Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Shoots ever coming back to the homepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Shoots ever coming back to the homepage?

I've tried both "contact us" and "feedback" links but both don't seem to be working for me. Does anyone know if the "Random Shoots" Beta is ever coming back to the homepage? Maybe an improved version where you can specify Solo/IM/GG/BG? Hope so, it was an easy way to browse the whole site!

Those links do in fact work, the submit button however does not TELL you that it has send the information to HQ That's a known bug, expect a reply to your feedback next week.

You can somewhat emulate the random-shoot thing using Search as that will return a random set of suggestions if it does not find any match at all.

Comment

That must be new... I'm sure the random shoot widget was working perfectly last week.....

Considering the popularity of the random widget thingy... seems such a shame if it has really gone for good and not just another "bug" that seems to be common on the site at present.

Frans... that shoot random set of suggestions which you get when the search doesn't work (normally because of a typo by me) is not the same as the widget... I have never gone into a link from that but often opened and commented on one shown in the random shoot widget.

Personally... I thought it worked perfectly without needing any improvement.

Comment

Another big fan of random shoots is waiting impatiently for it to come back on line. I would welcome a "back" button and other bells and whistles. But for now, let's just get the thing working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          Those links do in fact work, the submit button however does not TELL you that it has send the information to HQ That's a known bug, expect a reply to your feedback next week.

You can somewhat emulate the random-shoot thing using Search as that will return a random set of suggestions if it does not find any match at all.
          The "known bug" has been known for over two years. So now that it's known, is there any reason why nothing has been done about it? It surely can't be that hard to set up a system which sends an automatic acknowledgement whenever feedback is given or a bug is reported.

As for the random shoot widget, you didn't answer the question whether it's coming back or not. It's the one thing among the whole raft of changes that came with CMS 2 that has had unanimous approval from all members. And when you get a negative search result you don't get a list of shoots, you get a list of models.

Comment

Originally posted by quietdomino View Post
            I've tried both "contact us" and "feedback" links but both don't seem to be working for me. Does anyone know if the "Random Shoots" Beta is ever coming back to the homepage? Maybe an improved version where you can specify Solo/IM/GG/BG? Hope so, it was an easy way to browse the whole site!
            The random shoots displaying on the homepage was damaged during a recent feature update, and has been re-instated as of just now. I'm glad you guys like it! We have some more features in the pipeline similar to this so thanks for the feedback about finding random shoots by type - we may look at including that at some stage.

As for the Contact Us and Feedback forms, we're planning to release a fix for this within the next few days - but as Frans mentioned, they are sending your Feedback and Bug Reports through to us but are tripping up on the last bit which, as you're probably aware, is letting you know it's sent your message through.

Comment

thanks Gef, happy to know the random shots are back and it sounds like AW wants it to stay on the homspage, double good news

Comment

It's not working properly tonight - the first random shoot is there but hit next and you get a name but no clickable image...

Comment

Originally posted by remigius View Post
                  It's not working properly tonight - the first random shoot is there but hit next and you get a name but no clickable image...
                  Which name did you get ?

Seems to work OK now.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X