Can no longer view preview vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer view preview vids

Just starting now, I can no longer watch the preview vids. I used to just click on any preview vid and it would come up and play, but now I get a box in the bottom right hand corner of my screen which says:

You have chosen to open pr_im_dewisandravid1_768x432_900k.flv which is a: flv File from: http://us-g1.abbywinters.com (For this example, I'm using Dewisandra's IM)

Then Firefox asks whether I want to open it or save it. When I click open, it downloads it, but then comes a message saying windows cannot open the file and needs to know what program created the file.

I've never had this problem before. This only occurs trying to watch preview vids. Everything works fine when playing the regular vids in stream mode, just by clicking on the vids. What's going on???

Same happened to me Laktor.... I gather its a Firefox thing... I selected open and choose a "viewing" program from browse that has been set up to view flv files. In my case KM Player. It now opens up the player and plays it... but yes it does seem to download it before playing... which means that it seems to play smoother without that annoying spinning circle thing appearing when it try up catch up.

My question is there a reason why not all videos have a preview??? Is there some system to what does and what doesn't.

Good luck laktor

Pinky

Comment

Hey laktor, you have company !... i have exactly the same problem. It started this afternoon just after i downloaded/upgraded the latest version of Firefox 4.0.1...i thought maybe i botched up something.I was going to wait until the morning and then ask Tech.support but you beat me to it...i'm sure it's very simple to rectify...the difference with me is it goes straight to download..it doesn't ask me whether i want to open or save it.

RYL tj

Last edited by tjsunray; 7 May 2011, 02:35 AM.

Comment

ok..... maybe its not a firefox thing... maybe it is a AW thing. Cause I don't understand why there is a difference in playing a preview video and a full video in "flash" video mode. Why only the preview does this new download thing happen...

Confused Pinky (again)

Comment

The Special message video in the top right hand corner featuring Marina & Marietta doesn't do anything ?...try it !
          Last edited by tjsunray; 7 May 2011, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Yip.... Nothing.... Just tried it in IE and also nothing...

I just tried the preview thing in IE and got the same message... it must be a AW thing... wonder if its anything to do with them looking at subtitles for the videos????
            Last edited by mrpinkeyes; 7 May 2011, 03:27 AM. Reason: I remembered I could see previews without being logged on to AW. so didn't need to be too lazy to search for my user ID

Comment

Yes, this happened after I upgraded to Firefox 4.0, which happened unintentionally since I had no problems with the version I was using. But it still doesn't explain why the problems only happen with preview vids and not the regular full vids.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                Yes, this happened after I upgraded to Firefox 4.0, which happened unintentionally since I had no problems with the version I was using. But it still doesn't explain why the problems only happen with preview vids and not the regular full vids.
                Don't you just hate that !... you just got comfortable with the current version and know your way around and then you're asked to download/upgrade to another version.This version has "Home" in the very far RH corner.

Comment

Ok, there indeed is something wrong with the preview vids. They should play within the browser, not download. Will get HQ to look into that.

Comment

For me it works in Firefox 4.0.1 and in IE 9.

Comment

I set Firefox to download them, then play the FLV files in VLC Media Player.

Comment

Originally posted by netjay View Post
                        For me it works in Firefox 4.0.1 and in IE 9.
                        Huh.. yeah now it works as it should. Somebody must be working weekends over at HQ

Comment

Hurray !...everything is back to normal again !....thanks to everyone involved...have a good weekend.

Comment

Yes, all is ok now. My thanks for the quick fix.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X