Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about lists/tags

Known tag issues/problems

This is a list of issues with tags which are already known. If possible a status will be added to the issue.
    • too many useless/personal tags
      - You can set a threshold which will filter out single-vote tags via 'My Account', currently this only affects Search and Browse.
    • inaccurate tags
      - Vote down (thumb down) tags which are incorrect
      - In the future tags added/voted-up by trusted people (e.g. AW staff) will get multiple votes added, combined with the 'vote filter' in My Account this will help see the tags which are good (or which a lot of of people agree with)
    • no private tags
      - You can use the Favourites feature for this, click the heart icon to add/remove a favourite. Favourites are accesable via 'My Account'.

What is the deal with the random non-sense tags

It has gotten out of hand. Many of them point to old shoots, but are on the recent list. Some examples:

two fucking white cum
    pinkman would like to do that
    two fucking cream vagina

Some of them make no sense and are not relevant to the models/shoots/videos to which they point.

Is no one approving "new" tags or can anyone add any tag they feel like?

Comment

I had an idea that this new 'tags' feature would get outta hand in a jiffy. I don't even use the things for that matter.

Comment

Hi smellitfirst, welcome to the boards.
        Yes I do believe there is a culling of the more offensive and nonsensical that is going on. When you see something like "three fucking cum cum" be sure to vote against the tag

Please, help us out and be constructive here in this thread or the Rethink tags thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
          Hi smellitfirst, welcome to the boards.
          Yes I do believe there is a culling of the more offensive and nonsensical that is going on. When you see something like "three fucking cum cum" be sure to vote against the tag

Please, help us out and be constructive here in this thread or the Rethink tags thread.
          http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=12736
          There does seem to have been a spate of oddly titled tags like those mentioned by Smellitfirst, I would presume that they make sense and have use to the creator? There may also be language issues in that not all will be fluent English speakers and may be relying on the sometimes bizarre results of translation tools. That said, however, I would concur with Bookmanz that if they offend, particularly with respect to the models then vote them down. Alas, the tag title seems (at the moment) to remain (this has been reported as a bug) even if empty. I believe that a feature request has also been made to allow for the voting down of an entire tag not just the individual artefacts it contains.
          It occurs that the same more than likely happened under the old list system but that offending items probably remained as private lists, only rarely making the short lived transition (at least in the one instance that I can recollect) to public.

The tags linked to in the Recent Tags widget refer to tags recently created not to the age of the artefacts included, thus I could create a tag consisting solely of 2004 shoots and it would appear in the widget soon after creation.

Ultimately really offensive tags can be reported via feedback.

tom
          Last edited by tom2c7777; 18 August 2010, 07:08 AM. Reason: presume language

Comment

Just for the record... I am not the "pinkman"..

Comment

Originally posted by smellitfirst View Post
              It has gotten out of hand. Many of them point to old shoots, but are on the recent list. Some examples:

two fucking white cum
              pinkman would like to do that
              two fucking cream vagina

Some of them make no sense and are not relevant to the models/shoots/videos to which they point.

Is no one approving "new" tags or can anyone add any tag they feel like?
              +1

As a returning member (was Bondii), I was also shocked a) at the new cold grey redesign, b) the crap tag search, and c) to see that the "models lists" have gone (ex. peeing/asian/tier1,2,3).

Also, the boards are dead compared to say 3 years ago.

+Amsterdam =/= 'Australian girls'

Oh well... the shoot quality seems to be holding the usual high standard, which is what matters.

Comment

I saw a the tag "tribbing" on a solo shoot. I guess that would be interesting to see, but ....
                Could there be a way to challenge a tag so someone could review it?

Comment

Originally posted by lokashant View Post
                  I saw a the tag "tribbing" on a solo shoot. I guess that would be interesting to see, but ....
                  Could there be a way to challenge a tag so someone could review it?
                  I wonder how there could be a solo trib? Interesting catch.

