Favourites acting weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourites acting weird?

I didn't see a known issues list any longer, I think we must be pretty far along on the go live plan.

Hey, I have a problem. I'll do a bug report but I want to post about it too, because it might not be a bug, but a limitation, or something I'm doing wrong.

So I was picking My Faves, My Models, and I went through and I clicked the + on each models Profile page as I came to them. I noticed something wrong when I went the Browse page for My Faves, Models. Specific models (Charlotte E, Dana B, Hannah C) that I annointed as Faves do not show up amongst the others. The screen shot is alphabetical, but, no matter how I sort, those specific Faves models do not show up on my browse screen. They seem blocked from appearing. If I revisit the models profile pages, I see the little red hearts in each model's picture that show they were indeed registered as a Fave.
    Attached Files

You're not doing anything wrong that I can see. You could try adding some more models as favourites and see if the newly added ones show up in your favs. Display of your favourites had the reverse problem some time ago, models unmarked as favs still showed. I guess that was fixed

Comment

Make sure you're doing it on a "Model" page and not a "Shoot" page. If you just add from a "Shoot" page it will only add that particular shoot to your faves and not the complete profile of the model. I've fallen into that trap before several times especially while just browsing through some of my past favorites.

Comment

if this is not workign as you think it should, please do submit a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
          So I was picking My Faves, My Models, and I went through and I clicked the + on each models Profile page as I came to them. I noticed something wrong when I went the Browse page for My Faves, Models. Specific models (Charlotte E, Dana B, Hannah C) that I annointed as Faves do not show up amongst the others. The screen shot is alphabetical, but, no matter how I sort, those specific Faves models do not show up on my browse screen. They seem blocked from appearing. If I revisit the models profile pages, I see the little red hearts in each model's picture that show they were indeed registered as a Fave.
          I noticed this too when adding models to my favorites page. There seems to be a delay between when you click on the heart icon to add the model to your favorites and the model appearing on your favorites page. The models I added did not immediately appear on my favorites page, but they did all appear on my page the next day when I returned to the site. Hope that is helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            I noticed this too when adding models to my favorites page. There seems to be a delay between when you click on the heart icon to add the model to your favorites and the model appearing on your favorites page. The models I added did not immediately appear on my favorites page, but they did all appear on my page the next day when I returned to the site. Hope that is helpful!
            It indeed *is* helpful, hadn't considered the factor time yet. It does seem that the processing is a bit slow somewhere. I'll add that info to the bug-report we have for this problem. Thanks!

Comment

Trebor, Thanks I noticed that there was a time delay also when I was assigning favorites from the models profile pages.

Frans, I added new models (Darcy and Diana) to Models My Faves, and they show up right away. Right between Cleo and Elizabeth if I sort alphabetical. So the Faves feature on the web site is working as I think it should. I just can't see these certain three models (Charlotte E, Dana B, Hannah C)? Can someone else verify this, by trying to add those specific three models?

Missing fave model from Models, My Faves browse
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bookmanz; 17 May 2010, 12:05 PM. Reason: I just now got around to doing a bug report on this.

Comment

Trebor, Thanks I noticed that there was a time delay also when I was assigning favorites from the models profile pages.

Frans, I added new models (Darcy and Diana) to Models My Faves, and they show up right away. Right between Cleo and Elizabeth if I sort alphabetical. So the Faves feature on the web site is working as I think it should. I just can't see these certain three models (Charlotte E, Dana B, Hannah C)? Can someone else verify this, by trying to add those specific three models?

Missing fave model from Models, My Faves browse
                Hi Bookmanz,

I've tried adding Charlotte E, Dana B and Hannah C along with Gypsy, only Gypsy was added. Like you I've filed a bug-report. Poor models in limbo not un-favoured but unable to be seen duly favoured, I've added a few of their images to my images to compensate.
                I've noticed that when browsing models they do not have an entry despite actually having model pages, I've mentioned this in the BR.

tom

Comment

Got a reply from the webdev team. There is indeed a delay of max. 30 minutes (can be much less) before changes in favorites and/or tags show in search results. It is a known problem, they got lots of bug-reports about it by now, so you can stop sending those in (but thanks to those who did none the less)

Comment

Hmm.. can you add ANY models with a surname letter to your favourites? Search is acting up, have filed a bug-report for all the strangeness combined. Due to problems with my 'My Models' page I can't confirm or deny the adding problem (but suspect that is related).

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      Hmm.. can you add ANY models with a surname letter to your favourites? Search is acting up, have filed a bug-report for all the strangeness combined. Due to problems with my 'My Models' page I can't confirm or deny the adding problem (but suspect that is related).
                      I've been able to add other models with surname letters to faves this morning, Alison J, Jemma M and Patricia B and had others already included.

tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                        I've been able to add other models with surname letters to faves this morning, Alison J, Jemma M and Patricia B and had others already included.

tom
                        Yeah, I thought so too. It's like the feature does work OK. Maybe just certain models profile pages just have a typo or glitch in their individual profiles (HTML gobbledygook).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X