Rejoin problems and questions here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi steveandanni,

Sorry for the troubles you're experiencing.

What actually happened
    Our records show that on 11 Oct 2011 GMB notified you that they could not bill your credit card, due to it being expired. A week later (18 Oct 2011) you updated your credit card in GMB, but GMB had already closed your account, because you took a week to update the info, and GMB only allows 6 (or maybe 7) days to do that. Perhaps GMB should not have let you update an account that was expired, but it does this anticipating you'll "upgrade" sometime soon, and when you do, GMB will simply bill your card and all will be well.

When your account expires on AW, it goes into "AW CLUB" mode, which right now is a lot like being a guest, but you're logged in, and can post on the boards. In the future, we plan to offer Club members a bunch of free stuff to encourage them to upgrade to a full account.

What you can do about it
    Because your current account has expired, you need to re-join. Ensure you're logged in to AW, and go here: http://www.abbywinters.com/join/. You'll see the pricing is the same as your account has been on for a long time, our returning member discount.

What we're doing about it
    We'll make the Access Denied page for Club users be way more helpful than it is now. We'll also make the My Account page work, and show the subscription history, so you can see for yourself the current status of your account. We'll make it so you can upgrade right from the my-account page with one click, without having to join again as I have advised you to above.

I apologise again for the troubles, and thanks for sticking with us. Let us know here if you have more problems, and we'll get right on it.

Comment

Hi - I've had the same problems here as others. egg credit cards here in the UK were bought out & replaced by Barclaycard who issued new cards. whilst I was away on hols, GMBill denied the old card, even though it was still current! As I was away, I couldn't use another card and so the cretins there have removed my account, in just a matter of days! Now if I try to rejoin, it's virtually twice the cost of my legacy membership, grrrrrr!!

I've tried contacting GMBill (obviously no joy there) and AW support twice but have had no joy Can someone assist please & help me sort out. Can I also rejoin vis CCBill rather than GMBill as the former are so much better & more efficient?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

GmBill (like CCbil) does not deny a card by itself. It requests the status of that card from the supplier (e.g. MasterCard). Sounds to me the replacement idea went slightly wrong, sucks to have that happen when you're away. No idea why they were in such a hurry to replace those cards, surely a letter say 4 weeks in advance would have helped ?

Anyway, have forwarded your problem to Account Support.

Comment

Thanks Frans
          The card switch over was all planned well in advance but the old one was still current & in use when GMBill decided (presumably as it would expire during the next 3 months) that they didn't want to honour it..........
          What really hacked me off was that they cancelled the account after such a short time!
          Thanks for forwarding on, I look forward to hearing from Account Support

Comment

Perhaps I can get a reply on this board. I sent AW 3 different emails in as many days with my question relating to joining for another year. I resubscribed today for the year but did not see any discount for old members as this is my 6th year. There was a standard discount for the year if paid in full but none for us old-timers. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for a reply by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by crunchtime3 View Post
              Perhaps I can get a reply on this board. I sent AW 3 different emails in as many days with my question relating to joining for another year. I resubscribed today for the year but did not see any discount for old members as this is my 6th year. There was a standard discount for the year if paid in full but none for us old-timers. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for a reply by anyone.
              Did you follow the steps detailed here ? (specifically, the 'returning member' part)

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                Did you follow the steps detailed here ? (specifically, the 'returning member' part)
                Fran, thanks for the reply.I thought I did because I logged in so I could use my screen name. The price I got was $150/year and I don't know if that's the returning member's price or just the yearly discount for paying one time. So my question still stands. Hope you can clear it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by crunchtime3 View Post
                  Fran, thanks for the reply.I thought I did because I logged in so I could use my screen name. The price I got was $150/year and I don't know if that's the returning member's price or just the yearly discount for paying one time. So my question still stands. Hope you can clear it up for me.
                  That looks like the returning (founding) member year-rate to me yes.

Comment

That looks like the returning (founding) member year-rate to me yes.
                    Thanks for clearing this up for me. Good to see the automated system is working properly for returning members.

Comment

Thanks for the help. All seems to be well again Cheers.

Comment

Hi Frans..i re-subscribed this morning ( i let my sub. lapse ) and cannot access any videos and images. I think i know where i went wrong.Upon registering ( when asked to enter username & password on the same line ) e.i. tjsunrayxxxxxxxx..... Please see what you can do....Thank's

p.s. i also sent an e-mail to the administrator earlier this morning but thought i should also sent you one.
                        Last edited by tjsunray; 29 December 2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

tj, you subscribed as 'returning member' or as new member ? Did you use tjsunrayxxxxxxxx as re-sub name ? You must have gotten an email confirming your subscription with username/password details, don't those work?

Comment

Yes i received an e-mail confirming my subscription with tjsunray.
                            Last edited by Frans; 29 December 2011, 05:04 PM. Reason: cleanup

Comment

Ok, have forwarded this to customer support. They will contact you via email regarding details.

