Cool/Interesting Links and Pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Goal

Finland won Russia 3-0 in the World Championships last night.

Those who know ice hockey might like this 1-0 goal by young Mikael Granlund.

yusa

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
      Finland won Russia 3-0 in the World Championships last night.

Those who know ice hockey might like this 1-0 goal by young Mikael Granlund.

yusa
      An amazing goal alright !...unfortunately Canada bowed out early (again !)...enjoy the all-Nordic final on Sunday.
      Last edited by tjsunray; 14 May 2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

REFLECTIONS

Click image for larger version

Name:	acid_picdump_82.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	640611

Name:	124317674851vmgkV.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	640612

Name:	1260772436lli8y1r.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	640613

Name:	_329.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	640614

Name:	1230078546qJhyiNg.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	640615

Comment

Name:	1233762795g6Wh9Se.jpg
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	640616

Name:	1231329792n5WrsUn.jpg
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	640617

Name:	1241586185iTsu4Ab.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	640618

Name:	rock.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	640619

Name:	mirror-clouds-700x469.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	640620

Comment

Name:	1279340973Ja1F67U[1].jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	640621

Name:	1233677972uuq5ZKL.jpg
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	640622

Name:	02-378863673_760cb1e960_b.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	640623

Name:	1230735987bLY4V8n.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	640624

Name:	1242557099Q1vUTCK.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	640625

Comment

Name:	1292563579cBKKFGM[1].jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	640626

Name:	123621973978B5JVT.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	640627

Name:	Norway-102-by-lonelywolf2-700x459.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	640628

Name:	stunning_landscape.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	640629

Name:	1286255187fQeb6bB.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	640630

Comment

very very cool photos, tj! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hippoid View Post
                  very very cool photos, tj! thanks!
                  Thank's hippoid...I think we can all agree that pictures of our beautiful AW models and nature just seem to go so well together...

RYL tj

Comment

cats and potholes go well together

car swollowing hole
                    Attached Files

Comment

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/graphics/...line/flash.htm space station

Comment

With age comes wisdom and sometimes inspiration

The first day of school our professor challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being..

She said, 'Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?'

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, 'Of course you may!' and she gave me a giant squeeze..

'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked.

She jokingly replied, 'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...'

'No seriously,' I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!' she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake.

We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this 'time machine' as she shared her wisdom and experience with me..

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. She loved to dress up and she revelled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.

At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.

Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, 'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, ' We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humour every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die.

We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!

There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up.

If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.

Anybody! Can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets.

The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets..'

She concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose.'

She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those months ago.

One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.

Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

When you finish reading this, please send this peaceful word of advice to your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it!

These words have been passed along in loving memory of ROSE.

REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

'Good friends are like stars..... ......You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.'

--

Comment

-CN Tower Edge Walk-

Just how far are you willing to ------> go for a Thrill ?

p.s.... IT IS IN MY CITY, but i don't think i will ever do it !
                          Last edited by tjsunray; 15 June 2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                            CN Tower Edge Walk
                            Looks like a good view -- I'd be keen to do it.

Comment

Seems all it would take is one slip and you'd be good as dead.

Reminds me of one of the stupidest things I ever did when I was a kid, I rode the elevator up to the top floor of a new, 30-floor building that was still under construction, windows had not yet been installed around the parameter of the outer walls of the building on that floor and there were some pretty good gusts of wind whippin through there at the time. But there I was, venturing from the elevator and precariously toward the openings where the windows were to be, no kind of way to prevent me from being sucked out of there by the next strong gust of wind that would come through had I hung out up there for much longer than I did.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                Seems all it would take is one slip and you'd be good as dead.
                                Wolf...they'll be attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system.

you'll get a better picture if you click on the top( main pic.)...but what i can see happening is that some idiot,and there always is one !

will(as if to jump) just end up hanging partially over the edge...you know what i mean ?
                                Last edited by tjsunray; 16 June 2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by violetafan View Post
                                  Looks like a good view -- I'd be keen to do it.
                                  I also just remembered, laktor(yes! our laktor!) also showing interest (lives in Toronto also) in a wish list addressed to and in Gretchen's thread.

