Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to the Creative Director

Hi Guys,

My name is Frankie. I have been working as the Creative Director at abbywinters.com for almost a year now. Previous to that I was a video editor for 4 years. I have been chatting to the members on a few different forums as was asked to create one place where you guys can send questions, comments and feedback. So if you have anything you want to ask or comment on please leave a post here and I will endeavour to get back to you ASAP.

Enjoy the site.

Best,

Frankie

Hi Frankie,
    The models are amazing and terrific, and the shoots are great quality!

But there is only one thing missing the past few years.
    Are you guys planing doing more group girl shoots like Fitball, Yoga, ect...?
    Also have you guys thought about a multi-model outdoor shoots in Ibiza or elsewhere, like shoots in North Queensland or the old Special Project?

Comment

Great to meet you here.

I'm a vid producer, videographer and editor myself, been doing digital video production on a professional level for several years now and I've been in the Broadcast business for about 30 years, radio and television.

Abbywinters is the one site that not only offeres the best in quality but also strives to keep bettering its best, that's just a couple of reasons why I like to stay a member of AW but also one of many reasons why I rave about the AW site so much. Y'all're doing such a fantastic job and it just keeps getting better all the time.

Comment

Hi again Frankie....

Be nice to have some of my previous questions to you answered (from Hiding tatoos (tattoos) thread)

Also would love to know AWHQ's current thinking of (plans for)
        "Afterdark"
        "Abby Webcam"
        Dedicated "Boy/Girl section"
        The Random Shoot widget - is it past the beta stage.. as it seems to be working amazingly well.

Now I know that some of these may not totally fall under "creative" but we very really see any AW management posting on the boards now days so thought I would make the most of the opportunity.

Thanks

Pinky

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. It is really nice to hear some positive stuff so thanks for that and of course the negative or constructive stuff is helpful too!

mrpinkeyes- I tried to answer your questions in that thread you linked too. So can you let me know if there is anything I did not cover.

I think the tattoo issue has been clarified. It is something we try to not place attention on, focus on other aspects we value models that are the natural features of the model. Sometimes we have placed too high a value on getting the tattoo out of a shoot and that has caused it to be contrived and we acknowledge this and are working on it. I also appreciate the general consensus of the members on this and the feedback is great.

Afterdark- its being released at one per month and will stay that way for the time being with possibilities for expansion.

Abbywebcam- this is being worked on. Cant confirm dates as yet, but we are working on it.

Boy/Girl- We have a dedicated site section, but for its own site we need to build up more updates than one per month.

random shoot widget- agreed just needs web dev time.

Bookmanz- funny you mention the t1 shoot. I have something planned at the moment, but its not locked in yet, no location and not everything confirmed but we have an idea and are desperate to make it happen. Of course you guys will be the first to hear about it. A trip is certainly an option and we have looked at that too worth exploring.

Thanks guys, keep posting.

Frankie

Comment

Hi Frankie...just a short comment on my part.

Considering the huge risk and challenges confronted with the decision to relocate to a new country...thankfully, AW's is in operation, still flourishing and producing the best adult material...as well as and on a continuous basis, introduces new and exciting ideas...hopefully straying not too far from it's original concept.

Comment

hi Frankie, first thakyou for starting this thread to talk to you directly, it's good to know our feedback is aprecated and considered with AW moving forward but it's even better to get a response to know for sure
              the mystery shoots have been a great stage to try new ideas and I think it's good to see AW trying some things that not everyone might like but you have to put it out there and see what people think, I think some of the ideas have been great and I hope some are done more in the future and I love the podcasts and AW education alot and I hope they will be here for good

I new here so I'm not familiar with what the site used to be like but I think the orginal concept is being followed quite well and at the same time the site is maturing very nicely, so continue to try new things and listen to feedback and the site will continue to improve in the future

Thanks again Frankie!!

Comment

I have 2 small things that bother me:

Don't make the model call a house "my home" when it isn't their real home. It's an obvious lie to the viewers.
                Anyway, is there any model who shoot in their own home in Amsterdam?

Having sheets to cover couches doesn't look great. If you really have to do it, make sure that the sheets won't fall during the shoot. Girls stopping what's they are doing to put the sheets back doesn't look good.

