big changes at abbywinters.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immie View Post
    learning Dutch. :-) Sure, I'm kind of busy with Spanish at the moment, but once I've got that down pat, what's one more language in the grand scheme of things? Besides, Dutch is like the bastard lovechild of English and German. How hard can it be?
    Well, it's always nice to learn a new language, but anyone can live and work in the Netherlands and not speak one word of dutch.

And I salute you violetafan. I can honestly say that truer words were never spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
      don't forget abbywinters: Tokyo!
      ...and don't forget abbywinters: Luxembourg!

Lxm

Comment

What's also a little bit special for you in Continental Europe:
        - sitting on the left side of the car when you're the driver
        - driving on the right side of the road
        - using roundabouts in counter clockwise
        - and as Frans already mentioned: cold winters with snow!!!!!

Lxm

Comment

I'm very disappointed. I think the Australian location is what made AW so amazing. I loved the banter between the models, and the interviews before a solo shoot, and I think some of the hottest women in the world. I think something really cool has been lost because of the puritanical views of the Australian government. I don't blame AW for moving--really you had to either move or close down. I'm just saying that it won't be the same.

That said, I'll take a wait and see approach for now. If AW continues to provide good material, I'll keep buying it.

I am really REALLY bummed that we won't be seeing more of the Australian ladies on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoduck View Post
            I'm very disappointed. I think the Australian location is what made AW so amazing. I loved the banter between the models, and the interviews before a solo shoot, and I think some of the hottest women in the world. I think something really cool has been lost because of the puritanical views of the Australian government. I don't blame AW for moving--really you had to either move or close down. I'm just saying that it won't be the same.

That said, I'll take a wait and see approach for now. If AW continues to provide good material, I'll keep buying it.

I am really REALLY bummed that we won't be seeing more of the Australian ladies on a regular basis.
            Ah never fear. Patience and I are Australian through and through....and we have moooore than enough banter to fill the voids between Aussie models coming through our Amsterdam doors.

Comment

Originally posted by jacki View Post
              Ah never fear. Patience and I are Australian through and through....and we have moooore than enough banter to fill the voids between Aussie models coming through our Amsterdam doors.
              Hehe, I knew my initial confidence wasn't misplaced, best wishes on the move to you and all making it with you.

tom

Comment

Oh dear this has obviously upset, unavoidably, a lot of the models and the members. But I hope that the new location in Amsterdam will prove to be a huge and very positive success. I am afraid that the world and it's people have to suffer change on all sorts of different levels now, and I will miss all my favourite models who cannot transfer to Denmark.

I cannot really add anything that has not already been said here, except that I hope the relocation will in some way have many positive and unexpected advantages and that the whole thing, after maybe some hiccups, will be a resounding success. My membership lasts until October, so there will, I hope, be time left to see how the new arrangement works between the transfer to Amsterdam and the end of my current membership.

I wish everybody lots of luck and positiveness in this stressful time.

Robin

Comment

Even though AW won't be shooting in Oz anymore, I was wondering if you will maintain an office & staff in Melbourne??

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                    Besides, Dutch is like the bastard lovechild of English and German. How hard can it be?
                    It ís hard. We have some weird pronouncing (for instance: een scheve schaats rijden, un sssschhai-fu ssssschhaaahts rye-than) But hey, I'll be happy to teach you, patiently, Immie!

Amsterdam is cool. And the girls in Holland are busty, brainy and beautiful, and very tall; among the tallest of the world. The only strange part: Dutch people in shops and bars can look, can be very arrogant. If you can ignore that, than Amsterdam is very, very nice.

Comment

yeah.....its sad... but i mean Australia really is getting ridiculous about its censorship. i love the country but i dont see myself staying here long term either if it gets more strict Its just silly i think. I"m sad abby is having to move to continue its business, but glad..it wouldn't be abby if they just stopped producing! It'll do well in amsterdam, and im going to have to go visit one day Maybe when im all grown up (like, 25 or something! ) hahaha would be really cool to do another shoot and see how things are down the road.....

Best of luck Garrion and Chloe B and Patience and everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall;
                        The shoots in the "vault" will make it to the site.
                        Thanks for the clarification. That was one of my main concerns.
                        Originally posted by garionhall;
                        Additionally, we'll be learning dutch (and Chloe B is fluent in several languages already).
                        Now that can't be easy so I wish you well. Aussies have a (IMO deserved) reputation of being bad at learning languages (Chloe B being an obvious acception). I think Chloe B should find some Bahasa Indonesia speakers in Amsterdam as well as plenty of tasty Indonesian food.

