I recently wrote a book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently wrote a book.

It's copyright 2012 and about to be published online... It's entitled ''100 quotes, theories & expressions, from a child's perspective''

This book is 100 pages quick read book, from my personal innocent view of life, where each page gives you one phrase/paragraph or just a sentence to ponder on for the day, sometimes with the adult left brain required explanations, sometimes left for your own understanding.

(Although in ''Meditations from Conversations with God - Neale walsch'' was intended for the same thing - read one quote a day- but I read the whole thing in 2 hours and was mindblown . )

Some quotes from the book:

1) Children are individuals, respect that.

Children and especially teens have their own minds, thus; their own thoughts, views, opinions, feelings and perceptions unique to them. Often, they're understanding of things is much more clear, intuitive and innocent due to their lack of adulteration. Many times, adults tend to passively wave away their children's perspective on things, when paying more attention may could benefit them more than they realize.

2) Why do people feel anger?

... They're tired of feeling sad.

Anger is often an emotion that often becomes over-bearing when sadness no longer proves beneficial or helpful. For instance, if one has been feeling trapped in a situation for long periods of time in a state of sadness, and begins to feel helpless, but nothing changes, their emotional response to that situation may change to anger since that emotion seems to motivate one to take more control over that situation and themselves, and spark a change.

3) Many of us unconsciously strive to fail, because we don't want to intimidate others.

In life, the majority of us are so afraid to be outcast, isolated, left alone, rejected, ignored or simply hated, that without any conscious understanding, throw away opportunities for success, sometimes in fields of massive interest. We do this, because on some level, we'd rather fail and be ''like everyone else'' having something to moan about, some issue to relate to others on while we all figure out ''what's wrong with us'', or simply, to blend into the crowd/background, so as not to be noticed, because we all feel at some level, whether personally experienced or not, that those of us who have been the most successful, also have to deal with the astonishing amounts of jealousy, envy and spite that come with that territory. To be frank, too many of us are too terrified at some deep level, of putting ourselves out there to attract this kind of energy, and thus; we let ourselves fail. The question is though... Is it worth it?

I'm sure this book as a concept has been done, many a time, upon time, upon time and time again. However, I was told by someone, just because some thing has been done before, doesn't mean it's been done YOUR way. And those who may relate to YOU may not relate to others who've already done it.

This person's words inspired me to finally write this book and also to start blogging/vlogging!

I'm sure some of you also, will have criticisms from just reading these 3 quotes, and may not agree with any of them already haha... However, that's not what I posted for. What I posted this for, was to share my excitement with you guys, and also to ask if....

1) Any of you have ever considered or have actually written a book yourselves?

2) What kind of books do you like to read, if any?

3) Is there any books you've read that you find inspiring, that you'd like to share with us for future readings?

Thanks for posting in advance! :P

I once considered writing a book somewhat similar to this but I could never figure out where to start. I've come up with some off the wall quotes in my dreams and put them online on facebook what have you. Some people like them others don't understand. I think I will have to find this book of yours and give it a read. I actually never read anymore, why I wish I knew.

I like how you say, "In life, the majority of us are so afraid to be outcast, isolated, left alone, rejected, ignored or simply hated, that without any conscious understanding, throw away opportunities for success."

I am guilty as charged for throwing away good opportunities. But I am definitely an Outcast, Rejected, ignored, and isolated. When I turned 18 and was a senior in high school I was forced to move to where I live now and I lost a majority of my childhood friends. So I decided to just be me and if people like it cool, if not that's on them.

Once quote that came to me while sleeping goes as, "The Script of my life flows like waves, gently moving across an oceans surface; Beyond the reaches of heaven."
    After writing this quote, I began to realize how much respect people have for me just based on the overly generous and sincere care I show for trying to make the saddest person smile, The loneliest person feel like someone cares.

I may or may not make sense right now, Kinda tired and I apologize for that .

Anyways back to what I was saying before my tangent thing. I like the quotes you have shown thus far, relate to my way of thinking, and just touched home after reading.

Nobody is perfect yet perfection lies in the effort of the trying to be unique.

Comment

You are DEFINITELY a writer, my man!