Comment

I was also wondering, when you say that you are working on the hiding tattoos problem, does that mean that in future if the model has tattoos and doesn't object to showing them, then they will be shown? I don't mean will they be emphasized because you've made it clear that they won't, but will they be shown and will the models take off items of clothing that hide them?

I also agree with Redlabka's comments. The models aren't in their own homes, and it's not a good look when they pretend that they are but then don't know where anything is.

Oh, and Afterdark, does what you say mean that there are not any more being made?

It's good to see that AW management does care about the members, so glad to see you here.

On a more general level, what exactly does the Creative Director do? From the way Masie and Kylie and the models talk here on the boards, it seems as though the models and the shooters have a big say in how a shoot is made. How does the Creative Director fit in with the shooters? Is it for example the CD who decides, let's make this one a guerrilla shoot, or an outdoor shoot, or a houseboat shoot, but the shooters who then take it from there? Or is the CD's role different from that altogether?

Never having done anything creative in my life, I have no idea how these things work.

Comment

Thanks Frankie...

Pleased to read that webcam is still in the thinking/planning and the widget is here to stay. So does that mean that any afterdark shoots have been done in Europe and/or that there is an intention to continue this "style" when to Aussie shot afterwards run out??

A couple of new questions...

Can you please also confirm what the new/current weekly/monthly release policy is for the shoots are or aim is... Don't want to hold you to it as I know its been a sensitive subject after the move to A/dam.

I have mentioned this before... But is there a creative reason to have clothing thrown and placed (on door handles, lamp shades bed posts etc) all around many of the shoots? Other than Kylie's room ( ), I'm imagine this is not setting an authentic set up to the models own home.

Last question (for today) Is Tags still a work in progress??? or is it working as intended and this is as good as it's going to get until the members get the voting up and down thing right? I recall Garion asked the question/mentioned about giving different votes to responsible taggers? Is this still under consideration? Personally, I like the idea and potential of tags but in reality, it's very frustrating using to search and confusing when tagging. (Example, if you see a model squirt what tag to use... "big squirt" "large squirt" "little squirt" "squirt" "squirt queen" "squirter" "squirting" "squirts" or "ejaculation" "vaginal ejaculation" even "gushing" "GUSHING PUSSY" as all have been used to tag as scene showing Female ejaculation.)

Comment: I'm not a big fan of B/G shoots so I skipped watching them all together now. Which works well except when confronted with a "Penis" on the home page. This also falls into my other pet whinge about genitalia only pictures of the models in the Home page "advert/link" to the shoot. Which seems to have greatly improved since the "Dahlia debacle". But no harm in reminding you

Thanks Frankie...

Pinky...
                    I hope my posts aren't coming across too negative... as I very much like it here and I wouldn't ask or moan if I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                      I have mentioned this before... But is there a creative reason to have clothing thrown and placed (on door handles, lamp shades bed posts etc) all around many of the shoots? Other than Kylie's room ( ), I'm imagine this is not setting an authentic set up to the models own home.
                      As I was reading this Ben was saying to me "and this pile of clothes, what is this?"
                      "Umm...those are clean..."
                      "But haven't they been here for like 2 weeks?"
                      "Ummmm....yes"

and earlier.... "Are these the jeans you were looking for?"
                      "Yessss, yay!!!"
                      Ben turns the jeans inside out to wash them and credit card tumbles to the floor. "And isn't that credit card you were missing?"
                      "Oh sweet!"

So you can safely add me to the list with Kylie.

Comment

Originally posted by renae_d View Post
                        As I was reading this Ben was saying to me "and this pile of clothes, what is this?"
                        "Umm...those are clean..."
                        "But haven't they been here for like 2 weeks?"
                        "Ummmm....yes"

and earlier.... "Are these the jeans you were looking for?"
                        "Yessss, yay!!!"
                        Ben turns the jeans inside out to wash them and credit card tumbles to the floor. "And isn't that credit card you were missing?"
                        "Oh sweet!"