Comment

Oh no! pure terror! (suffer from vertigo )

Comment

louises email to me
                                      Attached Files

Comment

john deeres are green
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Warning : Slideshow, feeling Nostalgic ?

......>ROCK STARS: Then and Now<.......

(Time is not kind to anyone)

Comment

WTSP 10-News, caught on video: Shark Jumps Over Surfer

Comment

Subject: Going Green? ----very good

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren’t good for the environment.

The woman apologized to him and explained, “We didn’t have the green thing back in my day.”

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right, that generation didn’t have the green thing in its day.

Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But they didn’t have the green thing back in that customer's day.

In her day, they walked up stairs, because they didn’t have an escalator in every store and office building. They walked to the grocery store and didn’t climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time they had to go two blocks.

But she was right. They didn’t have the green thing in her day.

Back then, they washed the baby’s diapers because they didn’t have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts – wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that old lady is right, they didn’t have the green thing back in her day.

Back then, they had one TV, or radio, in the house – not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana .

In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn’t have electric machines to do everything for you.

When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, they didn’t fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn’t need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she’s right, they didn’t have the green thing back then.

They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water.

They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But they didn’t have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service.

They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances.

And they didn’t need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then
                                              - Steve

Comment

To sterling 3 i so enjoyed your story on the "little old college student" Rose , i do volunteer work with the elderly and i believe the handing down of knowledge and life's experience's from generation to generation with a some new bites thrown in keeps life ticking but some how the young today either dont want to know or have to many gadgets to stop them asking the generation before.

Comment

kids today dont take things apart and put them back together like we did back when ,and all got hands on experience that way and learn why things moved and how

Comment

Originally posted by sterling3 View Post
                                                    kids today dont take things apart and put them back together like we did back when ,and all got hands on experience that way and learn why things moved and how
                                                    No, they go for high score on violent video games. Makes a bloke wonder.

Comment

No, they go for high score on violent video games. Makes a bloke wonder.
                                                      Back on-topic we go.

Darling Harbour is home to the world's largest IMAX domed theater? You bet!

Get a look behind the scenes at the showing of the new Hubble 3-D space documentary, plus some tidbits about the Hubble itsself and the wonders of our univers it has revealed to us in recent years.

By the way, anyone here in our forums had chance to see this film yet?

Comment

... the new Hubble 3-D space documentary ...

By the way, anyone here in our forums had chance to see this film yet?
                                                        Yep, watched the Hubble short film a while ago (in 2D).

Was worthwhile for the visuals -- shuttle take-off; the telescope itself, and some of its images.

I remember part of the narrative being off-putting (though not which part); the descriptions of space-walk hazards and of some of the astronomy were interesting though.

Comment

Reminds me of my drive to work

This reminds me of my drive to work when I was running late, only the obstacles were people and cars, not cones or cans.

