X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 25 2010: new features released

We have released a few small new features today:

1. My Tags
    (Accessed via My Account | My Tags or, Browse page | Filters | User Filters | My Tags). This shows only entities (images, videos, shoots, models) that you have tagged. On an actual entity page, this is represented as the tag appearing in green text.

This should provide increased usability for many users who were concerned about their tags being "polluted" by others. This is a new feature, and I expect we'll get some feedback on it. We can change how it works.
    2. Debut date filter
    (Accessed via Browse page | Filters | Debut Date). This allows people to filter results by the debut date of the entity (shoot, model, image, or video). Debut date is the date that entity first appeared on the site. It's fun. Like a time machine, only not quite as powerful.
    3. Restored preview videos on shoot page
    Each shoot that has a preview video added for it (every new shoot added since early April) has a discreet link from the shoot page ("view the video preview"). Due to a mis-communication between me and the coding team this is a button. Soon we'll make it a proper panel on the right hand side (styled differently to other video panels). We'll trial making this available to guests, in an effort to show them how cool we are.

We have also done more work behind the scenes, that will help us refine the site. We're very mindful of the random tags poor functionality, and several other issues like that are high on our list of things to fox / enhance. We're also in the throes of moving half way across the world, and while that should not affect the site at all, it may, and fixing these sorts of problems may take priority over anything else.
    Last edited by garionhall; 25 June 2010, 08:27 AM. Reason: added link accidentally; removed

Hi Garion,

Thanks for the info on the enhancements.

A question do the tags included in My Tags include those that I may have voted up or down in addition to those I've either created or added an entity to? I ask because I've spotted a number where that is the case, "rubber ducky" being an example, although only one shoot tagged, I remember voting it up and having the intention of adding to it if I spotted any rubber ducks on my meanderings.

Best wishes for a smooth move.

tom

Comment

There is sub-text on the 'my tags' pages: "(Tags you have applied to models)" so it's really "My Tags and ones I agree with" but that's a bit long

Comment

Hmm.. it also appears to include tags I have voted *against*, that's prolly not right (it's not logical anyway). Should I file a bug-report on that Garion ?

Comment

"My Tags"

Hi there,

accessing via My Account | My Tags I get "http://www.abbywinters.com/mytags"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	639022

but via Browse page | Filters | User Filters | My Tags I get "http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/mytags"

Name:	img2.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	639023

As you can see the two "My Tags" pages have a different interface (result). Is that "normal"?

However, how can I delete a tag I've applied, or at least remove the entities from there, of course without deleting them from "My Faves" entities?

Thanks.

Comment

First pic is for Images and 2nd is for Shoots.

Comment

'My tags' is a great addition and very welcome.
              But I promise, promise I have never used the tag 'No closeup pussy on this site since months' and it seemed to have no shoots/images/videos attached to / tagged by it either! Nor have I ever used 'fave'!

Comment

Indeed a splendid addition, I like the alternative views offered by My Account My Tags with its links to the tags themselves and by browsing the entities which initially returns a "super tag" of all the occurrences of that particular entity (model, shoot, video or image) which can then be filtered by tag.

Thanks Frans, I did some 'experiments' and it does indeed pick up those that one has voted for and against, not sure about the inclusion of the latter, it might be useful but whether I want something with perhaps an objectionable name or intent included in my tags, hmm...

tom

Comment

Hi Garion, just got news that Giselle is leaving. How sad.
                  Anyway how do I find out where the blogs are located?
                  Ciao
                  Browneyes

Comment

I'm still waiting for the "time machine"!

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                      I'm still waiting for the "time machine"!
                      But Rob, it's already here

Name:	abbywinters.com - Made in Australia. Naturally. - abbywinters.com.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	639058

tom

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X