Members login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members login screen

On my pc. When I click on members login page. Nothing happens.bottom of page says. Error on page.
    However if I go to community discussion page and enter my login details it brings up the login box.
    I enter my details and get a successful login even without entering random letters!! Strange??
    I use IE
    David

Which IE version do you use ?

It sounds like an old problem, did you try clearing your web browser cache and reloading the page (using control-F5) ?

Comment

Thanks Frans
      have now changed to firefox and problem solved
      David

Comment

Originally posted by djbjsy View Post
        Thanks Frans
        have now changed to firefox and problem solved
        Good to know, but which IE did you have problems with ? It's useful for me to know such things.

Comment

I think it was 7. something. i was persuaded to upgrade to 9 beta!!
          big mistake!! did not work for me with vista
          thats why i loaded firefox
          hope this helps

Comment

Ah, ok. Haven't tested with IE9 yet. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I have had the same experience on IE8, once in a while I would type "nocode" in the box and the site would let me log in. Other times I would type in "no code" and I would get "log in successful" but the page would never reload. I would then close the browser and open another window and the log in creds would be applied and I would have full access to the site. I'll admit this is strange but at least I got it to work.

Comment

I've got 8 and I have to copy and paste to ;log in ,but once I;m in I dont have to log out -your computer may have more users than mine so its up to you whearther you logout or not
                Last edited by sterling3; 18 January 2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling always

Comment

I've been having quite a tough time getting logged into the AW site in the last couple of weeks and I'm worried that although after much struggling I did manage to get logged in tonight, one day it isn't gonna work at all and I'll be out. I've submitted a trouble ticket about this issue and I even posted about this issue in another thread but the problem persists. And this is happening on more than just one computer so that's what's got me worried.

What happens is after I enter my U & P into the popup and click 'Login,' the login box just stays there and I can't get any further than that. AW is the only site this happens on.

I have recently updated one of my browsers to IE8 and I also use Opera as a backup but either way I'm having a tough time getting logged into the site most of the time.

Comment

*updated* to IE8? IE8 itself is pretty old, if you want to try another browser try Firefox. That's supported while Opera isn't and I know from experience that Opera has/had it's own little quirks.

What happens if you type a username/password you know are incorrect ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      *updated* to IE8? IE8 itself is pretty old, if you want to try another browser try Firefox. That's supported while Opera isn't and I know from experience that Opera has/had it's own little quirks.

What happens if you type a username/password you know are incorrect ?
                      What I meant to say is I upgraded the browser to IE 10.

The login popup box just stays there after I've entered my username and password and clicked the 'Login' button.

Right now I'm in with Opera. I have tried Firefox in the past but immediately had to get rid of it because of spontaneous and random browser crash issues. Firefox would just simple disappear and I couldn't get it to stay up.

Comment

Just tested AW login on a windows7/IE10 setup and it worked fine. Do you wait for the mainpage to be fully loaded *before* you attempt to login?

Also what happens if you willfully enter an incorrect username/password, anything at all?

Comment

Just tested AW login on a windows7/IE10 setup and it worked fine. Do you wait for the mainpage to be fully loaded *before* you attempt to login?

Also what happens if you willfully enter an incorrect username/password, anything at all?
                          I generally wait for all the pictures in the homepage to load proper before I hit the 'Login' button at the upper-right. Usually that takes about ten seconds and I'm on a broadband cable connection. The last couple of days I have been able to log in using IE10 though I notice some pages on this and other sites tend to hang and I have to close then reopen the browser and try again. This on a new installation of Windows 7 on a brand new hard drive. I'm thinking the issue is more of an issue with IE10 and its incompatibility with yet a lot of sites out there. Site admins can help alot by providing feedback to Microsoft Corporation as to how their websites are working or not with the new IE10 browser. Just making a suggestion.

Comment

By the way I meant to say thanks, Frans, for helping me find this thread, though it isn't one o' my threads.

Comment

You're welcome. I've not seen any hang/crash problems with IE10 yet. What anti-virus/security software do you use ?

Comment

I've been using Avast for a number of years now and I keep it updated.

Comment

I asked 'cos I used the standard Microsoft Security software and had no problems. If problems are persistent enough you might want to test with Avast off ?

Comment

I asked 'cos I used the standard Microsoft Security software and had no problems. If problems are persistent enough you might want to test with Avast off ?
                                    Could probably do that with sites I know well like AW.

Comment

see someone from turkey trying to logon my username again and i had to log back on again ???

Comment

A single attempt might be just a spelling error (it wasn't a succesfull attempt, right?)

Changing your password might be a good idea regardless and do check for further attempts.

Comment

how do you check the logins anwyway???, I'm now a bit curios being here a year and never checking it

Comment

ok, found it, but there is no IP, I don't login often, the list of 5 goes back to november when I was on holiday in barbados, but I can't find enywhere I can see where the login was from

Comment

not the first time someone from turkey tried to logon under my username as I have checked the ip's before been watching where its from ,no iwill watch for more attemps later on maybe change my username to ,been here awhile now and rarely log out ever unless i cleanup my computer

Comment

they are still trying to login from turkey just checked login s failed again

Comment

Originally posted by sterling2 View Post
                                                  they are still trying to login from turkey just checked login s failed again
                                                  Odd.. just a single attempt or several ?

Comment

appears to be several as i checked the ip addresses,not going to logout any time soon either must not have found out the password yet

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                    Working...
                                                    X