Sigh, no more video interviews with backpacking models talking about Fraser Island, Qld. I wonder what will be the must-see place to go for backpackers in Holland?

Comment

Originally posted by flatspin View Post
                          I wonder what will be the must-see place to go for backpackers in Holland?
                          New AW Headquarter, perhaps?

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                            New AW Headquarter, perhaps?

Lxm
                            Fingers crossed.

Comment

Dutch models on AW to date

some good soul has been busy tagging...
                              Use powerful filters and search to find real amateur shoots that float your boat - even if you're not a member.

Comment

One request

I am supportive of your move, and I will continue my annual membership. I'm confident AW will continue to be the best in the universe. However, I have one really, really, really emotional request. Since Sue Ann will not be making the move, could you please shoot about 30 sets of her before you go? Please, please, please. I don't know how I can exist without periodic refills of Sue-perstar. I've already worn out every shoot she's done on every site.
                                PLEASE?

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                  some good soul has been busy tagging...
                                  http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/models/dutch
                                  It would be phenomenal to see those models again! I remember Els, she was/is a favorite of mine from back in the day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer8DG View Post
                                    It would be phenomenal to see those models again! I remember Els, she was/is a favorite of mine from back in the day!!
                                    OMFG Els! She is definitely my favourite Dutch AW model!

Comment

Two Dutch models are missing from the list: Marjorie (she must be one of the most beautiful girls on AW) and Dotty (though her shoots seem to be removed from the site).

Comment

First, I am really glad that the legal issues were worked out and no one had to go to jail. That was first and foremost. As for AW moving, well, it's a shame that you recently bought a new building for your headquarters, and now have to sell it. Hopefully you'll be able to sell it without too much delay.

As for relocating, well, I have always wondered if it would be feasible for AW to have photographers in different countries shooting the local women there. This would give AW an international landscape to select models from. AW wouldn't need to have an office in these countries, just a photographer and maybe an assistant. Since everything would be shot with digital cameras, the photoshoots could be sent via FTP to AW's headquarters. The photographer and assistant could be trained by AW on how to interview and select models that would adhere to AW's guidelines.

Hmmm, I guess you could also have it broken up, like AW Europe, AW Asia, AW North America, and they could be added to this site for an additional fee. That way, a person could sign up for AW's main site, (this one) and add on the others as they desired.

Anyway, it's really good to hear the Garion and the others were not charged and were let go. That's the best news!

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                          For this reason, we have decided to relocate abbywinters.com to Amsterdam, the Netherlands! We have now stopped all potentially offending shoots in Australia, and expect to be closing our doors in Australia for good in late June. Some of our staff (including Chloe B, Patience and Jacki) are planning to come with us.
                                          Originally posted by silkenshadow
                                          Sue-Ann I will gladly help you job hunt. I am surprise the move is happening so quick. I am also surprised that Chloe B is going too when she seemed like she had a lot outside of AW going for her. I am glad you will be around a bit more on the forums. I am not sure how I feel about the move to be honest.
                                          I have been thinking about Silkys comments and agree totally, which got me wondering are these staff members just heading to NL to help with the relocation and training locals the AW ways or are they packing up shop in Oz and moving everything to NL permanently???

Also... reading Garions' post again, he says that these staffers are "planning to come with us" does this mean the still might not??? Has any of the staff actually confirmed that they are going??

Last thing... little concerned we have not seen anything for Giselle for a wee while, Over the lasts few months we have been treated to hundreds of entertaining posts from Giselle both here and via Twitter, but since the announcement nothing. I hope this doesn't mean she only found out about all this the same time as we did and is upset or that she is already no longer working for AW as that would be very sad. She has been a major life force of the site and the boards since she replaced poor little Melita.

Anyway... my best wishes go out to her and hope to see her on the boards again shortly.

Pinky

Comment

Originally posted by aggie64 View Post
                                            I am supportive of your move, and I will continue my annual membership. I'm confident AW will continue to be the best in the universe. However, I have one really, really, really emotional request. Since Sue Ann will not be making the move, could you please shoot about 30 sets of her before you go? Please, please, please. I don't know how I can exist without periodic refills of Sue-perstar. I've already worn out every shoot she's done on every site.
                                            PLEASE?
                                            I completely agree! And while you're at it--can she continue to write the descriptions of the sets on the home page? She is the best!