So you can safely add me to the list with Kylie.
                        Hope you don't mind me weighing in on this. I can see where you're coming from Renae...but explain brassieres hanging from the picture frame ... ok !...kinky, wild and crazy sex...not a bad thing !

Comment

haha true, I think the unbelievable part about that is how hard it actually is to get them to stay like that

Comment

Hi Frankie

I'm going to discuss the tattoo issue further because my thoughts are more about creative direction instead of asking why something is done.

As you said in your reply, you want to focus on the natural aspects of the model. The problem is that as members we all have different parts and poses of the female that we like. For some it might be the ass, the shoulders, underarms, etc... And favourite poses like bending over, or legs spread etc...

If you shoot around tattoos you are denying members the opportunity to see their favourite parts and / or poses. And this is where it becomes both obvious and disappointing. I understand the need to exclude heavy make up. But tattoos should be seen in the same light as moles, birthmarks or scars. They should only be hidden if the model feels it infringes on her privacy (due to the identifying factor).

Tatoos or no tattoos. Shaved or unshaved. Present the model as they were the day before and the day after the shoot. As she was on her way to work the day before or at her friend's house on the weekend. I dont see a need to "prepare" the model to fit into the site. The premise of the site is natural. The model as she is fits the site more than the model as we expect her to be.

Comment

Agree Rabo... and I would also imagine that most models are passionate about the body art... which was part of what AW is about showing the models doing things the are passionate about... in this case not so much the doing but the result.

In saying that I'm not a huge fan of tattoo's but if the models have them then I would prefer to see them.

Ohhh Renae!!! Poor Ben... (never thought I would read myself saying that ) How do you cope when traveling??

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                                Hope you don't mind me weighing in on this. I can see where you're coming from Renae...but explain brassieres hanging from the picture frame ... ok !...kinky, wild and crazy sex...not a bad thing !
                                Originally posted by renae_d View Post
                                haha true, I think the unbelievable part about that is how hard it actually is to get them to stay like that
                                In fairness, I have often flung off my bra in a theatrical gesture when getting undressed (alone) and had it land somewhere unlikely, hanging from something, and then left it there purely because I feel like a boss for making something unlikely happen. But, it's usually a lamp or wardrobe door rather than a photoframe.

(Although I do agree that it's pretty hilarious to see those bras hanging there, reminds me of movies where guys hang their sexual partner's underwear up like a trophy)

Comment

Does this mean Garion is no longer the creative director? I notice he hasn't posted since April. Is he still wih AW?

Comment

Originally posted by iggybec View Post
                                    Does this mean Garion is no longer the creative director? I notice he hasn't posted since April. Is he still wih AW?
                                    Posted 10th Feb 2012
                                    Originally posted by Frankie View Post
                                    Creative Director- was what Garion was doing and now is what I am doing, although we regularly collaborate together it is now my responsibility.
                                    I gather (from twitter) that Garion has spent some time in Melbourne just recently. Hope all is well with him and that we will see him back on the boards in the future.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the posts and feedback. I will try and get through all of the questions, but if I have missed anything let me know and I will respond.

Redlabka- Models do shoots in their own houses, although privacy prevents most other models from shooting in their houses although I can confirm we regularly shoot models in their own rooms and houses. Not sure of the example you are referring to but we don't want to be encouraging models to pretend with items and talk that is not true and I understand your points completely. Also regarding the sheets, this is often a matter of model and location owner comfort. But it should look more natural. I also noted some humorous observations and points regarding the art direction or "hanging bras", the idea behind this is to show more of the models personal things, clothes and objects and also to provide some colour in the image. However as the linked image points out, sometimes this goes a bit beyond the natural and is overkill.

Afterdark- At the moment we have several shoots so booking afterdark shoots at this point is not a priority although I am very keen to explore the theme further with more shoots.

Schedule is going to stay as it has been for the last 7 months. Nothing sensitive here.

Tags and what to tag. We are confident tags can work and the problem of what to tag a specific thing is a bug or thing we have been working on a solution that will be able to merge tags of a similar nature so that when you search for something like squirting all of the similar tags are grouped to be included in the search. Hopefully this can be incorporated soon to iron out some of those issues identified.

So Garion still works at abby and we collaborate and meet pretty regularly, although I am now the Creative Director.

