Cool/Interesting Links and Pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A TROUBLING MOOSE

Pogo Moose Incident - Bracebridge , Ont, Canada - 1 hr. 45min. north of Toronto .
    'They were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles.
    The moose are rutting right now and very agitated.
    He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables.
    When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment,
    the moose went up with them.
    They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem.
    He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground.
    He was a huge 60 inch bull and slightly pissed!'
    Attached Files

Comment

That last photo is really a moost-see!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid_2_3039036123@web45210_mail_sp1_yahoo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	640329The Arrogance of Authority

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas , and talked with an old rancher.

He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."

The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there.....", as he pointed out the location.

The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !"

Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher.

"See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land !!

No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear......do you understand ?!!"

The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....

(I just love this part....)

"Your badge, show him your BADGE........ ! !"

Comment

Hahaha! That bull appearently heard the stupid remark the cop had for the farmer. That'll teach that arrogant SOB cop!

Comment

a sled with speed [snowmobile]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sterling3; 2 March 2011, 04:21 PM. Reason: a harley sled????

Comment

new final ride
              Attached Files

Comment

that'll teachem
                Attached Files

Comment

things to be warry of
                  Attached Files

Comment

places

some part of a slide show i got in an email
                    Attached Files

Comment

THE RULES OF RURAL NEW YORK

Yes, there is a huge state beyond New York City and it is called Upstate New York. It has some beautiful large cities and is also full of MANY, MANY small towns and abundant farm land which we call Rural New York. Here is someone's take on "Rural New York," and it's quite accurate.

Listen up City Slickers!

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap around straight ... your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way. I drive a pickup truck because I want to.

4. They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-90 & I-81 go west and south - - use em.

5. So you have a $60,000 car ... we're impressed. We have $250,000 combines - to harvest corn and soybeans - that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person in rural New York waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat meat, taters & gravy, beans & biscuits, and homemade pie. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available down at Jim's bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women,regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak or chicken. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices - salt, pepper, and ketchup. Oh, yeah ... We don't care what you folks in Chicago call that stuff you eat .... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI !!

13. You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long blonde hair.

15. The Syracuse Orangemen and high school football are as important here as the Giants and the Jets and more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards .... it spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have Cornell University, Ithaca College,Syracuse U., Colgate, the SUNY system, Community Colleges, and Voc-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and Country, and they still wave to everybody when they come home for the holidays.

18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music anyway. We don't want to hear it any more than we want to see your boxers. (Refer back to #1.)

19. Four inches of snow isn't a blizzard - it's a flurry. Drive in it like you got some sense, and DON'T take all our bread, milk, and eggs off the grocery shelves. This ain't Alaska! Worst case ... you may have to live a whole day without croissants. Anyway ... the pickups with snowplows will have you out the next day.

20. If you've never been here, come visit our friendly folks and enjoy our spectacular scenery - lakes, farmland, great fishing and hunting, wineries, museums, lots of history. Take a boat ride on the Erie Canal. Check out Niagara Falls and the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains. Enjoy the best fishing in the country on Lake Erie and the Niagara River near Buffalo.

21. By the way ... if you want to talk to God in New York, it's a local call.

HAVE A GREAT DAY FROM RURAL NEW YORK

Comment

-Beautiful time-lapse video over El Teide - (best viewed in full screen)

Last edited by tjsunray; 18 April 2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

beautifully done

Comment

Originally posted by sterling3 View Post
                            beautifully done
                            Yea !...sterling3..takes one's breath away,doesn't it !...same as the AW girls.
                            Last edited by tjsunray; 18 April 2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Fantastic footage for my production library. Thanks, Sunray!

