Image Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Sizing

So, I routinely expand my browser to the full size of my display. Every time I open a thumbnail from a CS2 gallery (in a new tab), it's much smaller than the browser window, and I have to click it again to make it full-size. (Full-size in the sense of the actual image dimensions.) That wasn't the case in the CS1 - images always opened full size. But now I have another "click" to go through.

This really is intended as constructive feedback about the new interface, and the behavior I'm seeing may be restricted to my favored browser, Omniweb, on a Mac, which also doesn't "auto-scale" images.

Originally posted by M1n1slu2 View Post
    This really is intended as constructive feedback about the new interface, and the behavior I'm seeing may be restricted to my favored browser, Omniweb, on a Mac, which also doesn't "auto-scale" images.
    Nope, has nothing to do with your browser. It is intended behavior for the new site, it scales the image so it fits inside the page you're viewing. If you click on that pic you get the fullsize one (and at that point your browser might mess up by resizing/scaling THAT pic) .

Comment

Yeah, I tried Safari with the same results - I probably should have posted this to the "New Feature" thread; sorry.

Even though I often use a laptop, I prefer to view the full-size (albeit, not the XL) images. So the extra mouse click is a "usability" issue. Maybe there could be an account setting that would make the old behavior available.

Comment

You can file a feature-request to disable AW auto-resizing the stills here; http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/help/support , make sure to select 'Feature Request' tab. I think I've seen it mentioned as a request once but not sure if the poster file a request for it.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X