No announcement yet.

Rejoin problems and questions here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, everything seems to be ok again, and it shows my next billing date to be in 89 days, so thanks to whoever it was who helped me!

Comment

Hi there,

I'm afraid my credit card expired at the end of March but I can't re-join, I'm getting an error saying that my credit card is already in use as described on this thread : http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=13183
      My subscription id is XXXXXXXX and my username is jigefurax, can you please help?
      Thanks in advance.

Jige
      Last edited by Frans; 13 April 2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: blanked out sub-id

Comment

Hi Jige

Sorry for that. We've cleared it up for you now, so please check your inbox for info on rejoining

Comment

Hi Leprechaun,

Unfortunately the issue is not fixed, I tried to rejoin using the instructions you provided but I still have the same error message saying my credit card is already is use... Please help (again!).

Jige

Comment

Dang!

Please give it one more try; I'm pretty sure it'll work now.

Comment

Thanks Leprechaun... That works now!

Comment

Hi there,

my membership ended at may 1. At may 2, I tried to rejoin with the same username (logged in as alpenrose2 - my account join button). I got the message: Your credit card is already in use....
                I sent a mail to gmbill, but I got no answer jet.

Please can you help me?
                Thanks.

Comment

I have a similar problem. My membership ended on 1 May and a rebill did not occur because my credit card had expired some months earlier. I went to GMBill.com and entered my new card information but today, a week later, the account is still frozen.

Please can you help?
                  Thanks!

Comment

rejoin problem and abbywinters support not replying

Hi,
                    I fixed my credit card expiration day on GMBill and asked abbywinters to do something about it to let me get in and take my money. But since a week, nothing happened, no answers at all. Sorry Abby, but your complex site with more bugs than ever, let me think to go somewhere else.
                    Andre

Comment

Originally posted by dede99 View Post
                      Hi,
                      I fixed my credit card expiration day on GMBill and asked abbywinters to do something about it to let me get in and take my money. But since a week, nothing happened, no answers at all. Sorry Abby, but your complex site with more bugs than ever, let me think to go somewhere else.
                      Sounds like a different problem then people in this thread had? Your creditcard expired, you got a mail from GMbill about, you edited the exp-date and still your account doesn't work. That about right ? I'll forward this to customer support.

Comment

just talked to my credit card and they will pay this or im gone from there , they have been declining to pay for an unknown reason,not given up yet

Comment

I see my card has finally paid the bill ,after much rangling from here -they were told to pay it ,must be they dont look at an accounts history to see if they have paid it before,they suck at over protection

Comment

they finally paid my sub and are happy now resigned in and perusing around again

Comment

Hi, I can't view pictures or videos anymore,they are all greyed-out and ask to upgrade now.I'm sure my account isn't expiered yet.Can somebody help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ominnimo View Post
                                Hi, I can't view pictures or videos anymore,they are all greyed-out and ask to upgrade now.I'm sure my account isn't expiered yet.Can somebody help me out?
                                Seems to be fixed already.

Comment

Seems to be fixed already.
                                  Good to hear

Comment

Hi,I just found out that my rebilling didn't happen(I forgot I got a new creditcard)so at GMbill my acount is erased.But when I try to rejoin at aw with my username Iget the message that that name is already used.
                                    My question is how can I rejoin with the same name ??

Comment

Problem solved.

Comment

Problem solved.
                                        How ? Did you do something to fix or did tech support fix it for you?

Comment

Tech support sent me a mail how to fix it.

Comment

I've attempted to rejoin several times over the last day-and-a-bit, but it's failed at "Step 1. Sign Up".

I tried the current version of Firefox (cookies + scripting whitelisted for "abbywinters.com" and "gmbill.com") and Opera (default settings) -- don't have IE.

Both fail on clicking "Continue" -- there are no errors (inline, modal or dialog), but the page does not post through to the next step.

All previous times I've signed up it has worked flawlessly -- what's the story?

Also, I submitted a request for help on the Feedback & Support page over 24 hours ago but have had no response -- any ideas?

Comment

violetafan, if you leave the fields empty and press 'continue' do you get a popup saying you need to fill those fields ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                violetafan, if you leave the fields empty and press 'continue' do you get a popup saying you need to fill those fields ?
                                                Hi Frans.

Yes, if I click "Continue" without completing the form, then there's a modal overlay listing invalid fields.

Comment

Originally posted by violetafan View Post
                                                  Hi Frans.

Yes, if I click "Continue" without completing the form, then there's a modal overlay listing invalid fields.
                                                  Good, that was indeed what I wanted to be sure about. So you fill in all the fields, click 'continue' and nothing happens, right? I'll forward that to tech support 'cos I can't test that page myself.

Comment

So you fill in all the fields, click 'continue' and nothing happens, right?
                                                    Thanks Frans.

Technically, something does happen -- "Continue" appears to submit the form to the server -- the problem is that it does not move forward to the next step, but doesn't show any message to indicate why.

I've now tried the following browsers (some on different PCs & OSs):
                                                    • Chrome 12.0.742.100
                                                    • Firefox 4.0.1
                                                    • Internet Explorer 8.0
                                                    • Opera 11.11

The same problem occurs on all, suggesting the system is choking on either my existing data or the values I'm inputting.
                                                    Last edited by violetafan; 14 June 2011, 10:21 PM. Reason: More information.

Comment

Thanks for the extensive testing. The page should work on both Firefox4 and IE8. I have forward the problem to tech-support, they will likely contact you via email to obtain exact data you entered (do NOT post it here).

Comment

they will likely contact you via email to obtain exact data you entered (do NOT post it here).
                                                        Hehe, yep -- posting my full name, address and credit card details here wasn't on my to-do list.

Comment

3 month extensions?

Hello,

I was curious if the site was still honoring the 3 month extensions for the legacy members who saw their prices go up. I've written tech support a couple times about this (most recently last week) but never got a response.

Comment

As long as your legacy sub doesn't lapse (i.e. remains active/payed up) your price won't change as far as I know. You cannot rejoin as legacy member if you've let your sub lapse for some time. Do you have specific problem, something you want to achieve?

Comment

Thanks or the response. When I renewed the first time after the prices changed I was sent the following:

"Although an old rate of USD$xxx for a year will be shown, if you drop us
                                                              another email when you've rejoined and let us know your new subscription ID,
                                                              we'll extend your subscription by 25% in days (3 months extra) to make up for
                                                              the fact that you've paid 25% more than last time."

I was given the extra 25% the first time I renewed but not the second, and I just had to renew again. I've contacted support multiple times but have never gotten a response. Speeking of which, does support have an auto reply to confirm they got the message? I never even got that if they do have one.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X