Yes , I do it too ...it's one of my main issues. Trying to hold myself back so as not to intimidate people. I believe I was severely emotionally traumatized from school and highschool... in elementary I noticed kids turning against me for being a good painter, and getting loads of attention from teachers, and pats on the back and being super intelligent in all the top classes. But it was all a joke at that age, I didn't take it seriously, we just laughed about it and it didn't affect me.

However, in highschool it took a different direction. with all the pressure on the social aspect of highschool, I completely caved, and that's when I began pretending I wasn't as smart as I was just because, when everyone else didn't get a question, I didn't want to be praised by the teacher cus I was the only one who did, so I'd pretend I didn't either. In art class, I'd slack and not draw as well as I could, letting the other kids put full efforts in, so that I could be like them and say '' awww, why am I so terrible at drawing?'' and get their sympathy instead of jealous looks... even if they'd try to hide it, later i would feel their negative attention being directed at me. I sensed it, and I couldn't handle it.

Now I isolate myself too, because I don't want to be that way anymore. However, the more I learn to attract positive, supportive people, the more I feel I'm ''allowed'' to be myself and excel in my talents and abilities and use my full potential, instead of holding back or going backwards.

You should surround yourself with positive people too. People who have the same talents, and won't be intimidated. Other writers perhaps, then you can learn from them and them from you. Then maybe you'll be motivated to do well too!

And it's VERY true, that most people WON'T understand. Unfortunately the average person is still pretty shallow, and anything that's not explained to them, they don't have the ability to think outside the box or for themselves in order to comprehend. That's why many of the quotes I've explained, because the quote itself, although for me...easy to understand, for others, not so much.

I used to post quotes on fb, and no1 got it, and it always gets less attention than silly quotes like '' I like sex'' '' I feel horny right now'' , And that's the same reason this post has many views, but you sir, are the first to comment.

I Love your floetic/poetic dialect.

In the past I didn't know where to start, a psychic told me I have a book in me (meaning she could feel that one was gonna come out of me one day) and I was like ...''but i have so many ideas, I don't know where to begin'' but still felt inspired. I also knew/could feel, I would write one 1 day.

Then one day, someone finally hit the spot and I was triggered. Then i thawt f*ck it , no need to over think it, trying to make things perfect before I start writing...lemme just buy a notebook, start writing quotes and ... edit it later or something.

And I think that's what you're doing is probably over-analysing things, the best way to start, is to just start writing. But then again, maybe it's not time yet for you?.....On the other hand,,, maybe it is and you're just procrastinating. Don't think too much.

If you want to keep it simple to begin with and just do the quotes thing.... The best thing I can say to you is, Just do it! Start with 1 quote and just number down the page adding more.

You're definitely designed mentally for it though. You're language is beautiful and you explain yourself well, very articulately, even everything else in your comment apart from the ''quote'' : "The Script of my life flows like waves, gently moving across an oceans surface; Beyond the reaches of heaven." .... The way you express yourself is articulate.

Just go ahead...

Comment

I appreciate the comments greatly, I've been hanging with older people that have got my mind back on track and I have been doing very well lately. I've been able to say I am proud of myself more now then I have the last few slippery years I have had since royally F****** my life up by dropping out of school and never caring.

Maybe one day I will write something and it will blow peoples minds. It'd probably be about my minds way of thinking, Help others and bring smiles to faces. I'm just not ready yet. Haven't felt that strike to my gut, the jump of a third missed heart beat, seeing as mine already skips from time to time. I'm hoping to feel what I need to get my inspiration to full force, so I can create my masterpiece of self revelations.

Keep being you and the world cannot touch what you shall become.

Comment

You did not f*ck up anything, your life especially by dropping out of school. Many great minds do not follow the conventional ways of doing things, they just don't fit in there. School probably restricted you. And there's better ways of gaining qualifications than what school could provide you with as it's designed for the average person, and for the ultra talented and gifted can actually be a set back instead of an encouragement to excel. You didn't miss anything. You , just like many artists, chose a different path. On a soul level, there's a reason for everything, including that. You were meant to go a different way, a more adventurous way, YOUR original and unique way. F*ck what you think you could have done if you'd stayed in school, at the time you made the decision following your heart for a reason, now stick with that... and though you may have learned things and made a realization that you hadn't been aware of before, you wouldn't have come to this understanding had you played the game any other way. So... Royally move forward knowing you dropped out for a reason, and that you're gonna be a better person for it.