Yes, I think there should be a "Report this tag" option like I have seen on many blogs and comment lists. That is actually what a tag is -- an indexed, very short comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bondi_74 View Post
                    +1

As a returning member (was Bondii), I was also shocked a) at the new cold grey redesign, b) the crap tag search, and c) to see that the "models lists" have gone (ex. peeing/asian/tier1,2,3).

Also, the boards are dead compared to say 3 years ago.

+Amsterdam =/= 'Australian girls'

Oh well... the shoot quality seems to be holding the usual high standard, which is what matters.
                    My initial impressions when I rejoined a bit ago were just those. I haven't changed them much in the mean time.

Not sure about the expression syntax for "+something =/= 'string'"

Comment

new cold grey redesign
                      I like the new design

Originally posted by lokashant View Post
                      I saw a the tag "tribbing" on a solo shoot.
                      In a solo shoot, pictures (1 model obviously) were tagged "large breasts" and "small breasts"

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud View Post
                        My initial impressions when I rejoined a bit ago were just those. I haven't changed them much in the mean time.

Not sure about the expression syntax for "+something =/= 'string'"
                        Hai Spud! Glad to see you're still around too.

Kay, what I meant is:

Amsterdam does NOT equal AMATEUR AUSSIE GIRLS, which I thought was the point of the site in the first place.

Yeah Australian laws blah blah etc... whatever. IDGAF

If I want euro girls, I can just walk out the front door!

btw is photog Toby still around? She was HAWT!

Comment

Hai Spud! Glad to see you're still around too.
                          Thanks. Glad to B here.
                          Kay, what I meant is:

Amsterdam does NOT equal AMATEUR AUSSIE GIRLS, which I thought was the point of the site in the first place.

Yeah Australian laws blah blah etc... whatever. IDGAF

If I want euro girls, I can just walk out the front door!

btw is photog Toby still around? She was HAWT!
                          Where the devil do you live where you can walk out the front door and see YOUNG NEKKID WIMMEN?? I wanna move there!

Comment

guys, we're not 100% satisfied with the tags system either. It sounds like it should be easy, but in fact its not - tens of thousands of users, hundreds of thousands of entities (models, images, videos, shoots), around a dozen access levels, makes for a very big database table, which means is slow to sort, so we have to do some tricky things which have side effects, and so on. We're working on it.

At the moment, we're displaying all tags- any time anyone tags any entity with anything thing, it's displayed on recent tags, and if you look at that entity, you'll see the tag. Our goal in the future is to only show tags that have a certain number of votes, for example, if two people tag a model with "small breasts", it's increasingly likely she really does have small breasts, and that's valuable info for everyone.

Trusted members like you guys abstaining from tagging stuff is a shame - you're the people who know the most about our content, and seem to care the most about it. If we only let idiots tag, we'll only have dumb tags. the more good people who tag, the better the system gets for everyone.

We are working on a few other projects to get our members more engaged in tags, making it more satisfying, easier, and even fun. We're considering incentives as well - we could offer a "bounty" on tags - every 100 tags you make that someone else agrees with, you get a free week subscription, or something (obviously, this won't suit some people, but it might suit others). We're also looking at a website "induction", so new members learn about the tagging system and get rewards for using it, to get it ingrained from the get go.

So, the idea is not to have to police every tag, but if everyone does a little bit, the bad tags are drowned out by quality tags, made by trusted members.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the work to improve the tag system. Your ideas about engaging members to use tags in the right way sounds good.
                              I'll keep on doing what you suggest, voting up the good tags and voting down the bad.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the tag system, like Bookmanz I like the ideas for engaging members, particularly the notion of some form of induction, good and bad, do's and don'ts of tagging, you'll have some prime examples of both!!!
                                In the meantime I'll continue to exercise my inner Caesar and adding, what I hope are 'good' tags, currently slowly but pleasurably working my way from the earliest extant stills sets on a quest to matchportrait and pussy

I would say that the vast majority of tags are either useful, interesting,fun, or a combination thereof. only relatively few being silly or offensive, unfortunately they are the ones that catch the eye and raise the ire.

tom

Comment

Where the devil do you live where you can walk out the front door and see YOUNG NEKKID WIMMEN?? I wanna move there!