To explain my role in a bit more detail to give some context. I am not that involved in day to day shoots. The shooters have lots of freedom, particularly the more experienced ones. I do train them all and work extensively with them planning shoots in their initial period, however as they develop my role with them becomes less hands on. I focus more on setting the process for how we approach shoots, which is about interacting with you guys, interpreting feedback and setting approaches for all shooters to take to incorporate the feedback. I also focus on creative developments like Mystery Shoot, Editor's Choice, Radio Podcast, AW education and T1 shoots that are bigger scale. I am glad to say we have finished a shoot two days ago that will be released soon and we are very excited about it! There are more of these style projects that I am planning to introduce to the site. I hope that gives more information to those who asked about what my role is.

Tattoos. So thanks for all the comments on this. Our approach is that we prefer to shoot models without any tattoos and to have models come in their most natural states. Those that we do shoot, the priority of the shoot is always focused on other more important factors than getting out her tattoos. We acknowledge the feedback regarding how we have created contrived shoots by focusing on this too much and we have taken that feedback on board and plan on implementing it in future shoots.

Ok guys thanks again for the comments and posts, enjoy the site.

Frankie

Comment

Redlabka- Models do shoots in their own houses, although privacy prevents most other models from shooting in their houses although I can confirm we regularly shoot models in their own rooms and houses. Not sure of the example you are referring to but we don't want to be encouraging models to pretend with items and talk that is not true and I understand your points completely.

Frankie
                                        Firstly... thanks for your replies... you answered all my questions.

Quick comment on your reply to Redlabka... I would imagine "location" would prevent MOST other models from shooting in their own homes.
                                        An example of what Redlabka may have been alluding to is the very sexy and cute Maya C Solo.. the second one. Showing us around "her" place.

Anyway... No new questions for me today... Thanks again for replying.

Comment

So Frankie, when you say "Garion still works here", does he still own Abby Winters or has he sold the site, or sold a controlling interest? And if it's now controlled by someone else, who is it?

Otherwise, what you say is interesting, but not very specific.

I'm glad to see that a major part of what you do is interacting with "us guys". I hope that means that we'll see you posting on the boards more often.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am still here, and still the Owner. So look out.

(but maybe Frans or Luxman could update our boards titles appropriately?)

g

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                              (but maybe Frans or Luxman could update our boards titles appropriately?)
                                              Done

Frankie, would it be accurate to say you can come up with some ideas and the shooters realize them? Must be fun to see an idea come to fruition. AW Education was quite fun btw, but you prolly gathered that from the thread/feedback already.

Comment

Models do shoots in their own house
                                                You should tell us when it's the case. There is something intimate about seeing the home of a model.

Comment

Frankie, as creative director you should be able to answer this question. Are the shooters instructed not to ask the models about any previous nude modelling experience they may have had, or other experience in the adult industry (eg stripping, webcams, etc)? Obviously they would be instructed not to publicise other rival sites, but are they instructed to avoid that topic altogether?

If there is such an instruction, could you explain why?

If there isn't, could you explain why it is that the topic is never mentioned?

Thanks.

And it's good to see that Garion is still alive and kicking.
                                                  Last edited by JacksonP49; 27 July 2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Also, what is AW Education? Does it exist? If so, where is it?

Comment

where is the place for discussion of editing and shooting on AW generally, not just feedback on a particular shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by hypnotized View Post
                                                        where is the place for discussion of editing and shooting on AW generally, not just feedback on a particular shoot?
                                                        Right here? Or create a thread in 'general discussion' if you want to get a discussion on it going.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonP49 View Post
                                                          Also, what is AW Education? Does it exist? If so, where is it?
                                                          It was launched as a mystery shoot, here: http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/mystery_shoot_10

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                            Right here? Or create a thread in 'general discussion' if you want to get a discussion on it going.
                                                            thanks, will do. But first a quickie, I hope it belongs here too: I find the audio quality on all AW videos dissapointing, as if the mics aren't good enough. It may be small, but to me it does matter, and I did a direct comparison, and found that other sites that seem much less polished than AW have what seem like less noisy mics.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X