slide show arrows forward and backward.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                        When you go to set like Roxy's new one. Got to the image set thumbnails like before. Click on the image you want to see. That image alone is then presented in viewer page. You could click on the image once more and make full size. Also on that viewer page you have icons for stuff on the right and a slide show arrows forward and backward.
                        None of this works bookmanz. First I see Go to CMS2 under the model's picture in her bio. I click on that, then on that CMS2 page, whether I click on the model's name (tried this with newest model set Janie) or on any of the 5 pics shown, it takes me to the complete image set. On that page, unlike the current site, no matter how many times I click on one of the pics, it does not bring up a full size photo. And the only thing I see on the right side is current selection, fave, clear and an info icon. I don't see any slide show arrows. So....what's wrong?

Comment

laktor, so you are on THIS page, correct? That page has no 'slide show errors' that's fine.

Say you click on the first pic you see what happens?

You *should* end up on THIS page which shows a single still. Yes it's still not fullsize, but first tell us if you get to that page at all?

If you ARE on that page clicking on the picture itself should bring you to THIS page which has only the picture, showing as fullsize as your browser allows.

So, where do you end up and what do you ?

Comment

I just found out the problem Frans. The multi-select mode was on, but I have no idea how it was turned on as I didn't click on it. With it on, none of what you describe is possible. You can only click on pics to select your favourites. I didn't know how to turn it off, until I maneuvered my mouse over the green part and a red x suddenly appeared, which I clicked on to exit this mode. When I did that and clicked on any single pic, everything worked fine as you and bookmanz described it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                              I just found out the problem Frans. The multi-select mode was on, but I have no idea how it was turned on as I didn't click on it. With it on, none of what you describe is possible. You can only click on pics to select your favourites. I didn't know how to turn it off, until I maneuvered my mouse over the green part and a red x suddenly appeared, which I clicked on to exit this mode
                              That is strange, when multi-select is active you should see a small window which tells you how many items you have selected. Did you see that window at all?

What browser were you using when this occured? Please do report if it happens again.

Good on you to figure out by yourself though, congrats!

Comment

Out of curiosity, will there be alternative color schemes?
                                The white/very pale gray backgrounds are nice, but they may be too bright in low light situations.

Also, is the CMS2 feed supposed to be updating?
                                As you can see below, the latest updates list 3 models which have yet to appear in the main feed.
                                Plus I would have expected Jasmine to be above Viola in the main feed (Note that for Viola's shoot, the date in the Latest Updates list and the date in the main feed do not match).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                  That is strange, when multi-select is active you should see a small window which tells you how many items you have selected. Did you see that window at all?

What browser were you using when this occured? Please do report if it happens again.
                                  Yep, I saw that window. I use Firefox all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherObserver View Post
                                    I would have expected Jasmine to be above Viola in the main feed (Note that for Viola's shoot, the date in the Latest Updates list and the date in the main feed do not match).
                                    Shoots consist of a stills and a video part. For some reason solo-vids and girl/girl vids are currently not listed on the 'latest updates' widget, but they ARE listed in the main column. Have filed a bug on that already, it's confusing huh?

Anyway, the only 'Viola' line in the 'latest updates' is about the stills part of her shoot. That indeed went live on friday so it does match.

Comment

For me, the new site is not keeping as up-to-date as the old one. At present, the latest update is Viola's video of 20 March (BTW that video doesn't appear on my updates list at all), and the Christen shoot of one year ago. There have been 5 updates since on the old site. Also the 'behind the scenes' pics last update was 5 days ago, pic of Mykala.
                                      I am on the NL server, and have experienced the problem of pictures not downloading - is the delay in updating related?
                                      I should add that I'm enjoying getting to know the new site, and making a Faves list, which is very easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Screwloose View Post
                                        For me, the new site is not keeping as up-to-date as the old one. At present, the latest update is Viola's video of 20 March (BTW that video doesn't appear on my updates list at all), and the Christen shoot of one year ago. There have been 5 updates since on the old site. Also the 'behind the scenes' pics last update was 5 days ago, pic of Mykala.
                                        I am on the NL server, and have experienced the problem of pictures not downloading - is the delay in updating related?
                                        I should add that I'm enjoying getting to know the new site, and making a Faves list, which is very easy to understand.
                                        There does seem to be a problem with the NL servers and the beta site, bug reports have been filed, fingers crossed for a quick fix. I've noticed the problem you mention with Viola happens with a few others (Dita, for example), once again BF.