I'm not tellin'!

The whole tagging thing sounds like the idea that users are expected to do the work that they are paying a fairly high price for in the first place(!)

No thanks, I already have a full-time job.

I'll be curious to see how this all turns out in the long run...

Comment

Hi Bondi, when you see a tag you think is cool or right on, vote it a thumbs up!
                                    Example, A guy recently made a tag "Slim Girl Kneeling" (probably loves that pose). This image of Poppa was pretty sweet, when I saw the tag Slim Girl Kneeling, I voted the tag a Thumbs Up.

Anytime you see a tag you disagree with, exercise your vote with a thumbs down

We need the members involved to make the tag system the best for us all.

Comment

Yes, the tagging thing is a mess at the moment, and I can well understand that the staff don't have time to vet them all.
                                      But you may get good tags to which nobody else gives the thumbs-up. I have been slowly (and, I have to say, laboriously) converting many of my old lists into tags. Most of them relate to single images, not to whole sets, and I can understand if nobody else gives each image the thumbs-up; but they are still good tags, and they are mine! I don't want someone else stepping in and cancelling them because they haven't been thumbs-upped.
                                      By the way, the bad thing about the single-image tags is that you can't run through them as a sequence - the 'next' arrow takes you to the next pic of that model, not the next in the tag set. This means you can't view the set as a set: infuriating!

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                        Hi Bondi, when you see a tag you think is cool or right on, vote it a thumbs up!
                                        Example, A guy recently made a tag "Slim Girl Kneeling" (probably loves that pose). This image of Poppa was pretty sweet, when I saw the tag Slim Girl Kneeling, I voted the tag a Thumbs Up.

Anytime you see a tag you disagree with, exercise your vote with a thumbs down

We need the members involved to make the tag system the best for us all.
                                        Hi booki,

Yes I get the concept, that's not what the issue is about.

The issue is that I pay a hefty fee for a service and then am expected to do the work myself. Think about it. I mean WTF?!

Hire some people to tag all the AW content! Making the paying members do this is... well I think you know my feeling on that by now.

The old 'lists' of before the redesign were PERFECT. Just why was this dumped for this crazy, non-functional tagging system??

Comment

The issue is that I pay a hefty fee for a service and then am expected to do the work myself. Think about it. I mean WTF?!

Hire some people to tag all the AW content! Making the paying members do this is... well I think you know my feeling on that by now.
                                          As far as I know some if not all site-supported-lists were migrated to tags and are indeed updated/added-to by AW staff. The other tags (~= public lists) allows you the option to add your own classifications. You DO know that those old public-lists were created and maintained by regular members, right?

Comment

Originally posted by hippoid View Post
                                            if nobody else gives each image the thumbs-up; but they are still good tags, and they are mine! I don't want someone else stepping in and cancelling them because they haven't been thumbs-upped.
                                            They won't be canceled for you as tag-creator, but visibility of the tag for other members might be restricted based on up/down votes. Do notice the 'might' there btw

By the way, the bad thing about the single-image tags is that you can't run through them as a sequence - the 'next' arrow takes you to the next pic of that model, not the next in the tag set. This means you can't view the set as a set: infuriating!
                                            Trouble is that an image can below to lotsa tags. So how do you allow a user to go to the next 'in tag' from the correct tag ? Adding to that is that items are not ordered in a tag, where they were in a list. Makes 'next' a difficult concept. I do think it would be nice to be able to do something like we had on the old site though, where we got a 3rd navigation-bar on top if you viewed an image coming from a list. You *can* view a thumbnail overview of a specific tag, so something like that should be possible.