I personally think, all schools should be torn down and rebuilt when it comes to their systematic ways of teaching. Ones that support creativity and individuality, integrity and confidence should be developed, not submissiveness or conformity. I'm so over that, 2012 is a new year... the beginning of a new way, a better way. People like you will be a part of it.

Comment

I'll agree you should surround yourself with positive people. You do need some critical people though, get something reflected back is good for you. Anyway, if you write something people don't understand you need write it down more clearly. Simple as that. It's not a case of people being to 'shallow', just write more clearly what you mean. That is what school should help you do and understand, interacting with other people.

The art of writing is making people understand what you mean.

Comment

No . Altering the way you express yourself in writing for other people's lack of intellect/intelligent or ability to intuitively understand /feel the meaning of you're poetry or expression....would RUIN the art of writing. If others don't understand, it's their issue, because if you ''simplified'' and broke everything down for THEM, others who DO understand wouldn't enjoy the articulacy and beauty in the way you chose to write it originally. And Just because they don't understand doesn't mean it's not CLEAR. Besides, CLARITY is about the art of ''communication'' not writing. Ambiguous writing is just as easy for me to ''understand'' because sometimes it's about you're own interpretation... And funnily enough... I never come across any poetry or piece that I don't get.

And maybe if you understood what I was talking about with other people not understanding because they're too shallow, in terms of , if you knew what I was referring to, what I type, Ie: the fb statuses and blogs, then you'd get it. But it's got nothing to do with the clarity of what I'm saying, because the words and dialect I use specifically IS for the intention of CLARITY and communication,and that's WHY they don't get it, because the big words hurt they're brains. But funnily enough, I can write a stupid status very UNCLEARLY like '' Sex... yeah ! '', and all of a sudden LOADS of people ''get it''

.... So you're point is defeated I'm afraid Frans

This thread right here is evidence. That the average person is too shallow in their way of thinking, and they can NOT comprehend information beyond that level of thinking... Like I've written many threads talking about sex and other nonsense, but this one has loads of views,,, but only 1 response, from 1 man who happens to also write on the intellectual level required to understand what I originally posted.

You can't say my post wasn't ''clear'' because FORBID understood it and responded. So again, nothing to do with clarity. Accept it that people are shallow. They're like cavemen, if I write anything in mundane, elementary school language, and it involves sex they're on it. If I write something philosophical or about psychology or quantum physics in a forum...ANY forum, it'll get less responses. Clarity is not the issue there either, I thought everybody understood this Frans, I'm disappointed in you for you're condescending remarks.

Comment

Shallow is a value judgement. It is easy to write stuff most people won't understand, doesn't make you all philosophical. I tend to write things with the intention of letting other people understand what I know or want to tell them. Of course not ALL people will understand it but saying the receiving party is 'shallow' just because you can't bring your point across isn't going to help. Then again, I'm in a different field of work that might skew perception a bit as well. I'm more of a teacher, wanting to make other people understand (or do something). That doesn't work for poetry, where form usually goes above function but still... You *want* people to understand you I'd guess? Unless you're a poet who just writes to write, but that doesn't sounds like fun.

I just don't like the position that "if *they* don't understand *they* must be wrong", that blinds you. Reminds me of the black square painting by Kazimir Malevich and abstract art in general.

I doubt people expect any deep or detailed statusses on fb, that gets them confused It's a bit like asking somebody 'how are you?', most people expect a 'fine, thanks' in reply. If the answer is otherwise it's confusion all around :-)

Now as for the actual topic; I've never considered writing a book because I prefer back-and-forth talking, a book is rather one-directional by definition Do you intend to publish the book on paper (the not-online variant). Quote books can be fun and interesting to read, I do recognize the urge to read more then the 1-per-day :-) Do you get feedback on such an online publication btw, does it get reviews like on amazon?

I've read several books by Stephen Covey, quite useful.

I'm more of a communicator than a writer, there is indeed a difference, you're right on that one.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X