Models tab vs models filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Models tab vs models filter

Not sure if this is a bug or by design (or if it's been covered before), but try this:

1. Search for a model, let's say daria
    2. The results show her shoots. But I want to see her model page, so the first thing I do is click the 'models' tab... but alas it takes me to the full models list.

I eventually figured out I need to click the models filter, and then the model page will appear.

I can handle this now I know, but it was frustrating at first. When I search for a model, I would expect to see the model page in those results - that would reduce the need for worrying about the filters and possible confusion.....? Even if I start from the models tab, and then search, the search results always activates 'shoots' as a filter. Shouldn't it activate 'models' as well? and possibly images and videos too?

The filter has to make a choice between those four options, esp. images gets waaaay to many results than most will need. Most common are searches for shoots or models. The default as you noticed is 'shoots'.

A possible feature-request could be to filter-by-model when the search was started from a 'Browse -> Models' page. Not sure if that would confuse people though.

Comment

Personally I think the search results should include shoots and models in the results by default. That is only going to one or two extra results, and saves clicks if you're look for the model page

Comment

we used to have it that way, but it's kinda confusing - if you search for "cat" only, you get effectively double the results - every MODEL page, and every SHOOT she appears in.

(Originally, we had it show images AND videos as well, but we removed it cos it was too confusing. it's a shame, cos it's logical if you're a nerd, and cool in many ways, but we have to make it easy to use, first. I am toying with the idea of a "pro" version of the site, with features like this).

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          ... possible feature-request could be to filter-by-model when the search was started from a 'Browse -> Models' page. Not sure if that would confuse people though.
          I thought that was the way that it did work initially. Seems pretty logical that way

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X