Comment

not your aveage blond joke

THE BLONDES ARE BACK!
                                                            A blonde & her husband are lying in bed
                                                            listening to the next door neighbor's dog..
                                                            It has been in the backyard barking for hours & hours.
                                                            The blonde jumps up out of bed and says,
                                                            "I've had enough of this".
                                                            She goes downstairs.
                                                            The blonde finally comes back up to bed
                                                            and her husband says, "The dog is still barking,
                                                            what have you been doing?"
                                                            The blonde says,
                                                            "I put the dog in our backyard,
                                                            let's see how THEY like it!
                                                            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                                            Two Blondes With Hammers...
                                                            Lynn & Judy were doing some carpenter work
                                                            on a Habitat for Humanity House.
                                                            Lynn was nailing down house siding,
                                                            would reach into her nail
                                                            pouch, pull out a nail & either toss it
                                                            over her shoulder or nail it in.
                                                            Judy, figuring this was worth looking into, asked, '
                                                            Why are you throwing those nails away?'
                                                            Lynn explained, 'When I pull a nail out of my pouch,
                                                            about half of them have the head on the wrong end
                                                            & I throw them away.'
                                                            Judy got completely upset & yelled,
                                                            'You moron! Those nails aren't defective!
                                                            They're for the other side of the house!'
                                                            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                                            Did you hear about the two blondes
                                                            who froze to death in a drive-in movie?
                                                            They had gone to see 'Closed for the Winter.'
                                                            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                                            You might have to think twice about this one.
                                                            A blonde hurried into the emergency room late one night with the tip
                                                            of her index finger shot off. 'How did this happen?' the emergency
                                                            room doctor asked her.
                                                            'Well, I was trying to commit suicide,' the blonde replied.
                                                            'What?' sputtered the doctor. 'You tried to commit suicide by shooting
                                                            off your finger?'
                                                            'No, silly the blonde said. 'First I put the gun to my chest, &
                                                            then I thought, 'I just paid $6, 000.00 for these implants...
                                                            I'm not shooting myself in the chest.'
                                                            'So then?' asked the doctor.
                                                            'Then I put the gun in my mouth, & I thought, 'I just paid $3,000..00
                                                            to get my teeth straightened I'm not shooting myself in the mouth.'
                                                            'So then?'
                                                            'Then I put the gun to my ear, & I thought: 'This is going to make a
                                                            loud noise. So I put my finger in my other ear before I pulled the
                                                            trigger.
                                                            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                                            A blonde was driving home after a game & got caught in a really bad
                                                            hailstorm.... Her car was covered with dents, so the next day she took it
                                                            To a repair shop. The shop owner saw that she was a blonde, so he
                                                            decided to have some fun... He told her to go home and blow into the
                                                            tail pipe really hard, & all the dents would pop out.
                                                            So, the blonde went home, got down on her hands & knees & started
                                                            blowing into her tailpipe.... Nothing happened.. So she blew a little
                                                            harder, & still nothing happened.
                                                            Her blonde roommate saw her & asked, 'What are you doing?' The first
                                                            blonde told her how the repairman had instructed her to blow into the
                                                            tail pipe in order to get all the dents to pop out.
                                                            The roommate rolled her eyes & said, 'Uh, like hello!
                                                            You need to roll up the windows first.'
                                                            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A blonde was shopping at Target &
                                                            came across a shiny silver thermos.
                                                            She was quite fascinated by it, so she picked it up & took
                                                            it to the clerk to ask what it was.
                                                            The clerk said, 'Why, that's a thermos.....
                                                            It keeps hot things hot, And cold things cold.'
                                                            'Wow, said the blonde, 'that's amazing.....I'm going to buy it!'
                                                            So she bought the thermos & took it to work the next day.
                                                            Her boss saw it on her desk.
                                                            'What's that,' he asked?
                                                            'Why, that's a thermos..... It keeps hot things hot & cold things
                                                            cold,' she replied..
                                                            Her boss inquired, 'What do you have in it?'
                                                            The blond replied......
                                                            'Two popsicles & some coffee.'
                                                            +++++++++++++
                                                            AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
                                                            A blonde goes into work one morning crying her eyes out.
                                                            Her boss asked sympathetically, 'What's the matter?'
                                                            The blonde replies,
                                                            'Early this morning I got a phone call saying that
                                                            my mother had passed away.'
                                                            The boss, feeling sorry for her, says,
                                                            'Why don't you go home for the
                                                            day? Take the day off to relax & rest.'
                                                            'Thanks, but I'd be better off here.
                                                            I need to keep my mind off it &
                                                            I have the best chance of doing that here.'
                                                            The boss agrees & allows the blonde to work as usual.
                                                            A couple of hours pass & the boss decides to check on the blonde.
                                                            He looks out from his office & sees the blonde crying hysterically...
                                                            'What's so bad now? Are you gonna be okay?' he asks.
                                                            'No!' exclaims the blonde..
                                                            'I just received a horrible call from my
                                                            sister. Her mother died, too!'
                                                            Blondes Are The Best!!!

Comment

I'm sure many of you have seen and heard of this model before...but for those who haven't...

Introducing "Amazon Eve" she is 207cm ( 6.8 ft )

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X