Comment

I'm not tellin'!
                                              Pretty please (with sugar on it)?
                                              The whole tagging thing sounds like the idea that users are expected to do the work that they are paying a fairly high price for in the first place(!)....
                                              I don't think that the objective is to have the users do the work. I think the objective was to have a system where users could share their ideas about a particular subject. Had the tagging system been the original there would probably be less gripes, but lists were first and I am still not sure why the idea of going to tags got started. Sure tags on blogs are great, but images are different IMHO) and tagging doesn't make sense (unless you make tagging and listing identical).

.02 from da Spud

Comment

I think the tag idea was partly to enable a better search function for the site. There's still a few bugs in the whole system though it seems. I'd guess with the move those bugs haven't been fixed as quickly as had been hoped by members and staff alike. I'm willing to give it a while longer. Then again I haven't been much of a tagger or voter, though I have used them a little. I didn't really use the old lists either. I enjoy and prefer the fave feature for the stuff I want to be able to find quickly.

Comment

Tags grrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by garionhall View Post

At the moment, we're displaying all tags- any time anyone tags any entity with anything thing, it's displayed on recent tags, and if you look at that entity, you'll see the tag. Our goal in the future is to only show tags that have a certain number of votes, for example, if two people tag a model with "small breasts", it's increasingly likely she really does have small breasts, and that's valuable info for everyone.
                                                  If that's the case, it destroys my reason for using them. I used to make a quick list of models that I wanted to review at a later date, when I had time. Now if I tag the shoot / model, the tag is only relevant to me so won't get votes and disappear :-(

Comment

Originally posted by mikespume View Post
                                                    If that's the case, it destroys my reason for using them. I used to make a quick list of models that I wanted to review at a later date, when I had time. Now if I tag the shoot / model, the tag is only relevant to me so won't get votes and disappear :-(
                                                    You could (ab)use the favorites system for that ?

Comment

[...]But you may get good tags to which nobody else gives the thumbs-up. I have been slowly (and, I have to say, laboriously) converting many of my old lists into tags. Most of them relate to single images, not to whole sets, and I can understand if nobody else gives each image the thumbs-up; but they are still good tags, and they are mine! I don't want someone else stepping in and cancelling them because they haven't been thumbs-upped.[...]
                                                      My reading is that if the tag doesn't get any votes it will only be visible to you, the creator, presumably after a reasonable time has passed since creation, otherwise no tags would get votes!! Perhaps Garion can confirm that is the intention?

tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                                                        presumably after a reasonable time has passed since creation, otherwise no tags would get votes!!
                                                        Oh, good catch! Yeah there better be some timer on that. Or instead of making them invisible show them in a 'show more' expanding tab (initially collapsed) ?

Some merging of tags also wouldn't hurt, I've seen several combinations of 'long' 'blond' 'hair'

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                          Oh, good catch! Yeah there better be some timer on that. Or instead of making them invisible show them in a 'show more' expanding tab (initially collapsed) ?

Some merging of tags also wouldn't hurt, I've seen several combinations of 'long' 'blond' 'hair'
                                                          Aye, a wee bit of merging wouldn't go amiss, before I create a new tag I have a quick look to see if there's anything the same or nearly so. Perhaps it might be a point worth making in any 'induction'.

Maybe a two stage tab? 'show more' firstly only those with votes then a show all stage

tom

Comment

I don't think that the objective is to have the users do the work. I think the objective was to have a system where users could share their ideas about a particular subject. Had the tagging system been the original there would probably be less gripes, but lists were first and I am still not sure why the idea of going to tags got started. Sure tags on blogs are great, but images are different IMHO) and tagging doesn't make sense (unless you make tagging and listing identical).
                                                            Well, to date the objectives and the reality are different, which is the problem for me.

FFS the first time I tried to find all things 'Asian', the search (after an eternity) a) brought me no results, the second time b) delivered a mixture of asian and non-asian content. Needless to say I was pissed off.

The search function is the BACKBONE of the site, and as such is simply not delivering!

This is in every way a step backwards over what we had in AW before.
                                                            At least bring back the old lists page, as I don't see this tags mess getting sorted out any time soon.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X