No announcement yet.

about lists/tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember lists from the last time I subscribed. I used them a lot, although I never made any personal lists. The tag system gets especially confusing when a shoot tag and a video tag, say, have the same name. I'll click on a tag and get 3 results. Then later I'll be in a video, click on the same named tag and get 3 pages.

If the tag system is going to remain, my 2 cents would be to have 1 set of tags, say shoot tags as public/moderated tags that point to shoots only. Then let people create tags that drill down to Video/Image level. The much smaller set of public tags could be moderated somehow, while the user tags can remain as is.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
      Imo I think the lists feature was much more user-friendly and functional than tags could ever even dream of being. How many folks agree with me on that?
      Well let's not start a witch hunt, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
        Well let's not start a witch hunt, eh?
        So you admit tags are a witch?

(sorry, I couldn't resist typing the first thing that popped into my mind.....)

Comment

Originally posted by jungleboy View Post
          iam a returning member. and I used to watch lists like 'bombones' and now in tags i cant find those lists or its images. so I went to old site. and my question is : do these old lists get updated with new images?
          How do you get onto the old site?

Comment

I like the idea of tags, but when you visit the front page almost all the tags that I see are dumb nasty tags like "tegan is just a big fakeing slut video", "stop fakeing and fuck that you slut", "ho my little cunt hole", and other cute little bits of nonsense. It gets a little tiresome see that everytime I visit the front page.

Comment

Like foolsfortune, I like tags too. It's sad because tags are a good idea and could be a lot of fun and helpful to the member community. But this doesn't fit the high class and respectful to models, site that is AW.

What can we do to help get this garbage off AW's front page?

Shouldn't all these comments be moved to this thread?
              Last edited by bookmanz; 24 October 2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                What can we do to help get this garbage off AW's front page?

Shouldn't all these comments be moved to this thread?
                http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=12934
                Good idea, threads merged.

What if making of NEW tags was restricted somehow? So members could vote on tags as they like up/down, but not make new tags? That leaves the problem of how to get new tags when they're needed though.

Comment

Originally posted by jogjog View Post
                  How do you get onto the old site?
                  go thi this link

if you want lists go here

but as lists are not very updated ...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                    Good idea, threads merged.

What if making of NEW tags was restricted somehow? So members could vote on tags as they like up/down, but not make new tags? That leaves the problem of how to get new tags when they're needed though.
                    It would be good that if when such egregiously offensive garbage appears the title was deleted after the content has been voted down. The idiot responsible for them is not only sullying the front page but the titles still show up on drop down options and the alphabetical listings although happily no longer against the video. images and shoots.

Perhaps the member in question could be spoken to, the error of his ways being firmly pointed out and if he continues the he loses the privilege of being allowed to create tags. I suppose initially that would mean new tag titles being monitored and/or other members reporting those which they find offensive.

tom

Comment

go thi this link

if you want lists go here

but as lists are not very updated ...!!!
                      Thanks Jungleboy!

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                        It would be good that if when such egregiously offensive garbage appears the title was deleted after the content has been voted down. The idiot responsible for them is not only sullying the front page but the titles still show up on drop down options and the alphabetical listings although happily no longer against the video. images and shoots.
                        This is being worked on, pretty much right now.

I sometimes do wonder where the anger in some of those tags seem to come from. I sure hope those members don't talk to women that way in regular live, wouldn't get them very far

Comment

Glad to see the issue is being worked on!

Massive thumbs down to fringers, tungs, ho's, and fakers.

Comment

Thanks for the update Frans.

I agree Bookmanz, perhaps there should be a selection of thumb sizes

tom

Comment

why there is no option that we can convert other people's public lists to tags . so we can continue adding pics to that tags. for example one of my fav old list is ' BOMBONES ' . and its not my own list. but if I can add this list to tags , i can add new pics to it. when i searched BOMBONES in new site I cant find it.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by jungleboy; 1 November 2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Jungleboy, have you requested that such a feature be developed? You can do this via Help Centre - Feedback - Request a Feature.

