Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grainy hi-res images again....

Hi,

The latest two sets, Amy L and Karlijn are both grainy in the hi-res version. Why is this happening again?

Regs

S

More grainey hi-res images, latest is Esmerelda. Is it just me that is finding this an issue? Does nobody else notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoopey2 View Post
      More grainey hi-res images, latest is Esmerelda. Is it just me that is finding this an issue? Does nobody else notice?
      I never notice such things, just don't see it. I'll ask the photo staff at HQ to look into it.

Comment

I agree with Shoopey2.
        I used to watch some XL images at ratio 1:1 to see the details of a model.
        But now, on many photos, the 1:1 ratio doesn't show more details: It's too grainy.

Originally posted by Frans View Post
        I never notice such things, just don't see it
        Look at Esmerelda's shoulder on this photo.
        You won't see the texture of her skin but a grainy texture caused by the photography.

Comment

The graininess is readily seeable in the downloaded photos and viewed in Windows Photo Viewer. I can see quite a bit of jpeg noise in the photo, especially noticeable in the skin.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Graininess can be caused by using high ISO's and also under exposing images. We do like to raise ISO levels to use natural light as much as possible and sometimes this is the cause of grain in our images. Other times it can be an problem with under-exposure, where the image itself was exposed too dark and has been lifted in brightness in post production which casuses the grain. This can happen from time to time when shooting more rapid fire, but generally we do our utmost to correctly expose all our images and keep grain to a minimum.

We also plan to integrate new cameras that perform better under lower light and with have less grain or noise. So this will hopefully help you guys see everything in perfect crisp detail. We plan to be shooting more with new cameras in February.

Okay hope that explains it from a production point of view.

Rhyss

Comment

Makes total sense. Thanks, Rhyss.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Rhyss. And thanks Frans and everyone else for the responses!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X