Comment

- Alone But Not Lonely -

Name:	beach-alone.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	640465

Name:	1259419265GkLldhr[1].jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	640466

Name:	1260800786zGgqTSb.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	640467

Name:	1276922877lcab242[1].jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	640468

Name:	12535414795wU9aJC.jpg
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	640469

Comment

Name:	acid_picdump_33.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	640470

Name:	aurora.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	640471

Name:	daily_3.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	640472

Name:	12287153357IN5AUx.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	640473

Name:	1230739115JlH7pTn.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	640474

Comment

http://www.terrisfp1.com/holidays/chick.html you've been egged

Comment

Name:	rug693937.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	640495

Name:	rug209617.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	640496

Name:	rug317551.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	640497

Name:	rug282123.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	640498

Comment

Name:	Helmets1.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	640499

Name:	Helmets4.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	640500

Name:	Helmets2.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	640501

Name:	Helmets3.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	640502

Comment

Name:	imageswindow-cleaner1[1].jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	640503

Damn Window Cleaners !...they never get it right !

Comment

A Moment in the Day of the Panda

Name:	image00111.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	640504

Mum...can you come and get me ?

Name:	image00222.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	640505

I'm taking my bath...you'll have to get down on your own !

Name:	image00333.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	640506

Kung Fu Panda...bring it on !

Name:	image00444.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	640507

On the count of three...Lift !

Name:	image00555.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	640508

Does this this log make my butt look big ?

Comment

Name:	image00666.jpg
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	640509

Betcha can't see me...?

Name:	image00777.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	640510

Oops !...slight miscalculation

Name:	image00888.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	640511

You go !...i'll just stay here and rest my head a bit.

Name:	image00999.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	640512

It wasn't me !...i didn't steal this bamboo shoot !...i was just sitting here, i swear !

Name:	image0101010.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	640513

I'll give you 2 seconds to get off me, or i'm calling mom !

Comment

Name:	image0131313.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	640514

Dear Martha Steward...I have this brown stain on my nice, white, fluffy butt...

Name:	image0151515.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	640515

I can't believe that i'm stuck in this tree again...what's the matter with me ?

Name:	image0171717.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	640516

Pandas looking for lost ear-rings

Name:	image0191919.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	640517

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

Name:	image0181818.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	640518

Absolutely nothing accomplished...a perfect day for a Panda.

Comment

What Does A Trillion Dollars Look Like

Name:	10k.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	640544
                                                  $10,000
                                                  - A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000...fits in your pocket easily.

Name:	million.jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	640545
                                                  $1 Million
                                                  - Believe it or not,this is a pile of $1 Million Dollars ( 100 packets of $10,000)

Name:	images.jpg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	640547
                                                  $100 Million
                                                  - While a measily $1 Million looks a little unimpressive...$100 Million looks a little more respective..fits neatly on a standard pallet.

Name:	pallet-x-10.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	640546
                                                  $1 Billion
                                                  - Now we're talking.

Name:	trillion_.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	640548
                                                  $1 Trillon
                                                  - Is the number we've been hearing about so much...it's a Thousand Billion.

Comment

Name:	pallet_x_10000.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	640549
                                                    $1 Trillion
                                                    - It appears that there are 1000 pallets (100 billion) on the length (vertical) side and 50 pallets (5 billion)facing front.
                                                    there are 5 x 100 = 500 billion in each level.

Name:	pallet_x_10000_x_11.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	640550
                                                    - The US National Debt back in 2009 was 11 Trillion ( as per pic.above)...It is now in 2011 14.5 Trillion.

P.S. I think i need to go for a nice brisk walk and clear my head.
                                                    Last edited by tjsunray; 4 May 2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

aaahhh they make my feet feel funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                                                        aaahhh they make my feet feel funny!
                                                        Ha Ha...Must have something to do with the funny feeling we would all get on the way to the bank ..

RYL tj
                                                        Last edited by tjsunray; 4 May 2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Name:	rams.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	640564Click image for larger version

Name:	gnomes.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	640565Click image for larger version

Name:	helper.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	640566Click image for larger version

Name:	bears.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	640567Click image for larger version

Name:	more bears.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	640568 use of dead trees in a park

Comment

if you need an xray go here first

Name:	boobs.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	640573Click image for larger version

Name:	boobs b.jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	640574Click image for larger version

Name:	bones.jpg
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	640575Click image for larger version

Name:	legs.jpg
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	640576Click image for larger version

Name:	shoes.jpg
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	640577see almost everything

Comment

That's liable to get alot of airport security officers hot & horny in an instant. >chuckle-chuckle<

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X