X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW Education: Tips for moving in with your girlfriend

AW Education: Tips for moving in with your girlfriend
    Attached Files

The main tip seems to be 'clean up after yourself' There I was figuring that most anybody would do that anyway. Heck I *had* to do it once when I lived on my own in a small flat, no-one else did it for me

Comment

But that's why you move in with your girlfriend Frans.... So they can clean up after you

Comment

lol pinky
        toilet seat seems to be a deal breaker too

Comment

The women's have a higher level of "cleaning up after yourself" or "picking up things". Way above the men's simple understanding of these tasks.

Comment

Yet I still don't understand the clothes all over the AW sets and Kylie and others saying this is normal... obviously clothes don't count... picking up things haha

Models out there... I'm very good with he toilet seat thing.. quickly backtracking to gain brownie points from my previous comments

Comment

See I'm a firm believer in cleaning up after yourself, but if you don't tidy things up, that's ok (especially as I don't usually tidy my things up). For instance, I'll leave my laptop, mouse and power cables sprawled across my couch when I've been lying there, but dirty cups and dishes go in the dish washer and dirty clothes go in the laundry basket. Not-really-dirty-clothes (like jackets, or jeans you've worn once) are totally fine to live on the floor, but you run the risk of them being stepped all over so it's best to fold them and pop them over a chair or something. Some girls need you to be tidy and clean, some girls (like me) just require you to be clean.

I'm not sure how well I'm explaining my distinctions between clean and tidy, but here's one final example.
              Mouldy shower = needs to be cleaned!
              Towel on the floor = meh, I'm sure one of us will pick it up when we do laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                But that's why you move in with your girlfriend Frans.... So they can clean up after you
                Have you tried/dared say that within throwable-objects-range ??

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                  Have you tried/dared say that within throwable-objects-range ??
                  haha.... NO... never without the safety of a firewall...

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
                  See I'm a firm believer in cleaning up after yourself, but if you don't tidy things up, that's ok (especially as I don't usually tidy my things up). For instance, I'll leave my laptop, mouse and power cables sprawled across my couch when I've been lying there, but dirty cups and dishes go in the dish washer and dirty clothes go in the laundry basket. Not-really-dirty-clothes (like jackets, or jeans you've worn once) are totally fine to live on the floor, but you run the risk of them being stepped all over so it's best to fold them and pop them over a chair or something. Some girls need you to be tidy and clean, some girls (like me) just require you to be clean.

I'm not sure how well I'm explaining my distinctions between clean and tidy, but here's one final example.
                  Mouldy shower = needs to be cleaned!
                  Towel on the floor = meh, I'm sure one of us will pick it up when we do laundry.
                  clean and tidy distinctions makes sense... If it can be picked up and used or worn again its OK... if not it's to be cleared away, tidied up... or something like that...
                  Sidetracked slightly from the thread.... Showers are a pain to keep "clean & tidy" so what do you find best?? lots of those so called easy spray and wipe are not flash... currently I have been using dish washing powder (the stuff you put in your dishwasher... ) makes it all nice and sparking although doesn't work super great on the walls... being the fact that it bounces off them Love to hear lazy alternatives

Comment

clean and tidy distinctions makes sense... If it can be picked up and used or worn again its OK... if not it's to be cleared away, tidied up... or something like that...
                    Sidetracked slightly from the thread.... Showers are a pain to keep "clean & tidy" so what do you find best?? lots of those so called easy spray and wipe are not flash... currently I have been using dish washing powder (the stuff you put in your dishwasher... ) makes it all nice and sparking although doesn't work super great on the walls... being the fact that it bounces off them Love to hear lazy alternatives
                    Well, I have pretty bad hay fever so I tend to beg out of cleaning that involves strong-smelling products and end up vacuuming and doing dishes while Marcus throws bleach at every surface in the bathroom and then turns the extractor fan on for a few hours. I'm not sure this is the best possible way to get it done, but it seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
                      Well, I have pretty bad hay fever so I tend to beg out of cleaning that involves strong-smelling products and end up vacuuming and doing dishes while Marcus throws bleach at every surface in the bathroom and then turns the extractor fan on for a few hours. I'm not sure this is the best possible way to get it done, but it seems to work.
                      ohh Kylie... you missed your chance you could/should have used the pretty bad hay fever to also get out of the vacuuming... that would have been totally believable and then found a place with a dishwasher... then you would have been home free

Comment

AW ladies would absolutely love me because I'm always tidying up about the house and at work. Wiping counters down, things like that.

Comment

ohh Kylie... you missed your chance you could/should have used the pretty bad hay fever to also get out of the vacuuming... that would have been totally believable and then found a place with a dishwasher... then you would have been home free
                          By "doing dishes" I mean loading the dishwasher and washing big pots or pans. It's hardly an effort.

Comment

this whole disscustion reminds me of a song called "clean up the mess" and part of the song is "your mom should have told you, don't mess with the women that love you, they show no mercy"

Comment

Originally posted by timbo83 View Post
                              this whole disscustion reminds me of a song called "clean up the mess" and part of the song is "your mom should have told you, don't mess with the women that love you, they show no mercy"
                              Heh heh- 'Clean Up What I Messed Up' by the Cantons comes to mind.

Comment

haha.... NO... never without the safety of a firewall...

Everyone (both male and female) has their own neat/tidy comfort levels, I think. The difficulty is in accommodating your partner's comfort level while also keeping within your own. This is true for things outside of keeping the house neat/clean, as well, I think

Comment

Originally posted by illu45 View Post
                                  Everyone (both male and female) has their own neat/tidy comfort levels, I think. The difficulty is in accommodating your partner's comfort level while also keeping within your own. This is true for things outside of keeping the house neat/clean, as well, I think
                                  Very true.... you needed to add the Yada... thing after such a post...

Comment

I haven't yet watched this and probably won't. After all, I've never moved in with a girl and in fact, I've never shared a bed with anyone. At my age, if I did, it would be so strange that most likely I'd never get any sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by illu45 View Post
                                      I disagree with this a slight bit. While we each have our own neat/tidy levels, if we are with someone who has a higher tidy level than we do, then it seems as if we move our tidy level up to meet theirs....if we want to keep a happy relationship.

Right now, if a woman came into my house, she's probably be disgusted at my tidiness level, but if she cleaned the place up to where she was happy with it, I'd strive to maintain that level as I would know that is what she expects the house to look like, and I 'd want to make her happy. I've found that it doesn't take much tidiness to keep me satisfied, but I'm a guy, so I think that's typical. On the other hand, a woman wants everything to be in it's place, so once I found out what that place was, I'd make sure I placed it there.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X