Comment

I like the layout on the new site, and the search is much easier to use...

But why is there so much white? Anyone able to answer? Some muted pastel colour in the background, blue or green or something would make it so much nicer. One thing I liked about the old site is that it always felt welcoming, this new one seems more like an examining room though

Boo! down with white

Ps: Also has anyone else had trouble with the preview thing? It seemed to have an annoying habit of skipping to the beginning when I was trying to seek, it works in the new site preview vid so I assume I'm doing something wrong but if someone else can check it out it'd put my mind at rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ron2010 View Post
                                            love the overall new look of the site. It has a more modern feel to it now.
                                            There are two issues I have when viewing videos in flash as the volume level can no longer be controlled and
                                            you can't jump forward anymore.
                                            ditto

Comment

please submit a bug report?

It's valuable for multiple people to submit bug reports, beacause when you do, we get to know what operating system and web browser you're using. Many bugs are browser dependant, resulting in a "works for me" response.

Comment

I see the volume-control for Flash has been added, nice job!

And flash-fast-forward works too, progress on the move!

Comment

I see the volume-control for Flash has been added, nice job!

And flash-fast-forward works too, progress on the move!
                                                  Or poetry in motion and widget 'changes' now remembered, also a new 'box' in My Account preference to enable image resizing.

tom
                                                  Last edited by tom2c7777; 1 April 2010, 09:01 AM. Reason: widgets

Comment

see, it's true, we really do listen, and more importantly, act! (the page colour thing, not so much)

Comment

I think the widget's are very useful because there is so much stuff (all good) in the members home page that folks will want to prioritize the layout how it appeals to them. For example, for me Upcoming shoots and Behind the Scenes are important. So I think this works well for me.
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

Did you know that layout is stored so that it will persist on several browsers? Or possible I'm the only one who looks at AW using several different browsers?

Comment

I have some comments to make but gotta sort them in my head first so I can write.

The one thing I wanted to say immediately is that I do kinda miss the lists and though I think it is partly a good thing that new public ones can't be created because their were some rather tawdry titles being given, it would be cool if we can still make our own private lists. I know you can favourite or tag images but can you put them in different groups/folders (kinda like individual playlists on Iturnes) so they're not all bundled together?

I am not so sure about letting members tag everything as for example Emily P has been tagged as hairy which is plainly ridiculous to anyone who views the set. Is there still a way to report if you think a tag is not appropriate to a model and should be changed? I think for things like "natural bush", "girl cum" etc it was better when staffers were tagging them or putting them in lists. Other tags can be put on by members but these simple ones are only useful if properly used by people.

Anyway more soon about the other features, many of which I like, a small few which I don't think are really improvements and a small few things I miss about the previous site. It's generally good though.

SF

Comment

Did you know that layout is stored so that it will persist on several browsers? Or possible I'm the only one who looks at AW using several different browsers?
                                                            Frans, how many browsers can you comfortably wield in your beta battles. My mouse fingers & mind grow weary if try use both IE and Firefox. No, Sir I did not know that but I am not surprised that AW new CMS is designed to do so.

Originally posted by sweatyfox View Post
                                                            I have some comments to make but gotta sort them in my head first so I can write.

The one thing I wanted to say immediately is that I do kinda miss the lists and though I think it is partly a good thing that new public ones can't be created because their were some rather tawdry titles being given, it would be cool if we can still make our own private lists. I know you can favourite or tag images but can you put them in different groups/folders (kinda like individual playlists on Iturnes) so they're not all bundled together?

I am not so sure about letting members tag everything as for example Emily P has been tagged as hairy which is plainly ridiculous to anyone who views the set. Is there still a way to report if you think a tag is not appropriate to a model and should be changed? I think for things like "natural bush", "girl cum" etc it was better when staffers were tagging them or putting them in lists. Other tags can be put on by members but these simple ones are only useful if properly used by people.

Anyway more soon about the other features, many of which I like, a small few which I don't think are really improvements and a small few things I miss about the previous site. It's generally good though.

SF
                                                            Good points. People are crazy sometimes, and like you mentioned with the lists, they'll do crazy things with tags. I hope that AW staff tagging carries more weight than members. Sweatyfox, did you see the feature where members, and I assume AW staff, can vote tags up or down?

I am interested in how the tags work out. I hope it will help the existing members enjoy the site more. I have other thoughts on Tags, that I am going to post as comments on the tags thread.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X