There was talk some months back of members nominating public lists they particularly liked for conversion to tags, they would become available to all and in consequence allow for updating, something not available via lists. However, with all the upheavals attendant upon the move to Amsterdam I imagine it's fallen by the wayside, at least for now.

tom

Comment

Lists can in fact be requested to be converted to tags, but that is a manual process. I think that's for the best, 'cos otherwise we would get an avalanche of lists converted clogging the system

And yes, the 'Bombones' list is being worked on

Comment

Lists can in fact be requested to be converted to tags, but that is a manual process. I think that's for the best, 'cos otherwise we would get an avalanche of lists converted clogging the system

And yes, the 'Bombones' list is being worked on
                                    Thanks for the info Frans, so the idea wasn't lost in the move. I assume one makes a request via feedback?

tom

Comment

We can of course convert our own lists into tags - as I have done with a number of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                                        Thanks for the info Frans, so the idea wasn't lost in the move. I assume one makes a request via feedback?
                                        That would work yeah. If you can include the link to the old list that'd be nice, easier to ensure the correct list is converted

Comment

That would work yeah. If you can include the link to the old list that'd be nice, easier to ensure the correct list is converted
                                          I think if Abbywinters Staffs do this job it will be better. they can browse all serious lists. and convert it to tags , without waiting for some body to reqest that.

Comment

and also the best thing about list is that we can search it with google for example:

[PHP]siteld-www.abbywinters.com inurl:"list display" intext:feet[/PHP]this will bring lists which included 'feet'
                                            Last edited by jungleboy; 2 November 2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I think if Abbywinters Staffs do this job it will be better. they can browse all serious lists. and convert it to tags , without waiting for some body to reqest that.
                                              There are/were over 65.000 (sixty-five thousand) lists. Even when you exclude private lists that stills makes a LOT of lists to screen for possible conversion. AW staff can and will convert requested public lists to tags, no problem. But they're unlikely to go and scan all old lists.

and also the best thing about list is that we can search it with google
                                              You can search for tags using the search box right-top of the page on the mainsite. It was actually one of the main complaints about lists that you couldn't search for them properly within the site.

Comment

thanks Frans , I requested some lists. hope to see it in tags

Comment

It really isn't just a matter of poor knowledge of the English language or a personal way of tagging things, is it?
                                                  I mean...'poo poo eating' , ' fringers deep in that cunt..., ' fringers in this', 'fringers in that', ...Seriously oO
                                                  That list looks like it's been built by spambots or whatnot.

A "default" list - it can be huuuuge - where members can select the appropriate tags from really would be a nice idea. With a "suggest a tag" option somewhere tucked away in the bottom.

Comment

Right, Matt80, It is a matter of immaturity and disrespect for the models, the members, and the site staff.

You can do some neat "list like" things with tags if one uses a little thought and good choice of words. A couple that I saw some members made are...
                                                    Use powerful filters and search to find real amateur shoots that float your boat - even if you're not a member.

Use powerful filters and search to find real amateur shoots that float your boat - even if you're not a member.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                                      Right, Matt80, It is a matter of immaturity and disrespect for the models, the members, and the site staff.

You can do some neat "list like" things with tags if one uses a little thought and good choice of words. A couple that I saw some members made are...

http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/As...+behind/images
                                                      Nice work. Now all that needs to be done is to put a decent (like the tag name) as the default download name.......

Comment

need a solution

when i search for tags , the results come with 'shoots' filter selected ! . so the results come zero. and every time i have to select images filter, any solution ?
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

As anything change in the model's shoot as*off today, it seems that as I access the shoot a new window pops up and somehow I cannot add any new tags. Is it only me or anybody else has this problem ?

Comment

Hi Casgrain, I just added a few a tags with no problems. What did you see? AW has said they will be working to improve tags, so maybe there have been changes. Is the new window you refer to the " i " for information window.
                                                            Click image for larger version

Name:	taginfo1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	639789

Alright taggers, all heed Chloe's Special Message!
                                                            Last edited by bookmanz; 10 November 2010, 03:41 AM. Reason: Chloe's message about tags.

Comment

I can add tags if I type the whole name into the tag box but when I try to pick from the drop-down menu the selection is not accepted the tag box remaining blank. I've reported it as a bug.

tom

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X