Beta: random shoot widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta: random shoot widget

On the members news page, we have a new random shoot widget thing. We've labeled it as a Beta, because while it's not perfect, it is fun to use, and we should we'd get some feedback on it before we polish it too much.

Each time you load the page it'll show a random shoot, and if you click the NEXT button, you'll see another random shoot. We hope to expose our members to material from our back catalogue that they may not have seen.

(As a beta, this widget may not be up an working all the time, tho we'll try to make it so).

Let us know what you think!

Sounds like a fab idea except:
    I don'r see it anywhere!
    By members news page you mean here?
    Daily updates add to the massive back catalogue of content. Use interactive widgets to explore tags, recommendations, and be pleasantly surprised by erotica that feels good!

DP

Comment

I do mean that, and, it's there now.

But like I said, being a beta, it may not always be there.

Comment

With a landscape pic, there is a huge amount of white space between shoot-title/colored-thingie and bottom of the box/next button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	white1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	640004

Portrait pics look fine (and tall )

Comment

oh yeah, not all members may notice the new widget. With my layout it appeared well below the first 'screen' i.e. out of direct sight.

Comment

I reset my layout to 'default' and it's there and working now.

DP

Comment

A fine wee widget, a fine adjunct to the One Year Ago rave in reminding us of the delights to be found in the archive. I struck Gold on my first click of Next; Gemma T, ahh...

Thinking about the positioning, might it be better sited alongside or as close as rave lengths and the number of shoot on any given day allow to the One Year Ago rave, pairing 'like with like'? Oops! I should have specified original position, where sited by default because we can always pick up and move the widgets to suit ourselves.

A 'random discovery'; I've just run a search a that returned 0 results, in addition to advice on how to refine my search also presented were some randomly selected shoots for my perusal, a fine innovation

tom
              Last edited by tom2c7777; 23 December 2010, 06:37 AM. Reason: Oops & 'random discovery'

Comment

So many girls, so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post
                  Thinking about the positioning, might it be better sited alongside or as close as rave lengths and the number of shoot on any given day allow to the One Year Ago rave, pairing 'like with like'? Oops! I should have specified original position, where sited by default because we can always pick up and move the widgets to suit ourselves.
                  well, you can move the widget where-ever you like...

A 'random discovery'; I've just run a search a that returned 0 results, in addition to advice on how to refine my search also presented were some randomly selected shoots for my perusal, a fine innovation

Comment

Awesome widget thanx abbywinters!

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                      well, you can move the widget where-ever you like...
                      Sure, if you KNOW it exists. The point is/was that members might miss it entirely if it shows outside the usual view of their main page (i.e. without scrolling down). A mechanism to introduce new widgets the top of either left or right column might be useful. Just once place it there, after that members are of course free to move it anywhere they like.. but then they are aware of what's on offer

Comment

good idea!

Comment

I like this, it's fun.

Comment

Garion this a great idea and brings back some lovely girls. I do hope this stays.

Comment

This is a great idea -- I've taken a look at a lot of shoots I had forgotten about (I'm a long-time member) or somehow hadn't seen. You can sort randomly otherwise, but having this on the front page makes it more likely to be done. Thanks!

Comment

A "previous" button on the widget would be good.

Comment

It would be nice if the "show me only what I paid for" option used for the rest of the main page applied to the random shoot thing as well. No point in being suggested something I can't do anything with

Comment

Originally posted by mada77 View Post
                                    No point in being suggested something I can't do anything with
                                    Subscribe?

Comment

nice try, Frans.

Mada77, that's a good idea. I will add it to the mix.

Comment

I love it! I have to admit that I am one of the longtime members who misses the outdoor shoots with great interviews. I look at this as a new special treat. It has made me have a greater appreciation for AW. Amazing how many great models are on this site.

Comment

Best new idea for ages. Unfortunately it also serves to show what Abby Winters used to be like as a 'girl next door' site.
                                          Maybe there's a moral in the fact that this is a good idea, Keep the ideas simple and look back and see what you did best.

Comment

I think you've recently changed the beta of this so that random shoots are shown in a queue with each new click of the mouse... but when you then select one of the shoots to view, view it, and then click BACK to go back to random shoots again ... you are now at the beginning of that fixed queue and you have to click through all the ones you've seen previously. In the original implementation of this feature, all the shoots were shown randomly without any fixed queue. Clicking on a shoot and then clicking BACK to the "Random shoots" would once again have you at a new Random shoot and each subsequent click would again be random. I say lose the fixed queue... put it back so each click is random. Not sure when this change was made but I feel like it was just within the past few weeks....

Comment

Well, Dears

I might point out that it was one of your excellent shoots I might have missed. Members use tags not only to find shoots, but to avoid them as well.

PS: Under various nicknames, I have been a member for well over 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by caowabunga View Post
                                                Well, Dears

I might point out that it was one of your excellent shoots I might have missed. Members use tags not only to find shoots, but to avoid them as well.

PS: Under various nicknames, I have been a member for well over 6 years.
                                                Which shoot is that caowabunga?? I saw a McKenzie shoot in the random shoots the other day and had a wonderful "flashback". McKenzie was one of my earliest Fav's. I also went to click on the discuss button only to find I wouldn't be discussing the McKenzie shoot but the "random shoot widget" idea.

Thinking it's a great idea and wonders when it will move from beta to full?? (is there really any difference in this case??)

Comment

The random shoot widget is great. I click on it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                                    The random shoot widget is great. I click on it a lot.
                                                    Agreed.... Look what just appeared on my screen... Violeta!!!!!

A not to be missed for those that have not found this little cutie before.....

Pinky

Comment

Top wondrous photography, Rossana solo outdoors

I had to write you a few lines to express my emotion to see such beautiful photography, with all the ingredients to thank life for it! The girl, the flowers, nature untouched ... Please, we want more and cheers for AbbyWinters!

Comment

Mmmm Margaret!

Comment

Random Shoots provided on Home Page

I always think they provide a very good entrance to the site, (and boy do I like good entrances !), just something random , this idea should be persisted with I think. Thanks for your help. I do think that your company provides the most amazing and beautiful sexy bits and bobs,the girls and the photography are amazing and you are to be congratulated.

Thanks and Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream1 View Post
                                                            I always think they provide a very good entrance to the site, (and boy do I like good entrances !), just something random , this idea should be persisted with I think. Thanks for your help. I do think that your company provides the most amazing and beautiful sexy bits and bobs,the girls and the photography are amazing and you are to be congratulated.

Thanks and Cheers
                                                            Welcome to the boards icecream.... I also love the random widget thingy....

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                                            On the members news page, we have a new random shoot widget thing. We've labeled it as a Beta, because while it's not perfect, it is fun to use, and we should we'd get some feedback on it before we polish it too much.

Each time you load the page it'll show a random shoot, and if you click the NEXT button, you'll see another random shoot. We hope to expose our members to material from our back catalogue that they may not have seen.

(As a beta, this widget may not be up an working all the time, tho we'll try to make it so).

Let us know what you think!
                                                            Well, it's seems that the "very stable" beta version is a major hit with some of us members and glad that it is still here. Now I'm not sure what if anything needs to be polished too much, but would be very interested in an improved mk II version.

Looking forward to the day that it is no longer a beta and the fully blown AW widget.

Pinky

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X