zip files/downloads do not work/not available for new shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PackMcA View Post
    First, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the zip files are back. For the sake of the staff, I hope it's a true fix and not one of those things that will make the customers happy while the staff is still behind the scenes pulling their hair out trying to resolve it on a permanent basis!
    I also want to point out, on behalf of members of the site, that while there were people (I was one of them) who expressed concerns, I think it was only because A) people love the girls of Abby Winters and B) members are used to a well-run site and responsive customer service.
    If this was one of those badly run, fly-by-night sites run by a distant, indifferent staff, I'm sure members would have just shrugged and thought, "Well, it figures that this is what you get with Site X."
    So, yeah, you might have extra expectations thrust on you with being a staff member at Abby Winters but it's honestly a sign of respect and affection.
    I am still having trouble. I am looking at the image set dahlia_nichole. The zip file I got using the multi-select option was only 7kb and would not open. I am however able to download the entire file using the icon at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by crawwash View Post
      I am still having trouble. I am looking at the image set dahlia_nichole. The zip file I got using the multi-select option was only 7kb and would not open. I am however able to download the entire file using the icon at the top of the page.
      Confirmed, multi-select downloads of pictures doesn't work at the moment. Download of full zips does. Will ask HQ to fix that one.

Comment

Recent changes....

The recent changes in downloading .zip, mpg. and wmv. files leaves me with two reactions.

As a faithful paying customer: "A wee bit of a problem - glad you worked it out."

As a software QA engineer for a fortune 50 company: "Exactly WHY THE FUCK didn't this get tested before you released it? Really?"

...anyway....

glad it all works again.

-The Wombat

Comment

Started having trouble again
          I rarely download the entire zip file. I view the thumbs and chose using the 'multi-select' mode as intended. I may only select a third or less to download.
          So it is frustrating to select the files only to get the error message.

Comment

Which shoot? Do you get an errorpage or a very small and invalid zipfile?

Comment

This morning I was at http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/jade_s_5. Last night I was else where and thought it was a fluke.
              I get the little error message 'error occurred. Please try again'

Comment

Ah yes, I see. There's something (different) broken there. Will notify staff about that, sorry.

Comment

FYI
                  I needed to download the Jade S file individually. So now I started to work on downloading a more recent image set at http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/aly...stills?page=15
                  I just multi selected these four files and I am getting the same small error message asking me to try again.
                  Also when I click the 'multi-select' box for the number of files selected (in this case 4) I usually get a browser page showing all the images selected. Now this takes me to an error banner page at http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/images/selection

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                    The zipfile structure looks like a proper old pkzip file which any program can read. Could you try/test extracting the pics via another program and viewing the pictures in your viewer?
                    (does Windows itself open the zipfile correctly?)
                    Yes, windows unzips the files correctly. My image viewer software works as expected with the extracted files. It is just odd that the image viewer program used to be able to read the images from inside the unzipped file, and now it can't. I will try another image viewer program when I have time.

Thanks Frans

btw - I am working with the full zip files, not multi-selected images.

Comment

Also when I click the 'multi-select' box for the number of files selected (in this case 4) I usually get a browser page showing all the images selected. Now this takes me to an error banner page at http://www.abbywinters.com/browse/images/selection
                      I don't recognize what you describe there, if you have several pictures selected you are already in multi-select mode. On what do you click then ?

Comment

I click on the number itself which opens up a page with thumbs of all the files selected

Comment

I click on the number itself which opens up a page with thumbs of all the files selected
                          Ah, understood. Never used that one myself but I see it indeed also has problems. Will add that to the problem-description, thanks!

Comment

crawwash: problems with custom zips both downloading and viewing selection have been fixed, happy viewing/downloading!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X