Comment

Ok, have forwarded this to customer support. They will contact you via email regarding details.
                                Thank's Frans...all resolved now.

Comment

Instructions for rejoining w/ old name & password don't work

I tried following the instructions in this e-mail (password and coupon code are edited out, of course):
                                  Hi

Only a few days left for this special offer!

You've been a member of award-winning erotic site abbywinters.com in the
                                  past....
                                  --snip--
                                  1. Go here: http://www.abbywinters.com/join
                                  2. Click "Returning member" (very top right of the page)
                                  3. Log in with your old AW username and password:

username: rennis
                                  password: XXXXXXXXX (remember, passwords are CaSe SeNsItIvE!)

4. Join! (use the coupon code ******)

This is a strictly limited offer, that ends on Sunday Feb 19, 2012. Re-join
                                  now so you don’t miss anything!
                                  Trouble is, even if I enter both my old username and my old password, per the instructions on the post, "How to rejoin as returning member with pics!", I still can't use my old username and password. The form just complains, "Please choose another username, rennis is currently in use." The main catch that I see is that both my credit card info and address have changed, but the form didn't complain about that.

How do I get the sign-up to work with both my old account name and the promised discount?

Comment

If you get "Please choose another username, rennis is currently in use." you're not joining as returning member. Are you sure you clicked the 'returning member' link? What did you try and at what point didn't it match the steps described in the thread ?

Comment

Are you sure you clicked the 'returning member' link?
                                      Yes. I even saw the prices change to those of returning members.

What did you try and at what point didn't it match the steps described in the thread ?
                                      The steps matched exactly, even down to be typing in my old username and password. I tried this several times, with the same result.

Comment

hey Rennis, Our customer support department will contact you shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                          hey Rennis, Our customer support department will contact you shortly.
                                          Thanks. Whatever you did seemed to fix things.

Comment

Hello my memebership explires in 5 days and I have received 2 recent emails about rejoining with a 40% discount. How come in 5 days I dont get that opportunity. I did email back abby support but no one had the courtesy to reply to explain my options.It clearly states:

Girl-boy: our girls making love with their real-life partners
                                            - AfterDark: our girls dressed up for a night out
                                            - Editors choice: the best bits around a theme, from dozens of scenes
                                            - Mystery Shoot: where we push the boundaries and try new things

In a few days (Feb 20), these features will ONLY be offered to customers on their first rebill, but if you join now, you'll get access to this for the life of your subscription!

How come I dont get this offer as a long time member.
                                            Can you explian and thank you,

Robert

Comment

Robert, we're a little overwhelmed with customer support right now, but we'll get back to you in that capacity shortly.

meantime, I can say that, as a long time member, I think you'd already be on the returning customer rates (which the email offers). If you let your sub lapse, and go to rejoin, we email you a coupon to get an additional discount on your first period (which has the same effect the emailed coupon offers). So, you're not missing out.

Comment

I'm having trouble applying the discount for my return subscription, it just doesn't show up?

It's from the following email

Hi

Only a few days left for this special offer!
                                                ----
                                                This is a strictly limited offer, that ends on Sunday Feb 19, 2012. Re-join
                                                now so you don’t miss anything!
                                                Yet nothing happens for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Kem2000 View Post
                                                  It's from the following email
                                                  Yet nothing happens for me?
                                                  What do you mean by 'nothing' , no discount applied or doesn't continue rejoin proces ? I also note that it is stated the offer ends 19-feb and your message is from 20-feb, you DID try this on 19-feb or earlier, right ?

Comment

My bad, by nothing I meant that it didn't apply any discount.

I'm thinking it might be because of the AUS / UK time difference? (it was still sunday here ;D )

Oh well, never mind, no biggie.

Comment

actually, we extended this for a few days for "stragglers", so you can still get in on the action

Comment

I am having an odd issue. I just resubscribed on the 18th. All went well and had all access I signed up for and everything. Then today....nothing. No access to anything, and everything wants me to rejoin......? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by alomar18 View Post
                                                          I am having an odd issue. I just resubscribed on the 18th. All went well and had all access I signed up for and everything. Then today....nothing. No access to anything, and everything wants me to rejoin......? What happened?
                                                          Hi Alomar, sounds like something went wrong in the subscription system. Have notified customer-support to look into this. Please do NOT rejoin/re-sub until you've had contact with customer-support.

Comment

Hi Alomar, sounds like something went wrong in the subscription system. Have notified customer-support to look into this. Please do NOT rejoin/re-sub until you've had contact with customer-support.
                                                            Thank you, I will be sure not to rejoin or anything until I hear from them. Thanks again.

Comment

Access problems then no replies to email support

I cant get any replies to my request for support emails. Ive been trying for three days sending emails to all abbywinters addresses, with no reply. Ive only joined last week , had access for one day then I can login but not view any member content.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X