Comment

I just hope I don't turn into a blubbering dork when I say bye in the office

Comment

Yes, please, shoot those thirty sets of Sue-Ann
                                                But also of Giselle, please.....
                                                please.....
                                                Last edited by hippoid; 5 June 2010, 06:48 AM. Reason: smiley error

Comment

Does it change anything for After Dark ?

Comment

Moving to Canberra was out of the Question? I will stay with the site and hope for the best. I will really miss the Australian models and staffers though. Good luck.

Comment

Politicians the world over are passing laws that citizens do not want. This puritanical malaise is ruining the planet. Some one defined a puritan as someone who will not be satisfied until absolutely no one is having fun.
                                                      Good luck with the move. I will miss the care-free aussie girls. Maybe you can still shoot some shoots in Australia and publish them in Amsterdam? Surely there's a legal way of arranging modelling contracts to do that? You can just do tasteful nudes to be on the safe side, but do keep the aussie girls coming!
                                                      Beware the foreigner drug dealer types in Amsterdam, the city is not as nice as it was, sadly.

Comment

Argggh! Sooo sad to read this news. Losing the familiarity of seeing fellow Aussie's in the shoots will be sad, but I'm also super excited and optimistic to see what interesting new shoots are going to come.
                                                        I can't really adequately express my gratitude to everyone involved in the site, the site truly is one of my favorite things, it really does bring me lots of joy. Whatever comes in the future, I'd like to let the models and photographers and Garrion and everyone else know that what they've made is wonderful, and appreciated more than I can express in words.
                                                        Thanks Jacki for making such a great post!
                                                        Best of luck everyone, hope the move will be a fun, rewarding, exciting, sexy adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                                          Does it change anything for After Dark ?
                                                          Sort of - we're unlikely to be able to go live with AD until we're settled in Amsterdam, but we're still looking into it.

We're still definitely going ahead with it, though.

Comment

Garion as a new returning member GEE I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the changes coming. But I decided to support you and the team behind you by coming back to this great site yesterday after being away for awhile. It appears you and those your employees that are helping with the big move have a lot to do in the coming months. I wish you and the team all the best but can I please ask you not forget us back here in Australia and where possible give us an Aussie girl every now and then. I echo the comments from monkeymagic27 Best of luck TEAM!!!!

Comment

Hey all!

As an AW model, I just want to say a few things:-

1. This (move to the Netherlands) is shocking and ridiculously hard to accept. It wasn't till a few months ago I became really confident with my sexual self and wasn't afraid to express myself, all thanks to AW (I'm only a baby in AW - still remember my looong interview with Chloe B - we spoke about a loooot of things including dancing, travelling etc haha!). The amount of fun (I had, at least) seemed to only grow exponentially with the shoots I had and gosh what the media paints GMedia to be is totally not true.

2. I have only been treated with respect and love from all GMedia staff. And have not the slightest doubt every other AW model were treated any differently. In these few months I have been called everything from dirty, cheap, thick skinned and even porn-star to courageous and confident chick. When I heard the former being told to me face, it hurt deep. But I realised I didn't need these people in my life. There is no need for me to explain and justify my decisions/actions/life to anyone. Getting into AW taught me life lessons: If I do you no wrong, you can keep your fucking opinion to yourself and royally fuck off. I've lost acquaintances. Previously it would have bothered me. Now I know they're not worth my time. I've gained more open-minded friends who accept me for who I truly am.

3. Moving to Aus a few years ago, I thought finally for once in my life I made a correct decision. Back then I thought, this is a place where you are free to be who you want to be and no one will bother you. Am I still right, I don't know... One thing for sure, moving countries alone and leaving familiarity behind isn't easy.

To all AW Staff, thank you so much! Chloe B, Jacki and Patience - thank you for believing in me and letting me go crazyyyy! You guys have no idea how much I love you to bits! Laura P, Mykala, Natalie F, Florence, Danielle and Anna - 'twas awesome meeting you guys! Though I'm deeply saddened I the chances of me kissing Danielle and Anna on camera is extremely low now Emmalee, Audrey and Lili - thank you, I take away awesome memories from your little stories. Now the 3 of you must be wondering, "shit what did I tell this girl" hahaha! Garion - damn, I admire your guts and passion. If only I can have a fraction of it... You all will defo be missed.

P/s: If I set foot in EU, can I come visit? And perhaps shoot too??!!!!!

lots of luv

Lailie xo

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X