May 28 2010: new features released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 28 2010: new features released!

Today we released a few new small features and improvements.

(1) "recent tags" and "new tags" widget on the news page. These are fun, and update on page reload.

(2) A listing of all tags (filterable by model, shoot, video and image) is now working, linked from the browse page, "... more tags" area. http://www.abbywinters.com/tags

We'll be continuing to add and refine the site over the coming months.

I only see the "recent tags" and "random tags" widget, but no "new tags". Also, the "...more tags" link on the browse page pops up a window "Refine by Tag"; it doesn't switch to the new .../tags page. Maybe the new features haven't been deployed to all servers yet?

And could you also fix the existing stuff, please? The Hannah C & Katherine F video is up for 15 hours now but the Upcoming Shoots column still announces its release in 6 days 8 hours. Is this column generated manually?

Comment

Why are some tags larger font than others? (and no it's not the site-supported one, check out the girl-girl tags to see that).

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
        Why are some tags larger font than others? (and no it's not the site-supported one, check out the girl-girl tags to see that).
        Yeah, and why are a bunch all caps (LARGE NJPPLES, LARGE TITS). Is there a way to fix or removing tags that are misspelled?
        I think that one tag must refer to those nice big New Jersey APPLES.

Comment

the idea of tags is for misspelled ones to be voted on less often, and thus fall below the display threshold. This assumes most people know how to spell correctly, of course.

The size of a the font indicates how many entities (shoots, videos, images, models) are tagged with that tag.

Comment

I have one issue with the newest updates made to tags.

Tags were supposed to be an alternate to not having lists any more. The thing I liked with tags is that a person could tag a pic or video with something that had meaning for him, personally. You could then vote up the ones that you wanted to keep for yourself (they would turn green and remain) and vote down ones that had no meaning to you (turn grey and no longer appear).

THEN, it was easier to filter pics and videos that you had categorized and made your favorite. This seemed like a reasonable way around not having lists any more. But now, all tags are showing up and there is no way to filter out tags.

I think a lot of us would just be happy if we had lists we could make for ourselves like on the old system. Now that we do not have lists, we are forced to try to sift through tags, which serve their purposes...they make it easier to search the content. But as far as personalizing our favorites and having easier access to them, AW.com is becoming less user-friendly and much more disorganized with so many tags and no way to choose which ones we personally want to see.

Comment

To clarify what I mean...

(I know there has been much discussion on the loss of lists but...) When it was decided, much to the disappointment of many, that we would no longer have lists, by which way we could organize content in a manner that had personal meaning and made it easy to organizer and access our favorite content in a personally meaningful way, we had to try to adapt to "tags." The idea of tags is GREAT in that it allowed every user to describe the video or picture and thus made it easy to search for specific types of activities therein depicted. But we also had to make that our own personal organization method in the post-list era. To do so, we tagged and voted for the tags that had meaning to us and filtered out those that didn't. That didn't remove those other tags, but just made it so that they didn't clutter our own personal categorization. But now, we can no longer personalize the description of a certain picture or video. With so many people adding tags that only have significance to themselves, it is making the content much harder to navigate.

It seems that as the new platform advances, we are losing the personal organizing that made AW so user-friendly. If you are 100% set on not providing the ability to create lists any more (even if not public, only private) please provide SOME other way for us to categorize content that we label as "favorite."

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X